Kodi Community Forum
New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: PVR (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=136)
+---- Thread: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth (/showthread.php?tid=110694)

- tsp42 - 2012-01-19

Yes xbmc is slower to change channels as it does some buffering before starting playback.

- Mettbrot - 2012-01-19

Hi, is there any way to install this addon on an xbmc installation based on opdenkamp git repository (install.sh from pulse-eight)?? Or is the addon only availible as a complete and fresh install of xbmc.?

Is it possible that someone, who compiled the whole thing could give me only the needes files as an addon zip file that works with my latest xbmc build from opdenkamp? I'm having some troubles with tvheadend thats why i ask...

thanks in advance!

- schneberger - 2012-01-19

can someone compile this for appletv2 ? i donĀ“t have the enviroment to do it. so if someone could help it would be nice.

- fiveisalive - 2012-01-19

Hasu0bs Wrote:Hi, is there any way to install this addon on an xbmc installation based on opdenkamp git repository (install.sh from pulse-eight)?? Or is the addon only availible as a complete and fresh install of xbmc.?

Is it possible that someone, who compiled the whole thing could give me only the needes files as an addon zip file that works with my latest xbmc build from opdenkamp? I'm having some troubles with tvheadend thats why i ask...

thanks in advance!

Nope, you need to install the whole tree, see: http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=971585&postcount=331 PVR add-ons are binary add-ons, not Python-based, hence no easy way to bundle. Not to mention that there may be slight API/ABI differences between tsp and opdenkamp repo at any given time.

tsp42: perhaps you need to add a FAQ/section on the first post that addresses the fact that the cmyth add-on can't be "dropped in" to another PVR based build and needs to be built from the whole tree. This question has come up several times.

- Mettbrot - 2012-01-19

fiveisalive Wrote:Nope, you need to install the whole tree, see: http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=971585&postcount=331 PVR add-ons are binary add-ons, not Python-based, hence no easy way to bundle. Not to mention that there may be slight API/ABI differences between tsp and opdenkamp repo at any given time.

tsp42: perhaps you need to add a FAQ/section on the first post that addresses the fact that the cmyth add-on can't be "dropped in" to another PVR based build and needs to be built from the whole tree. This question has come up several times.

Thank you for your advice. Very helpfull in deed, i did not find anything about it via thread search. A FAQ is a good idea!

Maybe i have to try this tree on a new partition...
Will this addon be ported to the pvr master tree some day? Maybe thats worth the waiting...

- fiveisalive - 2012-01-20

Finally got around to testing latest git master. Still have problems with PVR loading. XBMC starts up, but "Live TV" option not available, as XBMC is stuck showing:

"PVR Manager is starting up
Importing channels"

It appears that channels are being loaded, but this message never goes away. The last PVR-related item in the log is:

Code:
20:17:19 T:139927169566464   DEBUG: Process - Entering source directory /home/myth/Documents/tsp/xbmc-installed/share/xbmc/portable_data/addons/service.dbus.notify
20:17:19 T:139927169566464   DEBUG: Instantiating addon using automatically obtained id of "service.dbus.notify" dependent on version 2.0 of the xbmc.python api
20:17:19 T:139927445489408   DEBUG: PVRDB - Get - channel 'Channel 14845' loaded from the database
20:17:19 T:139927445489408   DEBUG: PVRDB - Get - channel 'Channel 14847' loaded from the database
20:17:19 T:139927445489408   DEBUG: PVRChannelGroup - Load - 105 channels loaded from the database for group 'All TV channels'
20:17:19 T:139927445489408   DEBUG: AddOnLog: MythTV cmyth PVR Client: GetChannels - radio: 0
20:17:19 T:139927445489408   DEBUG: AddOnLog: MythTV cmyth PVR Client: GetChannels - Done

use new libcmyth plugin in mac os - sunny78 - 2012-01-21

Hi,

I would like to try this under Mac OS. I have mythtv working with myth box but i would really like to switch to this to have seeking support (currently not working correctly on myth box) and better integration in xbmc.

Could someone explain me the procedure to use it under OSx ?

- dubstar_04 - 2012-01-22

sunny78 Wrote:Hi,

I would like to try this under Mac OS. I have mythtv working with myth box but i would really like to switch to this to have seeking support (currently not working correctly on myth box) and better integration in xbmc.

Could someone explain me the procedure to use it under OSx ?

if you look at the opening post it has a link to the git repo where the code managed.

Clone the code and follow the osx read me that is stored within.

It should build with no issues. if you do have any problems related to the
code, post here for support and feedback the issue to tsp.

I hope this helps.

Building on osx 10.6/Xcode 4 - sunny78 - 2012-01-22

dubstar_04 Wrote:if you look at the opening post it has a link to the git repo where the code managed.

Clone the code and follow the osx read me that is stored within.

It should build with no issues. if you do have any problems related to the
code, post here for support and feedback the issue to tsp.

I hope this helps.

