Kodi Community Forum
New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: PVR (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=136)
+---- Thread: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth (/showthread.php?tid=110694)

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - InoD - 2012-06-06

(2012-06-06, 15:54)PhoenixMage Wrote: InoD, Do you have a Fusion OpenELEC build? I have tried to compile OpenELEC myself but no joy and the IRC channel doesnt seem to respond when I ask in there.

No, currently I only build ION x64 and Ultra x64 because I need them for my machines.
What issues do you have building? Maybe I can help.

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - dodoadoodoo - 2012-06-06

(2012-06-06, 13:11)andyb2000 Wrote: (Can I be cheeky dodoadoodoo and ask you to take a quick look at another problem with EPG I have and see if you can think of a quick fix if you know your way around the PVR EPG stuff? http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=115531 )

I don't really know the xbmc code, but I may take a look at it. I have a busy few days lined up so it will be next week earliest. I did take a brief look, and one option might be to have CEpgContainer::GetById return something other than null when no EPG is found. Haven't tried it myself, just guessing at this stage.

/D

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - PhoenixMage - 2012-06-07

(2012-06-06, 21:46)InoD Wrote:
(2012-06-06, 15:54)PhoenixMage Wrote: InoD, Do you have a Fusion OpenELEC build? I have tried to compile OpenELEC myself but no joy and the IRC channel doesnt seem to respond when I ask in there.

No, currently I only build ION x64 and Ultra x64 because I need them for my machines.
What issues do you have building? Maybe I can help.

I am trying to compile the latest beta. It is vanilla, after I succeed at this I will look to putting the latest cmyth install on it.

I am running 'PROJECT=Fusion ARCH=x86_64 PVR=yes make release'. I am compiling on the latest LFS (7.1) and have installed all the prereqs that were listed.

When I try I get the following error:

libs/x86emu/libx86emu.a: could not read symbols: Archive has no index; run ranlib to add one
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [v86d] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/OpenELEC-OpenELEC.tv-d1b622a/build.OpenELEC_PVR-Fusion.x86_64-1.95.4/v86d-0.1.10'

If I then go into that directory and run make manually (just to see if I can get anymore details I get:

make -w -C libs/x86emu
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/OpenELEC-OpenELEC.tv-d1b622a/build.OpenELEC_PVR-Fusion.x86_64-1.95.4/v86d-0.1.10/libs/x86emu'
make[1]: `libx86emu.a' is up to date.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/OpenELEC-OpenELEC.tv-d1b622a/build.OpenELEC_PVR-Fusion.x86_64-1.95.4/v86d-0.1.10/libs/x86emu'
cc -Llibs/x86emu v86_x86emu.o v86_mem.o v86_common.o v86.o -lx86emu -o v86d
v86_x86emu.o: file not recognized: File format not recognized
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [v86d] Error 1

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - InoD - 2012-06-07

Does the v86d-0.1.10/libs/x86emu/ directory actually contain .o files for each .c file?
Try removing the .o and .a files and run make again.
OpenELEC builds and uses gcc to build all target binaries, so manually running make could give different results compared to OpenELEC's build system.

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - PhoenixMage - 2012-06-08

(2012-06-07, 20:51)InoD Wrote: Does the v86d-0.1.10/libs/x86emu/ directory actually contain .o files for each .c file?
Try removing the .o and .a files and run make again.
OpenELEC builds and uses gcc to build all target binaries, so manually running make could give different results compared to OpenELEC's build system.

Yeah it contains the .o files for the .c files except for debug.c and validate.c.

Its a toolchain problem or something because if I untar a fresh copy of v86d and do a ./configure --with-x86emu && make then it compiles fine. Unfortunately this is outside my realm of knowledge to fix.

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - kburkart - 2012-06-08

How stable is everybody's myth pvr setup? I built mine on top of mythbuntu 12.04, using myth .25 and a ceton infinitv pci capture card. It doesn't take long for it to lock up the system. Does anyone else experience this?

I did a git clone from tsp's main and then pulled Eden-pvr.

Kevin

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - stevellion - 2012-06-08

(2012-06-08, 16:13)kburkart Wrote: How stable is everybody's myth pvr setup? I built mine on top of mythbuntu 12.04, using myth .25 and a ceton infinitv pci capture card. It doesn't take long for it to lock up the system. Does anyone else experience this?

Kevin

I'm running Kubuntu 11.10, stripped down and then loading as standalone XBMC, with a Mythtv 0.24 backend.
Working with compiled Eden-pvr branch

Seems to work well, but does require a reboot at least every other day, while kids & wife use it, or every month if only I use it.

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - cspack - 2012-06-09

Mine stops playing Live TV whenever the current show ends. Not sure why. For example, if a show is scheduled to end at 8:00pm, then as soon as the clock hits 8:00pm it stops playing and goes back to the program guide. I have an HDHomeRun Prime, mythtv 0.25 on the backend.

Also on recorded programs commercial skipping doesn't seem to work. Works fine with Mythbox or mythfrontend but the pvr addon it just seems to ignore the commercial marks.

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - speed32219 - 2012-06-09

(2012-06-08, 16:13)kburkart Wrote: How stable is everybody's myth pvr setup? I built mine on top of mythbuntu 12.04, using myth .25 and a ceton infinitv pci capture card. It doesn't take long for it to lock up the system. Does anyone else experience this?

