Kodi Community Forum
tv show next aired script - new features for skinners - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: Skin helper addons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=300)
+---- Thread: tv show next aired script - new features for skinners (/showthread.php?tid=111986)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

- ronie - 2011-10-15

Big_Noid Wrote:On a side note, I'm planning on making an option in the script to include canceled/ended shows now that I got the basics working. I think it should be optional, cause it takes a bit longer to run the script when they are not filtered out. Problem is that no matter what, not filtering the canceled shows will break the old way the script works. Would you still consider adding such an option in the script?

most certainly so :-)

will shoot you a pm so we can discus things in detail.

- ronie - 2011-10-15

Jeroen Wrote:Ok, hope this will do: http://pastebin.com/ecGABLnT

it might just be me (still finishing my first cup of coffee), but i don't see
any mention of Caprica and Veronica Mars in your Debug Log?

or...wait...since they are both Canceled/Ended, they shouldn't show up at all.

are you using:
Code:
!IsEmpty(Window(Home).Property(NextAired.Label))
for the info in your library, as instructed in the readme?

you need to do that, otherwise info of the previously selected item could 'stick'.

- Jeroen - 2011-10-15

ronie Wrote:it might just be me (still finishing my first cup of coffee), but i don't see
any mention of Caprica and Veronica Mars in your Debug Log?

or...wait...since they are both Canceled/Ended, they shouldn't show up at all.

are you using:
Code:
!IsEmpty(Window(Home).Property(NextAired.Label))
for the info in your library, as instructed in the readme?

you need to do that, otherwise info of the previously selected item could 'stick'.

Ah, no I didn't. So, when a show is ended it will not fetch the show's status?
Because for instance in dialogvideoinfo I wanted to have a line saying

$INFO[Window(Home).Property(NextAired.NextDate)]
when a show is still running

and

$INFO[Window(Home).Property(NextAired.Status)]
when a show is ended

- ronie - 2011-10-15

Jeroen Wrote:Ah, no I didn't. So, when a show is ended it will not fetch the show's status?

Big_Noid Wrote:On a side note, I'm planning on making an option in the script to include canceled/ended shows now that I got the basics working. I think it should be optional, cause it takes a bit longer to run the script when they are not filtered out. Problem is that no matter what, not filtering the canceled shows will break the old way the script works. Would you still consider adding such an option in the script?

hope that answers your question :-)

- Jeroen - 2011-10-15

ronie Wrote:hope that answers your question :-)

Ah yes it does Smile Sorry, missed that one

- odt_x - 2011-10-15

Very nice progress on this addon, big thanks to everybody involved! One little request if I may. For someone who is living in Europe when stuff usually airs in the US and becomes available for me in xbmc its *always* the next day already.

So the TV Guide feature becomes kinda confusing to my wife when my the skin shows stuff airing today and she cant find new episodes in the evening Smile So what I would like to ask for is a "Delayed Airing" setting that would for example shift the airtime of all your shows by a custom amount of hours specified (ie, 24, 48 etc). Would that make sense for anyone?

Thanks again for the awesome work so far.

- `Black - 2011-10-15

What I'd like to add is shifting the time zone to the local time zone, so e.g. if the date is e.g. Oct/16/2011 9pm with GMT-6, it'll show as Oct/17/2011 4am if you live in the GMT+1 timezone. Would that be ok?

I could also add 24 hour support if it's enabled in XBMC so that there would be 17:30 instead of 5:30pm.

- karandras24 - 2011-10-16

`Black Wrote:What I'd like to add is shifting the time zone to the local time zone, so e.g. if the date is e.g. Oct/16/2011 9pm with GMT-6, it'll show as Oct/17/2011 4am if you live in the GMT+1 timezone. Would that be ok?

I could also add 24 hour support if it's enabled in XBMC so that there would be 17:30 instead of 5:30pm.

That would be perfect for me, would save a lot of confusion with the wife.

- odt_x - 2011-10-16

`Black Wrote:What I'd like to add is shifting the time zone to the local time zone, so e.g. if the date is e.g. Oct/16/2011 9pm with GMT-6, it'll show as Oct/17/2011 4am if you live in the GMT+1 timezone. Would that be ok?

Yeah, that would be pretty good too! At least it would put the shows on the right day, thats all I can really ask for Smile

- Tobby - 2011-10-16

odt_x Wrote:Very nice progress on this addon, big thanks to everybody involved! One little request if I may. For someone who is living in Europe when stuff usually airs in the US and becomes available for me in xbmc its *always* the next day already.

So the TV Guide feature becomes kinda confusing to my wife when my the skin shows stuff airing today and she cant find new episodes in the evening Smile So what I would like to ask for is a "Delayed Airing" setting that would for example shift the airtime of all your shows by a custom amount of hours specified (ie, 24, 48 etc). Would that make sense for anyone?

Thanks again for the awesome work so far.
It would, yes.

- Hitcher - 2011-10-16

That would be perfect.

- Hitcher - 2011-10-16

I'm in the process of adding this to XeeBo and have a small request.

Could we have an info label for the date for each day of the week please?

ie

Container(200).Date = 17 Aug 2011
Container(201).Date = 18 Aug 2011

etc

Thanks.

- `Black - 2011-10-17

Container(200).Date is not possible but I could add window properties:

Window(home).property(NextAired.1.Date) = 10/17/11
Window(home).property(NextAired.2.Date) = 10/18/11
[...]
Window(home).property(NextAired.7.Date) = 10/23/11

The format would be localized for your language, MM/DD/YY is english locale, in germany it would be DD.MM.YYYY for example.

- Hitcher - 2011-10-17

That would be great if you could 'Black.

Thanks.

- Hitcher - 2011-10-18

`Black Wrote:Container(200).Date is not possible but I could add window properties:

Window(home).property(NextAired.1.Date) = 10/17/11
Window(home).property(NextAired.2.Date) = 10/18/11
[...]
Window(home).property(NextAired.7.Date) = 10/23/11

The format would be localized for your language, MM/DD/YY is english locale, in germany it would be DD.MM.YYYY for example.

OK, I've got XeeBo's 'Next Aired' view, with the dates for each day of the week, ready to go if and when you need any testing.

Thanks.