Kodi Community Forum
Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC (/showthread.php?tid=113136)

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - steve1977 - 2012-06-14

And another follow-up - nobody around using Maraschino outside home network with Apache 2.4? Really need to get WSGI working? This is driving me crazy...

Thanks in advance!

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - SlackMaster - 2012-06-14

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding you steve1977. I can access my maraschino from outside my home network.

Essentially, here's my setup.

I have a windows home server (maraschino installed using CherryPy) I can access it from the windows home machine using localhost:7000 and from within my network using 192.168.0.XXX:7000. In the settings of Maraschino I set local IP's for my XBMC machine, Sab, Sickbeard, etc since it's all on the same network. Then, to access maraschino from outside the home network I just go into my router and setup a port forward on port 80 that way all http requests to my public ip point to my server on port 7000 accessing Maraschino.

Now, if you're asking about installing maraschino outside your home and then accessing local XBMC, Sab, Etc.... I would just setup port forwarding for all of those components or setup a VPN.

I hope this help, sorry if it doesn't.

#Edit: This kinda goes without saying, but if you're going to open it up to the public internet, be sure to edit your setup file to allow authorization so that it requires a username and password.

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - steve1977 - 2012-06-15

Thanks for your reply. Instead of cherrypy, I would like to host it on Apache. Have installed Uniformserver (Coral 8.5.1) and my issue is that WSGI module does not appear compatible with this set-up. Once setting it up in httpd.conf, I cannot start Apache any longer. Anyone running Maraschino on Apache and figured out how it works with the latest Uniformserver install. It did work for me with older installation (i.e., Orion instead of Coral).

Knowing the question will come - I still prefer Apache over cherrypy as it will allow me to host on myURL.com rather than myURL.com/somrething.

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - SlackMaster - 2012-06-15

I'm using CherryPy port forwarded like i said before, and it allows me to use myURL.com.

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - steve1977 - 2012-06-15

(2012-06-15, 02:11)SlackMaster Wrote: I'm using CherryPy port forwarded like i said before, and it allows me to use myURL.com.

Got it, this may indeed work. Let me understand one more thing though - I don't want to open up more ports besides port 80. To access SAB et al, would Maraschino handle this (given they are on the same computer) or would I need to install some form of reverse proxies. You are touching this topic in your post aove, but I don't fully understand it.

Also, I am using htaccess on Apache. Using "just" the Maraschino password setting via cherrypy, this does not sound particularly safe as no encryption and nothing is involved?

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - guy_smiley:) - 2012-06-15

As long as all you are trying to access externally is Maraschino, you can forward the external port 80 to whatever Maraschino is running on internally. If you want to access other programs externally, you can either open the corresponding ports or you can reverse proxy them.

If you are using htaccess on Apache and only HTTP protocol, then yes, it's not that safe, but it's better than nothing.

got it. one more thing though - if i go with the cherrypy solution, I would no longer use Apache and no longer have reverse.proxies? Or would this mean that I would use Maraschino as Cherrypy, while still running Apache for the sole purpose of having reverse proxies?

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - jerryw - 2012-06-15

Would someone mind helping with something? I am running Maraschino on my Windows Home Server 2011 (Windows 2008 R2). Everything is running fine but when I add the Sickbeard module and then click on History or if I refresh the page, it seems to throw some thread api error from Sickbeard and I have to regenerate the Sickbeard API key before the Sickbeard module will work again and show the tv shows. Any ideas, suggestions, etc. (Other than don't refresh or don't click on history)? I really like this webapp and would like to use it but it seems to have a couple of kinks to be worked out. Searching nzb.su doesn't work at all for me. Open to any help someone would be kind enough to lend.

Thank you

Any news on auto-update or headphones widget? Thanks a lot in advance!!!

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - mr.sparkle - 2012-06-15

Did anybody get Maraschino working with a reverse proxy? I tried a while ago with nginx but it didn't work. Sabnzbd and sickbeard work fine, though.

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - N3MIS15 - 2012-06-16

(2012-06-15, 20:23)steve1977 Wrote: Any news on auto-update or headphones widget? Thanks a lot in advance!!!

i have been working hard on the updater, then all of a sudden github depreciated their v2 api. so i have moved to v3 api and it seems to work great. I sent a pull request to mrkipling and he hopes to review it this weekend. *fingers crossed*

the headphones module was put on hold while i was working on the updater. So if all goes well with that i will start working on the headphones module again next week. All the functionality is there, just a lot of loose ends in the ui part.