Kevin

Running the same setup as you. Works great except for the audio. Every now and then the audio goes away and XBMC does not recognize any sound-cards. I have to do a alsa force-reload from terminal to get it back. Well at least 85 percent of the time or I need to do a fresh reboot. I only have 1.5GB of ram on the backend, channel changing is a little slow, other than the audio failures now and then it works pretty darn good. great. Just ordered 4 GB (2 X 2GB( strips so I know that will help. I will check the load, might need to go to 8 GB. I had been using the Mythtv frontend only using the launcher addon and a shell script that would kill XBMC and launch Myth frontend and visa versa from the remote, That works great without any problems except for very slow epg and channel changing, of course that is probably the RAM issue also. But I really like the integration within XBMC, this is a great addon and mythtv is the only Linux backend that works wtih the PCIe Ceton tuner.

Great job so far with the add-on!

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - eudemo - 2012-06-09

I have cloned the git repository, compiled and installed and doesn't work: I can see EPG information and channel list but when I try Live TV, XBMC crashes

MythTV Version : v0.25
MythTV Branch : fixes/0.25
Network Protocol : 72
Library API : 0.25.20120408-1
QT Version : 4.8.1
Options compiled in:
linux profile use_hidesyms using_alsa using_oss using_pulse using_pulseoutput using_backend using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_bindings_php using_crystalhd using_dvb using_firewire using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_ceton using_hdpvr using_iptv using_ivtv using_joystick_menu using_libcrypto using_libdns_sd using_libxml2 using_lirc using_mheg using_opengl_video using_qtwebkit using_qtscript using_qtdbus using_v4l2 using_x11 using_xrandr using_xv using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_bindings_php using_mythtranscode using_opengl using_vaapi using_vdpau using_ffmpeg_threads using_live using_mheg using_libass using_libxml2

This is in Ubuntu 12.04. Any ideas?

Thanks!

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - tdavis - 2012-06-09

(2012-06-09, 00:25)cspack Wrote: Mine stops playing Live TV whenever the current show ends. Not sure why. For example, if a show is scheduled to end at 8:00pm, then as soon as the clock hits 8:00pm it stops playing and goes back to the program guide. I have an HDHomeRun Prime, mythtv 0.25 on the backend.

Also on recorded programs commercial skipping doesn't seem to work. Works fine with Mythbox or mythfrontend but the pvr addon it just seems to ignore the commercial marks.

The first is a deadlock bug in mythbackend and is not a client issue; at least it doesn't crash like mythfrontend does.

I have both occurring, and looking for a solution for the first. I can't replace the old setup until the deadlock bug is fixed..

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - sos_xbmc - 2012-06-10

(2012-06-08, 16:13)kburkart Wrote: How stable is everybody's myth pvr setup?

I run Arch Linux, myth 0.25, eden-pvr branch. Hardware is Hauppauge HVR-2210, 8GB RAM, i5-750, Geforce 460GT.

Runs very nicely and is entirely functional. Channel changing takes around 10 seconds. Audio syncs well. Very occasional hard lock requiring ctrl-alt-f1. not sure if that's the pvr component or xmbc (too occasional to know what could be causing it). My mythfrontend stopped seg-faulting, so I'm back to using it for most LiveTV and pvr stuff, since it's simpler and less laggy - but it's great to see how far xbmc-pvr has come since I tried it 6 months ago!

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - InoD - 2012-06-10

(2012-06-08, 01:08)PhoenixMage Wrote: Yeah it contains the .o files for the .c files except for debug.c and validate.c.

Its a toolchain problem or something because if I untar a fresh copy of v86d and do a ./configure --with-x86emu && make then it compiles fine. Unfortunately this is outside my realm of knowledge to fix.

Correct, no .o files for debug.c and validate.c.
Did you find others with the same issue when trying to build the Fusion target?
If you use your system's ar command to list the objects in the .a file, is it also empty?

My previous system, Ubuntu 10.04 LTS + custom v0.23 backend, was very stable... could easily stay up for a year. My new install, Ubuntu 12.04 with initially stock v0.25, was very instable, but this was due to broken IPTV support. Now using custom v0.25 + iptv/rtp fixes backend on the same system and it seems alright. So far mythbackend didn't require a restart/reboot.

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - PhoenixMage - 2012-06-10

(2012-06-10, 13:09)InoD Wrote:
(2012-06-08, 01:08)PhoenixMage Wrote: Yeah it contains the .o files for the .c files except for debug.c and validate.c.

Correct, no .o files for debug.c and validate.c.
Did you find others with the same issue when trying to build the Fusion target?
If you use your system's ar command to list the objects in the .a file, is it also empty?

My previous system, Ubuntu 10.04 LTS + custom v0.23 backend, was very stable... could easily stay up for a year. My new install, Ubuntu 12.04 with initially stock v0.25, was very instable, but this was due to broken IPTV support. Now using custom v0.25 + iptv/rtp fixes backend on the same system and it seems alright. So far mythbackend didn't require a restart/reboot.

Its not just the Fusion target, its any target. Maybe I'll just run up an Ubuntu VM to compile it as its got me stumped what the issue is unless some of my packages are too recent and somewhere along the way an API has changed.

I havent used ar to list the .a objects. I might try and see what the output of that is.

Cheers.

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - rdoac - 2012-06-10

Kevin

Mine's pretty stable. I have 2 x hdhomeruns for ota and clear qam, and 2 x atsc internal tuners with an analogue side, and an hdpvr which is currently not really in use (connected to a sony media player for netflix). My biggest issue was audio and slingbox playback, neither of which were pvr related, going back to eden-pvr fixed those. Second issue was atsc channel numbers are not supported. I got multiple channel 17's. Each source comes with it's own listing in xbmc/pvr, and like was written above no commercial skip. We would probably use mythbox to playback a recording. LiveTV stops at the end of a show, mythfrontend would freeze but continue. I have a script which stops mythbackend and night and re modprobe's all the devices (left over from VDR but is necessary for the HVR1600 to not forget how it works). Starting mythbackend after xbmc will result in a crash when a channel is selected.

Rob