Kodi Community Forum
New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: PVR (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=136)
+---- Thread: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth (/showthread.php?tid=110694)

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - Paradox - 2012-05-17

I'm trying what tdavis did above..

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - FrogBoy - 2012-05-18

(2012-05-13, 00:09)tdavis Wrote: I did this:

Code:
mkdir xbmc
cd xbmc
git clone --branch myth-0.25 https://github.com/dteirney/xbmc.git dt
cd dt
git diff 00e6c1c > ../xbmc-myth-0.25.patch
cd ..
git clone https://github.com/tsp/xbmc.git tsp
cd tsp/
patch -p1 < ../xbmc-myth-0.25.patch

And then patch lib/cmyth/libcmyth/connection.c with

Code:
--- tsp2/lib/cmyth/libcmyth/connection.c        2012-05-12 15:08:00.476169895 -0700
+++ tsp/lib/cmyth/libcmyth/connection.c 2012-05-11 11:03:48.980341238 -0700
@@ -754,6 +754,11 @@
                          __FUNCTION__, host, port, buflen);
                goto shut;
        }
+        /*
+        * Explicitly set the conn version to the control version as cmyth_connect() doesn't and some of
+        * the cmyth_rcv_* functions expect it to be the same as the protocol version used by mythbackend.
+        */
+       conn->conn_version = control->conn_version;

ann_size += strlen(path) + strlen(my_hostname) + strlen(sgToGetFrom) + 6;
        announcement = malloc(ann_size);

and compiled it up.

Everything works - LiveTV, Recordings, EPG.

Thanks, I did exactly this and the connection to Myth 0.25 seems to be working. I am having stability issues with my build of XBMC generally but the Myth connection seems to work.

One thing I did notice is that channel switching when watching live TV seems very slow (10-15 seconds), is this expected?

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - tsp42 - 2012-05-18

The code for MythTV 0.25 is now added from dteirney's site so you don't have to apply the patch.

FrogBoy: Yes the channel switching is very slow right now. I had to change the code to avoid a deadlock when changing the channels after I enabled time shifting.

fiveisalive: The patch against the ffmpeg code adds support for multichannel aac. You don't need the patch if you use an external ffmpeg library.

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - Paradox - 2012-05-18

Applied the patch as well and the channel switching is slow. So we can just clone https://github.com/dteirney/xbmc.git build/install this now?

General question...Can timeshifting be turned off?

TSP, you're a legend. Do you use an IDE for your development? If so, which one?

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - fetzerch - 2012-05-18

Can anyone confirm that the multiplex tuner selction is fixed with mythtv 0.25?

https://github.com/tsp/xbmc/issues/9

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - bilbonvidia - 2012-05-18

(2012-05-18, 01:23)tsp42 Wrote: The code for MythTV 0.25 is now added from dteirney's site so you don't have to apply the patch.

FrogBoy: Yes the channel switching is very slow right now. I had to change the code to avoid a deadlock when changing the channels after I enabled time shifting.

hi tsp42, regarding the code change re-deadlock, is this since I had my channel change issue or was it implemented already before eden-pvr? If I am on new the new code, did you see anything obvious in that gdb dump?

Also, is this now compatible with mythtv 0.25?

Thank you

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - kburkart - 2012-05-18

Ok, got myth25 working following the above instructions. Had the system freeze up on me once, but overall things look great. The next question I have is does anybody have this working as a server running PXE boot to diskless headends? If so could you point me to how this is setup.

thanks,
Kevin

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - fiveisalive - 2012-05-18

(2012-05-18, 01:23)tsp42 Wrote: The code for MythTV 0.25 is now added from dteirney's site so you don't have to apply the patch.
It looks like there is now a new branch "Eden-Pvr" (in addition to "Eden-pvr", note lowercase), so it seems the branch has been duplicated, was this intentional, or was a new branch created inadvertantly? See: https://github.com/tsp/xbmc/branches
Quote:fiveisalive: The patch against the ffmpeg code adds support for multichannel aac. You don't need the patch if you use an external ffmpeg library.

Thanks, good to know. Which files can I then exclude from the patch? From trial and error, I noted it was not sufficient to exclude only files in lib/ffmpegm U also had to exclude files in codecs/DVDplayer in order for the compile to work. I'm guessing because there was some kind of API change.

