Kodi Community Forum
New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: PVR (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=136)
+---- Thread: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth (/showthread.php?tid=110694)

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - Jimmer - 2012-09-21

(2012-09-21, 03:38)Jack477 Wrote: How can I install this on Ubuntu. I have some linux experience, can use the command line etc, just never used git. ImageImageImageImageImage

Look in the first post of this thread. It contains links to all posts/info you need to compile and install this branch.....

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - raptorjr - 2012-09-21

Does anyone of you that have made forks of tsp's work support the master branch of MythTV, or is everything 0.25?

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - janbar - 2012-09-21

It support 0.25 according with last update of libcmyth. Never try it with trunk of mythtv.

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - janbar - 2012-09-21

(2012-09-20, 23:25)cfetzer Wrote:
(2012-09-16, 21:57)janbar Wrote: I new in the forum but i track it sometime. I was eager to hear from the dev progress tsp. Unfortunately nothing for several weeks. Brief yesterday I adapted the addon for the latest version of xbmc (forked from margro). I publish the repo on https://github.com/janbar . Today alone LiveTV works. But the next day I add features about recordings and timers. This addon includes libcmyth updated by tsp as internal and does not use the library included in xbmc. Addon works on XBMC mainline. So i compile it on ubuntu 12.04. I didn't try it on windows because i haven't at home. The addon is called "pvr.cmyth" and after "make zip" the zip file is "pvr.cmyth-{ARCH}.zip" and uploadable by xbmc as any addon.

I'm also working on my 'fork' of tsp's addon for quite some time here: https://github.com/fetzerch/xbmc-pvr-addons/commits/master. Not as a takeover, but I like to continue to use the addon and I will also continue to improve it.
I spent some time to get the initial commits right. Libcmyth is rebased to xbmc/master in 2 cleanup-commits, so it should be easily possible to merge the bugfixes upstream a a later point.
The plugin also contains some new stuff. My 'marking recorings watched on the backend feature' is finally working and there's now also support for the resume bookmark.
You can watch a recording in xbmc, stop it and continue to watch with mythfrontend. (see also https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/1452 which adds a resume indicators)
Feel free to try it and also contributions are very welcome Smile
Great, sure i will try it. I think we have the same good reasons to have forked tsp's repo. Now i continue to configure the build on windows. I made some changes to support XP (i build on xp of my office notebook) and hopefully always sdk 7. Then i ll try to improve it and contribute to this project.

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - allen00se - 2012-09-21

(2012-09-21, 02:56)Aubrien Wrote: OK, so I got to ask so I can figure out if I have a local issue or if others are seeing this...Does anybody else have their live tv stop between shows? I basically have to click play after each time block. It seems to work some times but not others. So sometimes it keeps playing and goes to the next show but other times it just drops me to the channel list. I see the below in my xbmc log when i grep for error. Notice 6 seconds after the cutover it fails...

Code:
ERROR: Open - error probing input format, pvr://channels/tv/All TV channels/22.pvr
21:00:06 T:2867850048   ERROR: Open - error probing input format, pvr://channels/tv/All TV channels/22.pvr
21:00:06 T:2867850048   ERROR: Open - error probing input format, pvr://channels/tv/All TV channels/22.pvr
21:00:06 T:2867850048   ERROR: OpenDemuxStream - Error creating demuxer

Also, what is the radio channels section all about? How do I add a radio channel in mythtv to have it show in my frontend? It would be nice to have my sirius or xm show up there if that is what it is for, but I really have no clue tbh.

I have the same issue, and I am pretty sure others do as well. As far as I know there is no fix.

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - janbar - 2012-09-22

(2012-09-18, 00:41)PhoenixMage Wrote:
(2012-09-17, 19:45)janbar Wrote: PhoenixMage , your are right, the current procedure to make it on windows is actually manual and i missed to configure a vce project for the addon. I will try to configure it as required. Br

That would be great, just let me know and I will compile and test.

PhoenixMage, i think it could be ready to compile it on windows. Also i merge the repo with Opdenkamp yesterday. I had some issues to compile it on winxp but hopefully it would be more easy with win7. Also before generate, think to run scripts "xbmc-pvr-addons/project/BuildDependencies/DownloadBuildDeps.bat" and then "xbmc-pvr-addons/addons/pvr.cmyth/Win32/boost_win32_dependency.bat" . Prefer generate Release instead Debug . Hoping success. br

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - PhoenixMage - 2012-09-22

(2012-09-22, 12:02)janbar Wrote:
(2012-09-17, 19:45)janbar Wrote: PhoenixMage , your are right, the current procedure to make it on windows is actually manual and i missed to configure a vce project for the addon. I will try to configure it as required. Br

PhoenixMage, i think it could be ready to compile it on windows. Also i merge the repo with Opdenkamp yesterday. I had some issues to compile it on winxp but hopefully it would be more easy with win7. Also before generate, think to run scripts "xbmc-pvr-addons/project/BuildDependencies/DownloadBuildDeps.bat" and then "xbmc-pvr-addons/addons/pvr.cmyth/Win32/boost_win32_dependency.bat" . Prefer generate Release instead Debug . Hoping success. br

Hi janbar, I am OS for work atm. I will give it a go Wednesday or Thursday.

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - fetzerch - 2012-09-22

(2012-09-22, 12:02)janbar Wrote:

Forgot to say: mine builds and runs fine on win7 and linux. Just in case you need help with the project configs...

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - janbar - 2012-09-22

Hi cfetzer,
If I had known I would not have hesitated. I spent a few hours fighting with the linker and the "already defined ...". Thank you anyway. I'll think about it next time (soon).

