Kodi Community Forum
New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: PVR (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=136)
+---- Thread: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth (/showthread.php?tid=110694)

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - GregoryK - 2012-10-19

Hello:

Running the addon under OS X Mountain Lion, I can get EPG and play LiveTV on some SD channels, but trying to play an HD channel causes XBMC to crash with this exception:

Code:
Assertion failed: ((*m_recorder_t)), function SpawnLiveTV, file src/cppmyth/MythRecorder.cpp, line 179.

Same error whether I am trying to watch OTA or via a HDHomerun Prime. Let me know if any more information would be helpful to the devs.

/GregoryK

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - rsennewald - 2012-10-19

So i'm curious if anyone else has encountered this bug. I set a channel to be hidden on Myth backend, but on the XBMC front end it is not hidden from the EPG or listings. I have to manually go through and hide any channels that I don't want to see in XBMC separately. Shouldn't this be pulled from MythTV when loading the EPG? I've tried wiping the EPG database and resynching it, but it still doesn't care what channels are hiddein in mythtv. I want to hide every channel besides 701-799 (which I've done successfully in myth backend).

I'm also noticing that after watching a show for a couple of minutes (sometimes up to 20 minutes), I'll eventually see Buffering 0% and it will never recover (sometimes it will go up to 2%, but never recover). Eventually the show will stop and I'll go back to the listings. I've tried upgrading my myth back end (i'm currently on the latest 0.25 fixes), I've tried upgrading to the latest cfetzer build and I'm seeing this on both my ubuntu machine and windows machine. I've looked at xbmc.log but there's a lot of stuff in there, so it's hard for me to tell what's pertinent to what I'm experiencing. Has anyone else seen anything like this before? I don't see anything on my MythTV server's logs in regards to any problems, so I'm guessing this is a problem with the plugin.

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - janbar - 2012-10-19

(2012-10-19, 05:01)GregoryK Wrote: Hello:

Running the addon under OS X Mountain Lion, I can get EPG and play LiveTV on some SD channels, but trying to play an HD channel causes XBMC to crash with this exception:

Code:
Assertion failed: ((*m_recorder_t)), function SpawnLiveTV, file src/cppmyth/MythRecorder.cpp, line 179.

Same error whether I am trying to watch OTA or via a HDHomerun Prime. Let me know if any more information would be helpful to the devs.

/GregoryK

Hi, i have playback with sd and hd channel, there is no diff for the addon. Here in the trace backend mythtv didn't return an valid recorder for your channel. Probably a miss configuration in mythtv. Also try to update to the last release of mythtv 0.25. Br

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - janbar - 2012-10-19

(2012-10-19, 09:33)rsennewald Wrote: I'm also noticing that after watching a show for a couple of minutes (sometimes up to 20 minutes), I'll eventually see Buffering 0% and it will never recover (sometimes it will go up to 2%, but never recover). Eventually the show will stop and I'll go back to the listings. I've tried upgrading my myth back end (i'm currently on the latest 0.25 fixes), I've tried upgrading to the latest cfetzer build and I'm seeing this on both my ubuntu machine and windows machine. I've looked at xbmc.log but there's a lot of stuff in there, so it's hard for me to tell what's pertinent to what I'm experiencing. Has anyone else seen anything like this before? I don't see anything on my MythTV server's logs in regards to any problems, so I'm guessing this is a problem with the plugin.
Hi,
Sometimes i have the same thing but only with mythtv 0.25. With 0.26 never seen yet. In the log of mythbackend you see a socket disconnected. Since few weeks ago i think about to code a workaround in the addon. Today i don't known yet if it is a mythtv issue or over. But sure in the addon we never close the socket. The workaround is simple but i need few time to check impact.
Br

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - cstrebel - 2012-10-19

Is the addon working with mythtv 0.26 now? I build the addon yesterday from git as described in the new wiki tutorial, but the addon will not connect to my mythtv 0.26 backend. XBMC is running on Ubuntu 12.04.

