[Web Interface Addon] AWXi - Ajax Based Web Interface - Printable Version
+- Kodi Community Forum (http://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Help and Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-ons Help and Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Web Interfaces (/forumdisplay.php?fid=156)
+---- Thread: [Web Interface Addon] AWXi - Ajax Based Web Interface (/showthread.php?tid=112956)
- Mizaki - 2011-12-28 03:52
Yeah, I normally do. Just forgot in this instance.
Thanks for the updates
Fanart use - Mizaki - 2011-12-28 20:19
Use fanart from the currently playing as the playlist background and/or use as background on video info screen.
Yey, ney or better ideas?
- newphreak - 2011-12-28 21:21
yey! I love what this is becoming. So i guess json-rpc has allot of nice features none of the interfaces take advantage of yet. Keep adding them.
I guess you could make this optional, as users probably want it both ways.
- cienislaw - 2011-12-30 20:56
looks like someone was busy;-) ok, another 'bug' from me:
here is CUE in UTF+ with polish chars.
something is for sure borked with encoding, can you check what?
UI and navigation suggestions - Livin - 2011-12-31 00:24
I love what you are making... I hope the XBMC team is watching, they could make this the default web UI.
I'm looking at this from a few perspective... this will make a great touchscreen UI and perfect for household guests to use via iPad, Android, WebOS, etc or my 21" touchscreen on my HTPC. Somewhat like a home jukebox.
With this in mind, I have a few UI and navigation suggestions I hope you will consider...
1) Please consider making the text/buttons larger (or have an option for it) - the UI would be great on 10" touchscreens but it needs to be more 'finger friendly'
2) In list view, can you make the Movie image/info not be an modal overlay, maybe have it show to the right of the list? This would eliminate the need to "close" the info window to access the list. Again, this make the navigation easier.
3) A view like the Recent TV Shows has, but for the regular TV Shows, Movies, and Music libraries.
4) Option to hide the Watched check mark... but still show the watched videos in the list. I find the check mark distracting and guests will not understand what they are.
5) Option to hide the list numbers. Again, confusing and distracting... especially when you have movies like '9' or '2012' - just looks funny
6) Feature: Save Playlists. Since the web UI is 100x easier to use, especially for kids/wifes, I'd love for them to be able to make playlists using your UI.
- cienislaw - 2011-12-31 02:05
+1 for save playlist from me as long as JSON API allows it.
- Mizaki - 2011-12-31 16:40
Just a quick note to say I doubt I'll get much done on this for the next 2 weeks. Feel free to keep the ideas coming though Again if anyone else wants to try adding something just fork it on git and hack away. Mockups of any graphical ideas would be good as well.
@cienislaw sure that is UTF-8? If I open it in Notepad++ and choose UTF-8 encoding I get some hex for some characters. What happens if you add the album via the albums library page, are they listed correctly? I'm far from an expert but afaik UTF-8 has every "letter" for what I guess are the ISO languages.
Playlists aren't really available with the current JSONRPC. I've used some ideas from other people and made a bodge basically. Playlists will be in the next version I've read. It might be possible but I can't picture how atm.
- rickrude - 2012-01-01 05:10
Mizaki Wrote:Feel free to keep the ideas coming though
ok, what about 'jukebox mode' where you can only queue songs and not stop or takeover the playlist Just like the old-school pub jukeboxes. I would like to see an ipad mounted somewhere where anyone can use to queue songs.
- Livin - 2012-01-01 06:19
rickrude Wrote:ok, what about 'jukebox mode' where you can only queue songs and not stop or takeover the playlist Just like the old-school pub jukeboxes. I would like to see an ipad mounted somewhere where anyone can use to queue songs.
Now that I ready it again... you want a Kiosk Mode that locks the UI to ONLY being able to add songs to the queue... gotcha.
- Mizaki - 2012-01-01 20:32
Added play function to playlists and removed numbering from list views.
Queue only option: The only thing I can think of atm is a subsite. <myxbmc:8080>/jukebox where you can only list and enqueue.
- charlie0440 - 2012-01-01 23:59
I just found this thread, this is amazing. I am buying a tablet solely for running this. Thank you for your hard work
Mizaki Wrote:Feel free to keep the ideas coming though
I would love to see an option to enable multiple clients so you can choose where to play videos etc. There is a cool video on youtube of someone who has made this in XBMC here and another complete home automation video he did here in case anyone is interested
Also is wol a viable option?
I'm not in front of my PVR XBMC to test, but can Live TV and the EPG be shown?
- cienislaw - 2012-01-02 00:13
@Mizaki: somehow i screw it and forgot to convert win1252 to UTF8+. i was doing bunch of new cds ripping and EAC is saving CUE in ANSI only, so each file has to be converted by hand and UTF8+ is only way to use other national letters or whole alphabets (russian cyrillic works very well too). thankfully XBMC know how to read CUE in UTF8+ (foobar too), opposite to many other CUE using software. as some devs says they stay with ANSI to avoid problems with other software - infinite loop. anyway - its nothing broken, everything in therms of encoding works perfectly. thanx for pointing my error, next time i have to double check before bothering anybody.
about numbering - sometimes can be useful so i opt for option in settings "shows numbering on playlists" or something.
- rickrude - 2012-01-02 06:27
Livin Wrote:Now that I ready it again... you want a Kiosk Mode that locks the UI to ONLY being able to add songs to the queue... gotcha.
- rickrude - 2012-01-02 06:29
Mizaki Wrote:Queue only option: The only thing I can think of atm is a subsite. <myxbmc:8080>/jukebox where you can only list and enqueue.
- cienislaw - 2012-01-03 07:55
new action comment labels for playlist actions will be nice, because now enqueue and play use 'song' labels.
i see also new labels for control buttons for audio stream and subtitles. please add two more for audio offset.