Kodi Community Forum
Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC (/showthread.php?tid=113136)

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - geekuskhan - 2012-05-02

I have been happily using Mara for a couple of weeks now. I upgraded earlier today and everything was working fine then all the sudden the page went to a 1 column layout and I cant figure out why?

Any help?

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - DPickles - 2012-05-02

(2012-05-02, 03:49)geekuskhan Wrote: I have been happily using Mara for a couple of weeks now. I upgraded earlier today and everything was working fine then all the sudden the page went to a 1 column layout and I cant figure out why?

Any help?

I had the same issue today when I updated. I just restarted my server and all was good. I assumed it was due to one of the latest additions allowing you choose the mount of columns you would like.

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - guy_smiley:) - 2012-05-02

Nevermind, it seems I've broken Maraschino and can't even serve it via CherryPy.

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - mrkipling - 2012-05-02

(2012-05-02, 03:49)geekuskhan Wrote: I have been happily using Mara for a couple of weeks now. I upgraded earlier today and everything was working fine then all the sudden the page went to a 1 column layout and I cant figure out why?

Any help?

Try clearing your cache (to test if this is the cause, open Maraschino in a Chrome Incognito window). The CSS has been changed for the multi-column layout, and what you're experiencing sounds like it could possibly be due to the old CSS being cached.

If this doesn't fix it, could you post a screenshot please?

EDIT: and if you haven't, then restart your server (this needs to be done every time you update).

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - N3MIS15 - 2012-05-02

For those of you that like living on the edge. Maraschino will now work with Frodo pre-alpha (nightlies).

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - schumi2004 - 2012-05-02

(2012-04-29, 02:08)DPickles Wrote:
(2012-04-28, 15:35)Burke Wrote: Hi guys,

I need help, something you can laugh abut but I can solve it on my own.

I installed Openelec to give it a try and at last Maraschino Smile.

This is my first encounter with linux so pls help, I have everything up and running but can't figure out how to add disks to "Disk Space" module. Confused

Thanks

You're not the only one with this issue. It's been discussed on the OpenElec forum. Currently there isn't a fix for it though.

Sorry.

Not entirely true, there is a dirty hack to make it work

http://openelec.tv/forum/91-maraschino/29746-unable-to-add-disks-to-widget#30953

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - gugahoi - 2012-05-02

(2012-05-02, 13:39)schumi2004 Wrote:
(2012-04-29, 02:08)DPickles Wrote:
(2012-04-28, 15:35)Burke Wrote: Hi guys,

I need help, something you can laugh abut but I can solve it on my own.

I installed Openelec to give it a try and at last Maraschino Smile.

This is my first encounter with linux so pls help, I have everything up and running but can't figure out how to add disks to "Disk Space" module. Confused

Thanks

You're not the only one with this issue. It's been discussed on the OpenElec forum. Currently there isn't a fix for it though.

Sorry.

Not entirely true, there is a dirty hack to make it work

http://openelec.tv/forum/91-maraschino/29746-unable-to-add-disks-to-widget#30953

I was going to say you might be luckier asking in the OpenElec forums. To clear up any confusion neither MrKipling, N3M1SI5 or I really take OE into account when coding and are not responsible for the port. I am not 100% sure but I believe we have never been contacted by their own devs to make a more compatible version btw (please correct me if i am wrong guys).

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - N3MIS15 - 2012-05-03

I dont use openelec normaly, but i ran it on an old revo just to get this working...

I assume this is the same as the so called 'dirty hack'.

1. disable maraschino addon in xbmc.
2. either goto the openelec smb share called Configfiles, or ssh in and create file autostart.sh (if it exists, just modify it)
3. add code to launch maraschino on boot. Here is the content of mine.
Code:
#!/bin/sh
(sleep 10; \
python /storage/.xbmc/addons/service.web.maraschino/maraschino-cherrypy.py
)&

This will start maraschino 10 seconds after booting.

4. reboot
5. enjoy

I dont have an account for openelec forums, so if this works for u please post it there.

