Kodi Community Forum
[Web Interface Addon] AWXi - Ajax Based Web Interface - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Web Interfaces (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=156)
+---- Thread: [Web Interface Addon] AWXi - Ajax Based Web Interface (/showthread.php?tid=112956)

- Mizaki - 2012-01-03

Sadly JSONRPC doesn't allow you to change the audio or subtitle offset.

Yeah could probably do with changing them the problem is, they have to be added as albums or songs as you can't add a "playlist" atm.

- cienislaw - 2012-01-03

really sad. i took a look at JSON functions and its really limited. maybe they will add more in the future or simple runCMD/fireACTION will do.

- sina94 - 2012-01-04

Is there a possibility of adding a link to the actual video file? This is one thing that I miss from MythTV. I could browse the web interface from a different computer and click the link to download the file and play it locally (rather than playing it on the host machine). Even if this was just something hacked together on my local install and not part of the main fork, it's something I'd really like, if possible.

- Mizaki - 2012-01-05

sina94 Wrote:Is there a possibility of adding a link to the actual video file? This is one thing that I miss from MythTV. I could browse the web interface from a different computer and click the link to download the file and play it locally (rather than playing it on the host machine). Even if this was just something hacked together on my local install and not part of the main fork, it's something I'd really like, if possible.

The problem with that is it will return the file location as XBMC knows it. If I look at the info for a film on mine it will say something like: /mnt/video/filmname.mkv. Which on any other computer is meaningless. You could turn it into a link quite easily I would guess. It's how your sources are setup.

Use fan art as background - Mizaki - 2012-01-06

New option as per the screens a few pages before.

Dilemma: Scale images width and height, just width and repeat or width and black?

Honestly I don't really like any of them but I'm leaning towards width and black.

- newphreak - 2012-01-06

Nice. To decide it would be nice with screenshots of the differences.
Another thing, can the .zip be updated soon? Smile I use git, but I'm sure there are allot of users out there that doesn't, and the zip is kind of outdated hehe.

- Mizaki - 2012-01-07

I've been hoping frolick would be back. I'll have to try and see if I can get control of that first post otherwise.

I need to add some more to the control screen. I'm not sure where to put things. On the picture below will the half size buttons be big enough for fingers? Also, if someone can mock-up a better layout, visual please do. Smile

Need to fit a subtitles on/off button on there to. It whether to add at the bottom or down the side?

- Livin - 2012-01-07

Mizaki Wrote:I've been hoping frolick would be back. I'll have to try and see if I can get control of that first post otherwise.

I need to add some more to the control screen. I'm not sure where to put things. On the picture below will the half size buttons be big enough for fingers? Also, if someone can mock-up a better layout, visual please do. Smile

Need to fit a subtitles on/off button on there to. It whether to add at the bottom or down the side?

Size looks fine to me... though I'm not sure what some of the buttons do. I suggest using some more traditional icons for the controls

Since this is XBMC specific sometime words work better thant icons too.
Like.. Arrow-up with bar? If that is a home button, I suggest using a house icon. If that means 'up one level' then just the word BACK works better IMO

The center blue bar... is that "enter"? Usually that is a solid circle, or the work ENTER

Volume up/down arrows should be up and down IMO.

I suggest keeping it simple and compact while being finger friendly, no fancy layouts Smile

Here's some icon and layout examples...

... btw, these are nice, and FREE and http://www.shutterstock.com/

- Mizaki - 2012-01-07

They are subtitles next/previous and audio next/previous, should have said. I've been trying to keep in the tango icon theme that was used originally. Some better ones are probably the best idea. Text is out really as it supports multiple langs. Now you mention it, should there be volume up, down and mute on there as well? Ideally there needs to be a separate UI for tablet but I don't have the time right now.

- Mizaki - 2012-01-08

sina94 Wrote:Is there a possibility of adding a link to the actual video file? This is one thing that I miss from MythTV. I could browse the web interface from a different computer and click the link to download the file and play it locally (rather than playing it on the host machine). Even if this was just something hacked together on my local install and not part of the main fork, it's something I'd really like, if possible.

Had a quick look. Looks doable. If it works out as expected it should be quite quick and easy.

- Scaramush - 2012-01-10

Hi!

Here is new russian translation.

- m0v1em4n - 2012-01-10

Mizaki Wrote:I've been hoping frolick would be back. I'll have to try and see if I can get control of that first post otherwise.

Hi Mizaki,

First I want to say your web interface is far superior to any thing else out there, and it fit my need perfectly .

Back to your question, is there any reason why you couldn't make the remote square bigger,
Being a none coder I have no idea how your program is created

- Mizaki - 2012-01-10

@Scaramush thank you kindly.

@m0v1em4n Thanks, I've just done a bit of polishing Smile

I'm currently thinking make the box bigger and have audio/sub functions in another sub-box. I'm trying to keep the size down 550px max for tablets. It's finding icons that are even tangentially related to the functions as well...

@sina94 http links for videos files is now in git. No support for stacks atm.

- m0v1em4n - 2012-01-12

Hi Guys,

I am using AWX on my Ipad 2 with the light skins

How do we download the updated file from the Github, Tried download via the zip option and then install the zip in XBMC, but not sure if that the correct way.
Did see some talk about fan art background but I don't see any option to set this.

I also have a seem to be having a problem with the video drop down menu,
When I select an item from the video drop down the list does not retract, I have to touch it again which then send it to the other menu with the square boxes.

I also have a request is it possible to get rid of the white boxes that surround the thumb nail in the light skins,

Thanks everyone for all your hard work

- Mizaki - 2012-01-12

The zip from git is probably the easiest for getting it for now.

Fan art as background went in on the 5th. It should be in the settings options.

Hmm... I don't have a touch device so I couldn't really test that function. Just looked. I see the problem. I was expecting touch users to just hit the root menu and use the large icons. I'll fix that up hopefully this weekend as it should be quick.

Boxes. I'm not saying no but any reason why?