Kodi Community Forum
New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: PVR (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=136)
+---- Thread: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth (/showthread.php?tid=110694)

- vskatusa - 2011-10-10

tsp42, sure I will wait for the windows build. thx

- mronkko - 2011-10-10

When I start XBMC, I get an dialog telling that "The PVR manager has been enabled without any enabled PVR add-on". However, in the next screen where I choose the PVR add-ons, the "MythTV cmyth PVR Client" is enabled.

Here is a new log that shows the seek problem. I have checked the "Include more debug information in the log". Also it is probably useful to know that most of the files work just fine.

https://gist.github.com/1274675

I can also share the recording file if that helps. It is a 3GB file, so I will need to know if it really is helpful before uploading it somewhere.

- Jimmer - 2011-10-11

Hi tsp,

I'm using the mysql shared library stuff. And with your branch I get a gauranteed crash when entering library view (be it TV, Movies or Music). If I revert back to a local sqlite database then I get no problems. If I stick with mysql but only browse my stuff in files view, then I also have no problems.

I've also compiled from mainline and whatever is causing the problem in the code you forked from dushmaniac has either been fixed (or was introduced in dushmaniac's code).

I've tried using the mysql server on my qnap and also on my mythbackend. I've dropped and redone the database several times, but to no avail.

I was wondering if anyone else in this sub-set of users is using the shared mysql library and if they are using it successfully? Should I just sit tight and wait for your code to catch up with mainline?

Regards,

Jim

PS I'm running into this problem on Hardy Minimal (running on an ATV 1 with CHD) and on Maverick Desktop

- dodoadoodoo - 2011-10-11

Jimmer Wrote:Hi tsp,

I'm using the mysql shared library stuff. And with your branch I get a gauranteed crash when entering library view (be it TV, Movies or Music). If I revert back to a local sqlite database then I get no problems. If I stick with mysql but only browse my stuff in files view, then I also have no problems.

The music library works for me on a natty desktop. Haven't tested the video library yet.

/D
PS
Great work on this plugin, I love it!

- fiveisalive - 2011-10-11

Just checking, but does this PVR add-on work with MythTV 0.23-fixes branch? I have an existing Dharma setup with working MythTV, and I'd like to be able to keep my existing MythTV installation in case I have to revert back.

- dodoadoodoo - 2011-10-11

fiveisalive Wrote:Just checking, but does this PVR add-on work with MythTV 0.23-fixes branch? I have an existing Dharma setup with working MythTV, and I'd like to be able to keep my existing MythTV installation in case I have to revert back.

Yep, works with my 0.23-fixes.

/D

- fiveisalive - 2011-10-11

dodoadoodoo Wrote:Yep, works with my 0.23-fixes.

/D

Thanks. By the way, is there a reason not to switch to 0.24? I've kept to using 0.23-fixes simply because the mythbox add-on and built-in myth support in Dharma doesn't support 0.24 and later, but if pre-Eden and this PVR add work with 0.24, would there be any extra benefit to switching to the newer MythTV?

- Jimmer - 2011-10-11

dodoadoodoo Wrote:The music library works for me on a natty desktop. Haven't tested the video library yet.

/D
PS
Great work on this plugin, I love it!

Are you also using shared thumbnails? Are you using a mixture of xbmc installs or are they all natty desktops? For instance, I thought sharing the library between Hardy and Maverick might have caused the problems, but have eliminated that now.

Interested to know what might be specific to my set-up....

Jim

- tsp42 - 2011-10-12

Jimmer: If you can find the commit that fixes the crash in mainline I may be able to add it to my code. Again I would prefer not to try merging dushmania code with the current mainline as I don't yet understand his code well enough.

mronkko: It look like the extra debug information is not included in the log(It really spams the log file). Also does the recording playback fine until you try to fast forward?

- mronkko - 2011-10-12

tsp42 Wrote:mronkko: It look like the extra debug information is not included in the log(It really spams the log file). Also does the recording playback fine until you try to fast forward?

How do I enable the extra debug information?

The record plays fine. Just seeking forward causes the player to exit.

- dodoadoodoo - 2011-10-12

Jimmer Wrote:Are you also using shared thumbnails? Are you using a mixture of xbmc installs or are they all natty desktops? For instance, I thought sharing the library between Hardy and Maverick might have caused the problems, but have eliminated that now.

Interested to know what might be specific to my set-up....

Jim

Also works on my XBMC live (Dharma based with tsp42 XBMC) No shared thumbnails.

/D

- Jimmer - 2011-10-12

dodoadoodoo Wrote:Also works on my XBMC live (Dharma based with tsp42 XBMC) No shared thumbnails.

/D

If it is working for you without the crashes, then maybe it's something in my build enviroment, need a newer version of a lib, maybe?

But: the latest and greatest xbmc mainline works just fine.... also I can't share a library between the current mainline code and tsp's: it complains of a database compatibility error. Something must have changed in mainline. I just don't understand why it's only affecting me?!

Jim

- fiveisalive - 2011-10-12

mronkko Wrote:How do I enable the extra debug information?

The record plays fine. Just seeking forward causes the player to exit.

I have seen the same (or similar) issue with Mythbox add-on running under Dharma. The playback exits upon either skipping forward, or using fast-forward on too higher setting (e.g. it won't exit at 4x, but will exit at 16x). The exact same recording being played back via mythfrontend works fine at all speeds, so it maybe something to do with the way XBMC accesses the file from MythTV.

- stevellion - 2011-10-12

I'm so excited about this..

But - I can't get it to work. Sad

When I try to enable a PVR add-on, it just won't enable.
Then, when I try to turn on Live-TV, it says, no PVR add-on enabled.

Just compiled from git today.

Gonna try deleting all existing (mainline master) userdata and see.

PS - it core dumps when I disable Live-TV. (so I did it manually through the settings)

- stevellion - 2011-10-12

OMG - It's fantastic!

The only thing I can't see it doing, is grouping the recordings into programmes.

ie. Show all the programmes that are recorded, rather than all episodes?

I'm wondering if I just switch my main HTPC onto this.
(Currently running xbmc master nightlies - which is fairly stable)