Kodi Community Forum
Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC (/showthread.php?tid=113136)

Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - N3MIS15 - 2012-06-19

Try running with --develop args, it will spit out much more useful information to the logs.

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - lastimp - 2012-06-19

(2012-06-19, 22:01)N3MIS15 Wrote: Try running with --develop args, it will spit out much more useful information to the logs.

Maraschino --develop log

This puts me back to square one, I shutdown maraschino from within the app, then I launched it using "python Maraschino.py --develop" once again the images magically appeared. Its hard to diagnose a problem when it happens normally but not under debug. Could this mean it has something to do with the init script? This is the series of events I went through 2 days ago, it worked under debug and port 7000 but when I launched using the init script and port 8050 no images so I changed to port 7000 and images reappeared, thought all was well but then rebooted and images disappeared again.

Something else extremely weird about running in --develop I just noticed is that the background of all the widgets is transperant see screenshot. I don't know if thats a bug or thats by design but I thought I would point it out.

Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - N3MIS15 - 2012-06-19

Hmm. The modules should not go transparent like that. I will try to recreate the xbmc image issue when I get home from work.

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - gugahoi - 2012-06-20

(2012-06-19, 22:33)lastimp Wrote:
(2012-06-19, 22:01)N3MIS15 Wrote: Try running with --develop args, it will spit out much more useful information to the logs.

Maraschino --develop log

This puts me back to square one, I shutdown maraschino from within the app, then I launched it using "python Maraschino.py --develop" once again the images magically appeared. Its hard to diagnose a problem when it happens normally but not under debug. Could this mean it has something to do with the init script? This is the series of events I went through 2 days ago, it worked under debug and port 7000 but when I launched using the init script and port 8050 no images so I changed to port 7000 and images reappeared, thought all was well but then rebooted and images disappeared again.

Something else extremely weird about running in --develop I just noticed is that the background of all the widgets is transperant see screenshot. I don't know if thats a bug or thats by design but I thought I would point it out.

It seems like it is some kind of permission problem or something like that. Since you seem to be using chrome, I would try and open a new "Incognito Window" and try from there as with that window chrome is supposed to ignore the cache so that gets ruled out. Furthermore, if the images stop working again you can right click on one of them and select "Copy image url" or something like that and paste it here.

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - lastimp - 2012-06-20

Quote:It seems like it is some kind of permission problem or something like that. Since you seem to be using chrome, I would try and open a new "Incognito Window" and try from there as with that window chrome is supposed to ignore the cache so that gets ruled out. Furthermore, if the images stop working again you can right click on one of them and select "Copy image url" or something like that and paste it here.

Still have same results with incognito.
The following is the link to Book of Eli in develop mode with images showing:
"http://192.168.1.20:7000/xhr/vfs_proxy/image%3A%2F%2Fsmb%253a%252f%252flastimp%253achevelle%2540192%252e168%252e1%252e250%252fStorage%252fMedia%252fMovies%252fThe%2520Book%2520of%2520Eli%2520%25282010%2529%252fThe%2520Book%2520of%2520Eli%252etbn"

and this is the link when I run maraschino using "/etc/init.d/maraschino start" but the images aren't showing:
"http://192.168.1.20:8050/xhr/vfs_proxy/image%3A%2F%2Fsmb%253a%252f%252flastimp%253achevelle%2540192%252e168%252e1%252e250%252fStorage%252fMedia%252fMovies%252fThe%2520Book%2520of%2520Eli%2520%25282010%2529%252fThe%2520Book%2520of%2520Eli%252etbn"

Only difference I can see is the port number and the way maraschino is executed.

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - N3MIS15 - 2012-06-20

lastimp, the url is the same and is correct. The cherrypy server doesn't seem to like the double encoded urls that xbmc is using for their images. that is why they work with --develop and not normal method (--develop uses a different web server). Im not sure how to get around this at the moment, i will have to look into it further when i get time.

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - lastimp - 2012-06-20

(2012-06-20, 11:15)N3MIS15 Wrote: lastimp, the url is the same and is correct. The cherrypy server doesn't seem to like the double encoded urls that xbmc is using for their images. that is why they work with --develop and not normal method (--develop uses a different web server). Im not sure how to get around this at the moment, i will have to look into it further when i get time.

No hurry, I appreciate you looking into it, at least I know somebody is aware of the problem. Also I have to ask the obvious questions, why isn't this happening to more people?

Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - N3MIS15 - 2012-06-20

My guess. Everyone is on Eden.

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - gugahoi - 2012-06-21

(2012-06-19, 16:12)dannycorker Wrote: Any reason for Disk Space to not work when running on a Windows machine? Seen some problems mentioned with OpenELEC but nothing about Windows. Have been running as an unRAID plugin but as I only ever view Maraschino on my Windows PC I decided to just run it on here for better support. Unfortunately now I can't add any disks to the Disk Space module Sad

Not that I know of. I added windows support to the disk module a long long time ago. You should check if windows reads the information for a raided disk the same as a typical disk. I believe someone else posted something similar a week or so ago but he realised the system itself does not display the proper information.

(2012-06-19, 16:48)schumi2004 Wrote: Are there any plans to make a module for NZBget ?

AFAIK no since all of the devs use sabNZBd however if demand for it is high I'm sure we'll take it into consideration. Furthermore anyone is more than welcome to make one.

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - N3MIS15 - 2012-06-24

(2012-06-20, 19:10)lastimp Wrote: No hurry, I appreciate you looking into it, at least I know somebody is aware of the problem. Also I have to ask the obvious questions, why isn't this happening to more people?

Frodo images should now be fixed along with a bug in some music images

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - oneadvent - 2012-06-24

(2012-06-24, 13:04)N3MIS15 Wrote:
(2012-06-20, 19:10)lastimp Wrote: No hurry, I appreciate you looking into it, at least I know somebody is aware of the problem. Also I have to ask the obvious questions, why isn't this happening to more people?

Latest update fixed for me. It was only borked on my RPi though, not my regular XBMC machine (the LIve Distro updated since Dharma)

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - lastimp - 2012-06-25

(2012-06-24, 13:04)N3MIS15 Wrote:

Confirmed fixed for me, thank you very much.

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - gugahoi - 2012-06-25

Hey fellas, what do you guys think? What do you want your CouchPotato module to be able to do?

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - jerryw - 2012-06-25

(2012-06-25, 16:22)gugahoi Wrote: Hey fellas, what do you guys think? What do you want your CouchPotato module to be able to do?

Very nice!

Would it be possible to add the ability to select a category for sabnzbd within the search module? This way one could send an item and have it go where needed.

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - DejaVu - 2012-06-26

(2012-06-25, 16:22)gugahoi Wrote: Hey fellas, what do you guys think? What do you want your CouchPotato module to be able to do?
Welcome back Gugahoi! Studies over?
Nice to see you back in the game.

As for your question,
Are you serious. More than it already looks like it does and by the looks very gracefully...? Not that I can think of at the moment, would like to test that bad boy out though first before I can critique it.

/Note to self - upgrade to CPv2 and get it loading automatically Big Grin