It seems sdk for osx 10.4 is needed. Pcre configure fails because it needs gcc 4.0.

cd pcre-7.9; ./configure --prefix=/Users/Shared/xbmc-depends/osx-10.4_i386 --disable-stack-for-recursion
configure: loading site script /Users/Shared/xbmc-depends/osx-10.4_i386/share/config.site
checking for a BSD-compatible install... /usr/bin/install -c
checking whether build environment is sane... yes
checking for a thread-safe mkdir -p... ./install-sh -c -d
checking for gawk... no
checking for mawk... no
checking for nawk... no
checking for awk... awk
checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... yes
checking for gcc... /usr/bin/gcc-4.0
checking for C compiler default output file name...
configure: error: in `/Users/bma/xbmc/tools/darwin/depends/pcre/pcre-7.9':
configure: error: C compiler cannot create executables
See `config.log' for more details.
make[1]: *** [pcre-7.9] Error 77
make: *** [pcre] Error 2

here it says /usr/bin/gcc-4.0 where i only have gcc-4.2

- tsp42 - 2012-01-23

fiveisalive: Have you tried a fresh install of xbmc? If that doesn't work could you pastebin a stacktrace from the xbmc process (after it is stuck)? You can use the following command substituting the path and PID of xbmc.bin
Code:
sudo gdb [path to xbmc.bin]xbmc.bin [PID] -ex "thread apply all bt full" -batch

sunny78: I don't unfortunately have a Mac so I'm afraid that I can't help you but maybe you could try compiling the ordinary version of xbmc first and when that works try my version.

- flitter2009 - 2012-01-24

Hi Sunny,

Buildingthis branch on OSX under lion doesn't work for me, it should build under snow leopard provided you've run the Xcode installer after downloading... At least that's how I built it last time. You'll probably get some better results if you go to a the lion compile thread.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=107126&highlight=Mac+lion+compile&page=3

Short answer is its not easy :-( but fixes are being worked on at last post there.

- sunny78 - 2012-01-24

flitter2009 Wrote:Hi Sunny,

Building on OSX under lion doesn't work for me, it should build under snow leopard provided you've run the Xcode installer after downloading... At least that's how I built it last time. You'll probably get some better results if you go to a the lion compile thread.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=107126&highlight=Mac+lion+compile&page=3

Short answer is its not easy :-(.

The problem is that i don't have leopard. Perhaps can you give me version compiled on your side :-)

- fiveisalive - 2012-01-30

tsp42 Wrote:fiveisalive: Have you tried a fresh install of xbmc? If that doesn't work could you pastebin a stacktrace from the xbmc process (after it is stuck)? You can use the following command substituting the path and PID of xbmc.bin
Code:
sudo gdb [path to xbmc.bin]xbmc.bin [PID] -ex "thread apply all bt full" -batch

Actually now it doesn't hang xbmc completely, I can continue to use it, just that I can't enter "Live TV", and the notification "PVR manager is starting up" remains. If I quit XBMC, go away for 30 mins or so and then restart, this sometimes fixes it (new import finishes). Another fairly robust workaround is to quit xbmc. Then cd ~/.xbmc/userdata/Database and remove the database files Epg7.db and TV18.db. Upon restart, it will pull all the info down from the backend again and I can get into the "Live TV" source.

I'm using myth 0.23. Could it be that somehow a previous (successful) handshake with the mythbackend is locking out a reconnection, as this sometimes happens after I quit or killed xbmc while in the live TV source (not necessarily watching a program though).

- fiveisalive - 2012-01-30

Another (separate) issue with the timer/recording rules. I went to "EPG: Timeline", selected a program in the next hour, requested to record it. It appeared to be added correctly in the upcoming recordings list in XBMC. But it doesn't seem to get passed on correctly to the backend. I checked on mythweb, and it doesn't show as an upcoming recording. However when also check the "show deactivated" , I can see the show in mythweb, but it lists it as: "Not airing in timeslot this day" in the column where the "Activate/Don't Record" button normally is.

A related bug: If scroll through the timeline to a channel down the list, then visit the recordings screen, then go back to the timeline, it remembers my position in the channel list. however if I actually play a recording, stop, go back to timeline, it always resets my position to the top of the channel list. (There a quite a few UI issues like this, probably many of them are in the main PVR code, should I file a bug on github under tsp or opdenkamp for these kinds of issues? for this issue filed this github issue: https://github.com/opdenkamp/xbmc/issues/411 )

Compile fails on OSX - karld1977 - 2012-02-05

Having issues compiling this tree on OSX, here is the screen output when I run make with the --ignore-errors switch directly against the mythtv-cmyth code (entire tree fails to compile, halting at the mythtv-cmyth code)

http://pastebin.com/TTTE0ZZm

I can compile the standard XBMC tree without issues.

Has anyone successfully compiled this on OSX 10.7 yet?

Build environment consists of:
- xcode 3.2.5
- SDK 10.4
- OSX 10.7.2
- Intel iMac