/Strebel

EDIT:
I should off course have compiled the addon from: git://github.com/janbar/xbmc-pvr-addons.git

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - Ayla - 2012-10-19

(2012-10-19, 09:53)janbar Wrote:
(2012-10-19, 09:33)rsennewald Wrote: I'm also noticing that after watching a show for a couple of minutes (sometimes up to 20 minutes), I'll eventually see Buffering 0% and it will never recover (sometimes it will go up to 2%, but never recover). Eventually the show will stop and I'll go back to the listings. I've tried upgrading my myth back end (i'm currently on the latest 0.25 fixes), I've tried upgrading to the latest cfetzer build and I'm seeing this on both my ubuntu machine and windows machine. I've looked at xbmc.log but there's a lot of stuff in there, so it's hard for me to tell what's pertinent to what I'm experiencing. Has anyone else seen anything like this before? I don't see anything on my MythTV server's logs in regards to any problems, so I'm guessing this is a problem with the plugin.
Hi,
Sometimes i have the same thing but only with mythtv 0.25. With 0.26 never seen yet. In the log of mythbackend you see a socket disconnected. Since few weeks ago i think about to code a workaround in the addon. Today i don't known yet if it is a mythtv issue or over. But sure in the addon we never close the socket. The workaround is simple but i need few time to check impact.
Br

janbar, I see something similar; I'm using the latest mythtv .24 (because 0.25 doesn't work properly with my hdhomerun, all channels lag/show glitches). There are no errors in the mythbackend log.

Here is my xbmc.log with debug for the mythpvr addon enabled, I copied it right after Live TV playback slowed down.

http://ge.tt/81h2WoP/v/0?c

Can you see anything in the log that indicates what the error might be?

Thanks

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - Ayla - 2012-10-19

(2012-10-18, 01:22)janbar Wrote: Someone to test pre addon for 0.26 ?

I merged my master with beta addon for 0.26: git://github.com/janbar/xbmc-pvr-addons.git

Let me know if it seems good. Thanks at all

janbar: I installed the latest MythBuntu and latest 0.26-fixes, and I compiled your addon from git://github.com/janbar/xbmc-pvr-addons.git

It seems to work fine, I can connect to the backend and watch Live TV Smile

I'm only starting to test it, but so far everything looks fine.

I hope you'll merge it with the main cfetzer branch soon.

Thanks,
Martin

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - kburkart - 2012-10-19

How is the windows version for LiveTV? I have an old system with an ATI card, figure windows video support might be better for HD TV since ATI support on linux isn't that great.

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - pyrodex - 2012-10-19

I have a AMD trinity APU on Windows 7 64bit using the Addon and so far no issues with Live TV. I did have to turn on auto deinterlacing but that was expected.

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - Ed76 - 2012-10-19

@pyrodex
how long is the channel switching time with windows xbmc 12? how many secondes? you use myth tv for windows, right? thanks in advance

(2012-10-19, 09:53)janbar Wrote:
Hi,
Br

I realized after doing an iostat 5 that my disk writes were severely queued when this buffering occurred (on my myth backend). I believe its due to my server being overloaded (it does more than just run MythTV). I'll chock this up as an issue on my end and hoping to clear up my server to see if I can get this to go away. I don't think its a problem with the addon or anything client side.

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - pyrodex - 2012-10-19

(2012-10-19, 18:35)Ed76 Wrote: @pyrodex
how long is the channel switching time with windows xbmc 12? how many secondes? you use myth tv for windows, right? thanks in advance

No... I am using Mythtv backend on Ubuntu with HDHomeRun Primes and my switching is about 2-4 seconds.

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - kburkart - 2012-10-19

Can someone post an up to date .exe for windows Vista please.

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - pgjensen - 2012-10-19

Quote:I'm also noticing that after watching a show for a couple of minutes (sometimes up to 20 minutes), I'll eventually see Buffering 0% and it will never recover (sometimes it will go up to 2%, but never recover). Eventually the show will stop and I'll go back to the listings. I've tried upgrading my myth back end (i'm currently on the latest 0.25 fixes), I've tried upgrading to the latest cfetzer build and I'm seeing this on both my ubuntu machine and windows machine. I've looked at xbmc.log but there's a lot of stuff in there, so it's hard for me to tell what's pertinent to what I'm experiencing. Has anyone else seen anything like this before? I don't see anything on my MythTV server's logs in regards to any problems, so I'm guessing this is a problem with the plugin.

I fixed this on my backend by not allowing the skip commercial process to run except between 12am and 7am Smile This was causing a huge load on my server (and i have 8 cores, 16 ht cores) and have large raid6 that gets great performance. It was causing the buffering issue.