Quote:it seems to throw some thread api error from Sickbeard and I have to regenerate the Sickbeard API key before the Sickbeard module will work again and show the tv shows

what error is it throwing? history works fine for me.

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - steve1977 - 2012-06-16

(2012-06-16, 02:32)N3MIS15 Wrote: i have been working hard on the updater, then all of a sudden github depreciated their v2 api. so i have moved to v3 api and it seems to work great. I sent a pull request to mrkipling and he hopes to review it this weekend. *fingers crossed*

the headphones module was put on hold while i was working on the updater. So if all goes well with that i will start working on the headphones module again next week. All the functionality is there, just a lot of loose ends in the ui part.

Thanks, this is fantastic news!!! Really great! Will the updater also work for those using Apache or only for CherryPy?

And on separate note, one feature request: would it be possible to have "update library" in the media library diretcly on the first layer rather after clicking movies. Issue is that it takes quite a bit to open "movies" as I have 2000+ movies and I don't want to go into this folder every time that I want to update my library. Same for "clean library". Thanks for considering.

And one last thing - possible to have an option not to show "music" and "files" as part of media library?

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - gugahoi - 2012-06-16

(2012-06-16, 07:50)steve1977 Wrote:
(2012-06-16, 02:32)N3MIS15 Wrote: i have been working hard on the updater, then all of a sudden github depreciated their v2 api. so i have moved to v3 api and it seems to work great. I sent a pull request to mrkipling and he hopes to review it this weekend. *fingers crossed*

Thanks, this is fantastic news!!! Really great! Will the updater also work for those using Apache or only for CherryPy?

And on separate note, one feature request: would it be possible to have "update library" in the media library diretcly on the first layer rather after clicking movies. Issue is that it takes quite a bit to open "movies" as I have 2000+ movies and I don't want to go into this folder every time that I want to update my library. Same for "clean library". Thanks for considering.

And one last thing - possible to have an option not to show "music" and "files" as part of media library?

These are all valid requests but I think this thread is not the appropriate place for them anymore. Response and discussion should be moved to http://forums.maraschinoproject.com/ or https://maraschino.lighthouseapp.com/ .

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - Burke - 2012-06-16

Hi guys.

First of all I have to thank all people who put their knowledge and time into development of Maraschino.

For me honestly it is one of best things I have seen since my discovery of XBMC it self. Nod

First time i used it was on opnelec - it is a bit buggy on that system...

MY current build is XBMCbuntu and I access MAraschino with Chrome from Win 7.

I have everything sorted out and it is all working 10+.

One thing though - I tried searching on forum, this thread and google.

I see that Couchpotato is talked abut in this thread, I have seen some screenshot images of module.

I have no Couchpotato module in my Maraschino, so my question is - has this been dropped from development,
or do I need to add it manually, or something else?

Thank you.

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - N3MIS15 - 2012-06-16

(2012-06-16, 11:51)Burke Wrote: Hi guys.

First of all I have to thank all people who put their knowledge and time into development of Maraschino.

For me honestly it is one of best things I have seen since my discovery of XBMC it self. Nod

First time i used it was on opnelec - it is a bit buggy on that system...

MY current build is XBMCbuntu and I access MAraschino with Chrome from Win 7.

I have everything sorted out and it is all working 10+.

One thing though - I tried searching on forum, this thread and google.

I see that Couchpotato is talked abut in this thread, I have seen some screenshot images of module.

I have no Couchpotato module in my Maraschino, so my question is - has this been dropped from development,
or do I need to add it manually, or something else?

Thank you.

(2012-05-26, 03:30)gugahoi Wrote:
(2012-05-25, 18:00)schumi2004 Wrote: Is someone already working on a CouchPotato Server V2 module?

I started when it started being coded but there was no documentation about it's API so I thought I'd wait a little longer. It should have a better documentation by now but I dont have the time to do it at the moment. You can check it out on my repository's branch called couchpotato and build on it if you wish otherwise anyone is welcome to give it a try and code as they please.