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - tdavis - 2012-05-18

(2012-05-18, 15:46)kburkart Wrote: Ok, got myth25 working following the above instructions. Had the system freeze up on me once, but overall things look great. The next question I have is does anybody have this working as a server running PXE boot to diskless headends? If so could you point me to how this is setup.

thanks,
Kevin

The closes I can come is to use OpenElec.tv but - that does not have the 0.25 fixes, or this plugin built in. I haven't tried to build OpenElec lately - they are also headed to a 2.0 release.

I PXE boot MiniMyth 0.25 and OpenElec.. that way, I can pick and choose what I want to use. Got to keep the WAF up there, she's crazy enough about her Kylin TV (Chinese palace dramas.. She just loves them!)

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - sos_xbmc - 2012-05-19

I just joined the forum to say that this cmyth interface works great (although only had a couple of hours to play around so far - and I'm brand new to using xbmc)! I'd previously tried and failed to get the mythbox plugin working with myth 0.24, and with 0.25 nothing worked (until now).

I just compiled this brach from the git source this morning (on Arch linux). Seamless integration and detection of my 0.25 myth backend. Picked up the EPG data and channels correctly and watched my first TV in xbmc. Nice.

Main advantages over mythfrontend: slick interface, weather works.
Main disadvantage: a bit more cumbersome to navigate the menus for pictures, video and TV. Also slower to tune to the TV stream.

I'll keep playing with it and feedback any issues - and am looking forward to ongoing development Smile

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - KeithLM - 2012-05-19

So with the current state of things, how do we get 0.25 support? I haven't been running mine for a month or so, so I just did a git pull and rebuilt, but it's not connecting to myth 0.25.

Update: OK, so there's something about an Eden-PVR, or Eden-Pvr, or Eden-pvr branch. Right? Which is which? TSP has mentioned Eden-PVR, but that doesn't appear to exist. I've tried 'git checkout Eden-Pvr' but a git pull says I'm up to date, likewise with Eden-pvr. So if I'm to date with all those, then what I built should work with 0.25, right?

Is there any reason we can't get these instructions put someplace like the very first post so we don't have to read hundreds of posts to know how to keep this up to date?

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - poly_boi - 2012-05-19

Hi I'm having a problem while compiling from the Eden-pvr branch. Every time I use the make command I get these errors

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lboost_system
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lboost_filesystem
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lboost_regex
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [/home/user/xbmc/addons/pvr.mythtv.cmyth/XBMC_MythTV_cmyth.pvr] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/user/xbmc/xbmc/pvrclients/mythtv-cmyth'
make: *** [pvrclients] Error 2

As far as I know I installed all the dependencies. I'm running Ubuntu 12.04, could this be the problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am eager to try out the new mythtv addon.

Thanks in advance.

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - KeithLM - 2012-05-19

poly_boi, afte looking a little closer at what I'm dealing with, I'm finding that I can no longer compile correctly because of those same libraries, even though I could compile this project in March. So something has changed with regards to boost. I know I have boost 1.46 installed on my system, while not the latest, that appears to be the correct version for this project. Now it's possible that there's something in boost that needs to be built, I don't recall how I installed boost and it's not in apt. I have several other boost libraries on my system, but I do not have those three for some reason.

Update: Well I've decided to do a full build and install of Boost 1.49.0. poly_boi, go here and follow the instructions:
http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_49_0/more/getting_started/unix-variants.html#the-boost-distribution

Go to step 1 to find the downloads, get the code and unzip it. Then go to 5.1. I recommend doing the following as root:
cd boost_1_49_0 (or whatever the directory is)
./bootstrap.sh
./b2
./b2 install

The last command copies the files over to the system directories (/usr/local/lib/) and you can actually just run that to build and install, but I did them separate just to make sure I could see if there were any issues.

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - poly_boi - 2012-05-19

Thanks for your help KeithLM. I'll let you know how I go.

Update: Thanks heaps KeithLM. Seemed to work fine. I just need to work out why I keep getting an unknown error now when I try to enable the add-on.

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - tsp42 - 2012-05-19

Sorry for the confusion about the two Eden-P/pvr branches. The Eden-pvr branch is the correct one. The other one was created because windows is case-insensive while github is not. So I was able to git checkout Eden-Pvr locally even if the branch didn't exist and when I pushed it upstreams github decided to create a new branch. The tricky part is to delete the extra github branch without deleting my local Eden-pvr branch.