Kodi Community Forum
Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC (/showthread.php?tid=113136)

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - Gotcha007 - 2012-04-15

(2012-04-15, 17:15)mrkipling Wrote:
(2012-04-15, 16:54)Gotcha007 Wrote: Hello, first BIG THANKS for the work !

I wanted to ask you if it's possible that you add a button to initiate the search.
I ask that because I'm using it on my ipad and therefore there is no possibility to bring the keyboard nor the ALT key.

Thanks in advance.

That makes sense. I've just pushed a change; "search" is now in the top-right menu, and clicking it invokes the search menu. There is a settings icon next to it which brings up the search settings dialog. ALT-s still works.

It's working very nice ! Thanks a lot again .

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - fryster - 2012-04-15

Wow, this is great! The addition of the search and multiple servers is awesome! Keep up the good work!

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - DejaVu - 2012-04-15

(2012-04-15, 16:33)mrkipling Wrote:
(2012-04-15, 16:31)oneadvent Wrote: Do we have an estimate on how long until the notifications branch is merged?

Which branch is this? I don't think that it's an open pull request.
This would be on my Repo. I closed the PR as the original Multi_XBMC worked differently.
It'll probably need the creator (N3MIS15) to revisit it again... Dude?

I can try, but dont hold your breath. Smile
(2012-04-15, 15:08)mrkipling Wrote: I've just pushed support for multiple XBMC servers to the master branch. Now you can define multiple XBMC servers in Maraschino and switch between them easily... Come at me with me questions and bug reports, please!
Can I ask for the Menu to not vanish the very second the mouse leaves it. It's a bit to vanish happy. Wink
Also, hovering the Search 'X' pulls the menu over the top of it.

Other than them bits - AWESOME ADDITIONS. Thanks for taking the time to get the Search module finished off. Superb feature!

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - mrkipling - 2012-04-15

(2012-04-15, 21:20)DejaVu Wrote: Can I ask for the Menu to not vanish the very second the mouse leaves it. It's a bit to vanish happy. Wink
Also, hovering the Search 'X' pulls the menu over the top of it.

Other than them bits - AWESOME ADDITIONS. Thanks for taking the time to get the Search module finished off. Superb feature!

Good suggestions... I've tweaked the menu so that it has a larger area around it that you can hover in, and removed the close button from the search module (as alt-s, esc, and clicking "search" in the top-right menu all close it).

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - karandras24 - 2012-04-15

Thanks for all the recent additions to maraschino.

It just keeps getting better and better.

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - eldo - 2012-04-16

(2012-04-15, 16:13)mrkipling Wrote:
(2012-04-15, 16:03)eldo Wrote: I am running SAB with a username and password configured. There does not appear to be anywhere to input these in Maraschino, so the SAB module just fails to connect. Am I missing something, or is there a workaround for this?

You don't need to enter your SABnzbd username and password, the API key should be enough. Bear in mind that if you are not downloading anything the SABnzbd module won't be displayed, so this could give the appearance of it failing to connect.

Yes, that's it, thanks. I guess this makes sense but it is a little non-obvious why the module does not appear at all.
What else could the module display as a placeholder if nothing is in the queue? Some text saying Queue empty, or a button to upload an nzb? Perhaps recent download history?

Thanks for the great work :-)

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - DPickles - 2012-04-16

Out of curiosity, how hard would it be to create a TV Guide widget using trakts API? I personally find this one of trakts most useful features. I'm not sure if the trakt API would allow this?

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - N3MIS15 - 2012-04-16

(2012-04-16, 06:00)DPickles Wrote: Out of curiosity, how hard would it be to create a TV Guide widget using trakts API? I personally find this one of trakts most useful features. I'm not sure if the trakt API would allow this?

Im doing some work with the trakt api right now actualy..
by tv guide, do u mean the calendar?

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - DPickles - 2012-04-16

(2012-04-16, 06:02)N3MIS15 Wrote:
(2012-04-16, 06:00)DPickles Wrote: Out of curiosity, how hard would it be to create a TV Guide widget using trakts API? I personally find this one of trakts most useful features. I'm not sure if the trakt API would allow this?

Im doing some work with the trakt api right now actualy..
by tv guide, do u mean the calendar?

That's exactly what I meant. Sorry, I wasn't sure what it was called.

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - N3MIS15 - 2012-04-16

Calendar is available in the api.. i do some digging and see if i can come up with anything useful

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - Gotcha007 - 2012-04-16

Would be nice also to have a button to call the subtitle option when you watch a movie/tv show. What do you think?

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - hernandito - 2012-04-18

Hi Guys!

