Kodi Community Forum
tv show next aired script - new features for skinners - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: Skin helper addons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=300)
+---- Thread: tv show next aired script - new features for skinners (/showthread.php?tid=111986)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

- cruzannavy - 2011-12-21

Thanks ill give it a go and ill go back to the drawing board and think of a new layout, but either way thank you, ill see which is more feasible

- `Black - 2011-12-21

If you want to have the week view and a second day view for each day, it can't be done with changes to the script. However, if you want just a view for each day and buttons for each weekday without the weekly overview, you can do it like ronie suggested.

- cruzannavy - 2011-12-21

Thanks guys, not a big issue ill just work with what i got.

- Hitcher - 2011-12-31

@ ronie

In the process of adding a notification style system for shows airing today (see video) I thought it might be a feature that could be added script side and triggered using an <onload> condition.

Thoughts?

- ronie - 2012-01-02

Hitcher Wrote:@ ronie

In the process of adding a notification style system for shows airing today (see video) I thought it might be a feature that could be added script side and triggered using an <onload> condition.

Thoughts?

frankly, i have no intention of adding any new features to the script....
at least, not in the foreseeable future.

hopefully someone else will step forward and continue on improving the next aired script.

until that day, i will keep on maintaining it and fix the occasional bugs.

- nessus - 2012-01-03

Hi ronie

I manage to intergrade the tv guide in the script like you told me and i have a couple of questions/requests for the script :

1. Is it possible maybe by adding some new id's in the script, skinners to be able to show a second screen with daily schedule ?. I mean... now we have scripts id's 200,201,.. for the weekly schedule screen. Is possible to have some other scripts id's like 300,301,.. for the daily schedule screen ?.

2. Is it possible by adding a option in addon settings to show info for all the shows in the library and not only those that airing in current week ?

3. Is it possible the day format to be something like "3-Jan-2012" which is more easy to read in first look and i think is more international date format. Also the time format i think a 24h format is more easy or at least a format that is not showing that ugly capital "AM" / "PM".

4. Is it possible when the tv guide/script is started to focus to the current day of the week ?

5. Is it possible to separate from the "Status" info label the "Cancelled/Ended" from all the others (Returning, New, etc) Series ?.

I put the questions/requests in order of importance but whatever is possible of the above is fine.

Thanks for all your hard work for one great script anyway.

Cheers
Nessus

- ppic - 2012-01-03

i'll take the rest Wink

- ronie - 2012-01-03

ppic Wrote:i'll take the rest Wink

welcome back ;-)

- ronie - 2012-01-03

nessus Wrote:1. Is it possible maybe by adding some new id's in the script, skinners to be able to show a second screen with daily schedule ?. I mean... now we have scripts id's 200,201,.. for the weekly schedule screen. Is possible to have some other scripts id's like 300,301,.. for the daily schedule screen ?.
check if you can do it this way: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=965233#post965233
nessus Wrote:2. Is it possible by adding a option in addon settings to show info for all the shows in the library and not only those that airing in current week ?
you can find an answer to that here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=940745#post940745
nessus Wrote:3. Is it possible the day format to be something like "3-Jan-2012" which is more easy to read in first look and i think is more international date format. Also the time format i think a 24h format is more easy or at least a format that is not showing that ugly capital "AM" / "PM".
script should already do that. all dates/times are localized.
nessus Wrote:4. Is it possible when the tv guide/script is started to focus to the current day of the week ?
script already does that. :-)
nessus Wrote:5. Is it possible to separate from the "Status" info label the "Cancelled/Ended" from all the others (Returning, New, etc) Series ?.
sure, you can do a stringcompare on the status label and use it as a visible condition.

- Hitcher - 2012-01-04

nessus Wrote:1. Is it possible maybe by adding some new id's in the script, skinners to be able to show a second screen with daily schedule ?. I mean... now we have scripts id's 200,201,.. for the weekly schedule screen. Is possible to have some other scripts id's like 300,301,.. for the daily schedule screen ?

Couldn't you use visible conditions on each list so they're all visible when in 'Weekly' mode and then when you switch to 'Daily' mode make only the current one is visible but with a different layout?

- nessus - 2012-01-04

Hitcher Wrote:Couldn't you use visible conditions on each list so they're all visible when in 'Weekly' mode and then when you switch to 'Daily' mode make only the current one is visible but with a different layout?

Do you mean two layouts for each day list ?. How can i do that ?. And how i switch both layouts. Also in daily view i have some additional info for each show. Are these gonna show ?

- nessus - 2012-01-04

ronie Wrote:you can find an answer to that here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=940745#post940745

I do not agree with that. I think is very useful to know when my favorites shows is starting again. Is there any other way to have this future ?

ronie Wrote:script should already do that. all dates/times are localized.

My XBMC setup is European and my international settings are in "Central Europe" but still i get the AM/PM after the "ShortTime" label even if in XBMC are not showing.

ronie Wrote:script already does that. :-)
I've check the guide in T! & Xperience 1080 and the focus is in the first tv show of the first day that is active of shows that airing this week and there is just color blend for the current day of the week.

ronie Wrote:sure, you can do a stringcompare on the status label and use it as a visible condition.
Sorry again... but is one label how can i do that ?.

- ronie - 2012-01-04

nessus Wrote:I do not agree with that. I think is very useful to know when my favorites shows is starting again. Is there any other way to have this future ?
that info can be shown when you browse your library,
but not in the tv guide.

it's a tv guide, meaning, it'll show you what's on this week.
not what's airing 6 months from now...

but as i said:
Quote:i'm not interested in looking into it.
that shouldn't stop anyone else from doing it though :-)

nessus Wrote:My XBMC setup is European and my international settings are in "Central Europe" but still i get the AM/PM after the "ShortTime" label even if in XBMC are not showing.
i can't reproduce it...
the only thing i can think of is, you had it set to something else when next aired was downloading the info for all your shows.

nessus Wrote:I've check the guide in T! & Xperience 1080 and the focus is in the first tv show of the first day that is active of shows that airing this week and there is just color blend for the current day of the week.
that will only happen if todays list is empty, since you can't focus an empty list.

nessus Wrote:Sorry again... but is one label how can i do that ?.
depends on what exactly you want to do.
most skins simply use <visible>!IsEmpty(Window(Home).Property(NextAired.NextDate))</visible> to filter cancel/ended shows.
but if you want more fine-tuning, <visible>SringCompare(Window(Home).Property(NextAired.Status),foo)</visible> should also work.

- `Black - 2012-01-04

Script checks for AM/PM in System.Time so if it doesn't show in XBMC, it doesn't in the next aired labels. If it doesn't show in the skin, it's using a custom time format without am/pm, e.g. System.Time(hh:mm). If you don't have any shows airing on the current weekday, script will set focus to the first day which has shows.

- nessus - 2012-01-04

Thanks for your answers guys.
Sorry but i didn't now about the focus thing as i remember the previous version of the script it was focused on the current day of the week even if there weren't any tv shows.

You were right about the time format (must be something with my script db) but the date format is different from the System.Date infolabel.
In my setup the System.Date infolabel returns "4 Jan 2012" and the script NextDate infolabel returns "12-01-04". Is that right or i am doing something wrong again ?

It's a pity about the all shows info in guide future but its ok.
If i can make one last try Big Grin, and if is not so much coding trouble, an option in skin settings it will be great.