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - dteirney - 2012-09-23

Now that PVR support has been added to XBMC master, it would be great to have a push to get all of the pieces of work that people have done on the MythTV addon into one location so everyone can benefit from the great work that people have been doing.

I was moved into a new job at work 2 months ago and it's been crazy busy so haven't had much spare coding time. I can commit to spending some time over the next 2 weeks to aim to get the remaining differences in libcmyth between XBMC and upstream underway and then look to add in the additions that tsp42 has made.

Where is the master location for the MythTV PVR addon these days?

Who is currently doing development related to the MythTV addon? tsp42, janbar, anyone else?

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - fetzerch - 2012-09-23

(2012-09-23, 21:45)dteirney Wrote: Now that PVR support has been added to XBMC master, it would be great to have a push to get all of the pieces of work that people have done on the MythTV addon into one location so everyone can benefit from the great work that people have been doing.

I was moved into a new job at work 2 months ago and it's been crazy busy so haven't had much spare coding time. I can commit to spending some time over the next 2 weeks to aim to get the remaining differences in libcmyth between XBMC and upstream underway and then look to add in the additions that tsp42 has made.

Who is currently doing development related to the MythTV addon? tsp42, janbar, anyone else?

Agreed, I think that's really a great idea! Have a look at my fork: https://github.com/fetzerch/xbmc-pvr-addons/commits/master. It contains tsp's changes to libcmyth + some updates for bookmark support I coded the last days. libcmyth is rebased already to what's currently in xbmc/master. All commits containing [cmyth] in the message are only cmyth related. [mythtv-cmyth] contains the addon changes. I could easily do a PR to opdenkamp's repo and we have a clean starting point for all people working on the addon. That would even save tsp a lot of work once he comes back.

Cheers,
Christian

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - janbar - 2012-09-24

(2012-09-23, 21:45)dteirney Wrote: Now that PVR support has been added to XBMC master, it would be great to have a push to get all of the pieces of work that people have done on the MythTV addon into one location so everyone can benefit from the great work that people have been doing.

dteirney, cfetzer,

Agreed too. Currently I am testing a merge of cmyth lib from tsp and cmyth lib from master branch of xbmc, which i done yesterday. I haven't yet commit, but many things seem good. I'll commit and push my work tomorrow. Should also merge changes from cfetzer. I am a newbie for git, so what would be the best practice to progress ?
I foresee also to develop the translations of "genre" for more languages. Actually they are coded in the client source (cf epg colors. I am french and all is grey in timeline because my mythtv is translated and probably some users have same issue).

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - fetzerch - 2012-09-24

(2012-09-24, 01:36)janbar Wrote:

dteirney, cfetzer,

Agreed too. Currently I am testing a merge of cmyth lib from tsp and cmyth lib from master branch of xbmc, which i done yesterday. I haven't yet commit, but many things seem good. I'll commit and push my work tomorrow. Should also merge changes from cfetzer. I am a newbie for git, so what would be the best practice to progress ?
I foresee also to develop the translations of "genre" for more languages. Actually they are coded in the client source (cf epg colors. I am french and all is grey in timeline because my mythtv is translated and probably some users have same issue).

janbar,
if you do not have any new features yet, it would be the easiest if we continue development on my fork. Cmyth is already rebased there, you have a few new features, and you don't need to fight with the project files any more. It should already work fine in windows and linux.
The necessary git steps would be:
  • Create the remote: git remote add fetzerch git://github.com/fetzerch/xbmc-pvr-addons.git
  • Get my code: git fetch fetzerch
  • Create a branch where you want to continue development (i.e. for the epg language) based on my master: git checkout -b epg origin/fetzerch
  • Commit you changes
  • Push them to your remote: git push origin epg
  • Go to the github webpage and file a pull request against my repository so that I can easily integrate your changes
And as long as tsp is still away I can then push new features and bugfixes to opdenkamp's official addon repo.

Oh and by the way: There are two more pvr related PRs for xbmc/master: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/1455 (that adds back image support for recordings) and https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/1456 (fixes recordings titles in the osd)
Cheers,
Christian

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - PhoenixMage - 2012-09-24

(2012-09-24, 08:49)cfetzer Wrote:
(2012-09-24, 01:36)janbar Wrote:

dteirney, cfetzer,

janbar,
if you do not have any new features yet, it would be the easiest if we continue development on my fork. Cmyth is already rebased there, you have a few new features, and you don't need to fight with the project files any more. It should already work fine in windows and linux.
  • Create the remote: git remote add fetzerch git://github.com/fetzerch/xbmc-pvr-addons.git
  • Create a branch where you want to continue development (i.e. for the epg language) based on my master: git checkout -b epg origin/fetzerch
  • Commit you changes
  • Go to the github webpage and file a pull request against my repository so that I can easily integrate your changes
And as long as tsp is still away I can then push new features and bugfixes to opdenkamp's official addon repo.

Oh and by the way: There are two more pvr related PRs for xbmc/master: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/1455 (that adds back image support for recordings) and https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/1456 (fixes recordings titles in the osd)
Cheers,
Christian

This is great guys. Is the issue with LiveTV ending at the end of a show or the slow time to first get a picture or change channel?

Appreciate all the great work.

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - janbar - 2012-09-24

(2012-09-24, 09:26)PhoenixMage Wrote:
(2012-09-24, 08:49)cfetzer Wrote:
(2012-09-24, 01:36)janbar Wrote: dteirney, cfetzer,

janbar,
  • Commit you changes

Cheers,
Christian

This is great guys. Is the issue with LiveTV ending at the end of a show or the slow time to first get a picture or change channel?

Appreciate all the great work.

Agreed, like this it will be easier for us. I am trying gitting as you explain. Thanks.