Well some of you guys may remember me from the old Media Front Page days. I have been relying on MFP for a long time, it has been indispensable to me. Once the final release of Eden was out, I thought I needed to jump on the band wagon. I have 2 XBMC machines on my network, running XBMC Live - and now XBMCbuntu. All my media is stored on an unRAID server. So naturally, MFP does not work well Eden. So I came to find out about Maraschino.

I have to congratulate and thank Angel MrKipling, Angel Gugahoi, Angel DejaVu, Angel Nemesis (sorry for the nickname typo - minor dyslexia) and all others for their outstanding work.

In no time I was up and running Maraschino, and I am not a Linux guy. I know enough to do what I need to do (after a lot of Googling) and have to re-learn again when months pass without me needing to do anything. I am a designer by profession, and can muddle very slightly in basic html, Understanding CSS is a struggle to me.

As a designer, I always want to tweak things so they work better for me. MFP was one of those projects. With Maraschino, everything is pretty great. I do have some suggestions. Unfortunately, some of these are not so easy for me to implement.

A) Create the option of having a 4 column version. I was able to edit the columns.less file to create the following. I just don't know how to implement being able to add modules to this column. This is in anticipation of the RSS Feed Module.

B) Minor Suggestion. Adding little icons to each of the module headers. I mocked up this in Photoshop. I have no clue how to implement this with my skill set.

C) On the Sickbeard Module. When looking at the upcoming episodes screen (as shown on my attached image), for each show banner, have the blue episode name and the 3 icon ONLY appear when hovering the cursor over the Show banner. Otherwise interface looks cluttered.

D) With the ability of having multiple XBMC servers, is there a way to quickly and easily identify which server you are on while looking at the screen? I would suggest a small text label at the top of the screen. This same label could be used to toggle to the other servers.

E) After a Couch Potato module (which lists your Wanted Movies); create a new module with a button that transfers $1 million dollars to my bank account. Something similar to what they did in the movie Office Space, except make it 100% legal. Big Grin

Question:
On the Disk Space module, I want to add disks that are in my unRAID server. Maraschino is installed on my XBMCbuntu machines. I have tried the following and none work:

[email protected]:/mnt/disk1
smb://192.168.0.201:/mnt/disk1
192.168.0.201:/mnt/disk1

Any ideas?

Guys, thanks again, and please let me know if there is anything I can help with.

With Maraschino, life is a bowl of cherries.

Hernando

Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - N3MIS15 - 2012-04-18

Mount the shares on the xbmcbuntu machine then give diskspace module the path. For example I have my movies on unraid and mounted to /media/movies on xbmcbuntu. Just google mounting smb shares if your not sure how.

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - robweber - 2012-04-18

(2012-04-16, 11:46)Gotcha007 Wrote: Would be nice also to have a button to call the subtitle option when you watch a movie/tv show. What do you think?

Just my opinion but I think this is something best left to your remote. If you're watching the show just map a button to toggle subtitles on/off. The keyboard shortcut 'T' will do this for you on a keyboard.

(2012-04-18, 16:43)hernandito Wrote: B) Minor Suggestion. Adding little icons to each of the module headers. I mocked up this in Photoshop. I have no clue how to implement this with my skill set.

I thought this idea would be pretty neat as long as it doesn't take away from the slick look Maraschino already has. I did notice looking through the folders that there is an images/applications folder with a lot of icons for sickbeard, xbmc, trakt, etc in it. Was this something that was in the works already?

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - hernandito - 2012-04-18

(2012-04-18, 22:01)N3MIS15 Wrote: Mount the shares on the xbmcbuntu machine then give diskspace module the path. For example I have my movies on unraid and mounted to /media/movies on xbmcbuntu. Just google mounting smb shares if your not sure how.

Thank you...it worked perfectly. It gives me the entire storage available in unRAID server.

Are you running Maraschino on your XBMC client machine, or in the unRAID server itself? I tried running it in unRAID but could not manage to get it to recognize my XBMC clients

Thanks again!

H.

(2012-04-18, 22:21)robweber Wrote:
(2012-04-18, 16:43)hernandito Wrote: B) Minor Suggestion. Adding little icons to each of the module headers. I mocked up this in Photoshop. I have no clue how to implement this with my skill set.

I thought this idea would be pretty neat as long as it doesn't take away from the slick look Maraschino already has. I did notice looking through the folders that there is an images/applications folder with a lot of icons for sickbeard, xbmc, trakt, etc in it. Was this something that was in the works already?

I am kind of on the fence on this one. Before anyone goes crazy implementing this, can people please chime in with their thoughts... with "Like Icons" or "No Icons"