EDIT: WOW.. this addon is out of date.
If you want to update you can just overwrite the files in /storage/.xbmc/addons/service.web.maraschino/ (you need to ssh in) with the files from https://github.com/mrkipling/maraschino/zipball/master
Dont delete anything tho (you need to keep the addon files), and backing up is always a good idea...

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - DPickles - 2012-05-03

(2012-05-03, 09:00)N3MIS15 Wrote: EDIT: WOW.. this addon is out of date.
If you want to update you can just overwrite the files in /storage/.xbmc/addons/service.web.maraschino/ (you need to ssh in) with the files from https://github.com/mrkipling/maraschino/zipball/master
Dont delete anything tho (you need to keep the addon files), and backing up is always a good idea...

Haha, this is what I currently do. Works fairly well. Not the best solution though.

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - kevthemilkman - 2012-05-03

(2012-05-02, 01:21)DejaVu Wrote:
(2012-04-30, 12:45)kevthemilkman Wrote: Thanks, I managed to get it working by using a repo from Dejavu on Github and it worked first time.
All well and good, but be warned, my Repo is outdated at the moment as I haven't had the time to update it.
You will be missing the latest features of Maraschino. I strongly recommend getting mrkipling's master working instead.

The issues your having with the master would be handy to hear as it will help resolve problems other users have to use in the future.

I will definitely be trying the mrkiplings master when i get time on the weekend. I will then be able to narrow my problems down to see if it was me ( highly likelyBig Grin) or something else in the system.

The version I am using now is real good and suiting my needs though, well done

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - hernandito - 2012-05-04

(2012-05-03, 09:00)N3MIS15 Wrote: I dont use openelec normaly, but i ran it on an old revo just to get this working...

I assume this is the same as the so called 'dirty hack'.

1. disable maraschino addon in xbmc.
2. either goto the openelec smb share called Configfiles, or ssh in and create file autostart.sh (if it exists, just modify it)
3. add code to launch maraschino on boot. Here is the content of mine.
Code:
#!/bin/sh
(sleep 10; \
)
This will start maraschino 10 seconds after booting.

4. reboot
5. enjoy

I dont have an account for openelec forums, so if this works for u please post it there.

EDIT: WOW.. this addon is out of date.

I tried this but it hung up on boot and never got to the XBMC interface... I went in via ssh and erased the autostart.sh file. Rebooted and XBMC came up.

Now I went it and manually typed this in ssh:

Code:

It took a little time but it loaded. However, I never got the command prompt back. I went and tested on my browser and Maraschino is working nicely. If I close my ssh session (by literally closing the Putty window), maraschino stops working.

This must be because the script above did not set Maraschino running as a daemon, thus I assume this is why it hung up on me... I change the sleep to 30 seconds, and it still would not boot to the XBMC interface.

Any brilliant ideas? I have asked the question how to do this on their forum and have not heard anything from anyone.

Thanks,

Hernando

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - mrkipling - 2012-05-04

Just wanted to say how happy I am that so many of you are using Maraschino. It started as my small, personal project but quickly grew into something far better.

Without the considerable contributions - primarily from guaghoi and N3MIS15 - but also DejaVu and everyone else in AUTHORS - this would not be the project that it was to today.

So, massive thanks to all - your contributions have been invaluable.

And users of Maraschino - please keep the feedback coming! Even if we can't respond to individual suggestions right away, we do take the on board.

Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - N3MIS15 - 2012-05-04

Hernando, the auto start script should do the same as sshing in.

Maraschino currently does not have a daemon option. You could try 'nohup python /storage/......'

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - hernandito - 2012-05-04

Thanks N3MIS15.... Is it possible that when the autoscript executes, it is preventing the system from continuing loading the interface, and thus appear to hang up my system? When I say hang up, it means I do not get the GUI of XBMC, I simply get a black screen. However, I can ssh into it.

OpenELEC does not have the nohup enabled... thus I get an unknow command...

Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - N3MIS15 - 2012-05-04

I am by no means a Linux guru, but the only things I could see hanging xbmc is an error in autostart.sh or maybe not disabling the addon. I will try to recreate the problem when I get home from work.