Kodi Community Forum
Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC (/showthread.php?tid=113136)

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - SlackMaster - 2012-06-30

(2012-06-29, 19:42)Shaolin Wrote: I'm certainly looking forward to your Couchpotato module and N3MISI5's Headphones module!

I absolutely love the updater!

I too am looking forward to these updated. Hopefully the donation I gave bought plenty of beer to keep you guys going strong :-)

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - N3MIS15 - 2012-06-30

Some newish features and some you may have missed: http://forums.maraschinoproject.com/showthread.php?tid=71

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - steve1977 - 2012-06-30

(2012-06-30, 09:07)N3MIS15 Wrote: Some newish features and some you may have missed: http://forums.maraschinoproject.com/showthread.php?tid=71

Thanks. One question - how does web root make reverse proxies easier?

I am still struggling to get the "new" Maraschino working on my-URL outside my home network. I currently use the old Apache version outside and the new cherrypy inside my home network. I don't want to open other ports than 80, so if this is what it takes, I cannot upgrade.

I have seen couple of advice in this forum, but did not succeed. Someone indicated that I could also host the cherrypy version on Apache, which of course would be the very best way. Does this really work?

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - SlackMaster - 2012-06-30

(2012-06-30, 09:20)steve1977 Wrote: I don't want to open other ports than 80

I'm just curious, why don't you want to open ports other than 80?

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - N3MIS15 - 2012-06-30

(2012-06-30, 09:20)steve1977 Wrote: Thanks. One question - how does web root make reverse proxies easier?

well there is no need to proxy the /xhr and any other addresses anymore. it should be just as simple as sickbeard or any other web apps that have the same feature.

I also could not get reverse proxies working before this, but now i have with nginx.

so an example of how to run would be:
Code:
python Maraschino.py --webroot /maraschino
It can also be set in the web UI under the server settings menu option.

Now maraschino will be available at ip:port/maraschino. you can then use your proxy to point it to port 80/maraschino.

SlackMaster Wrote:I'm just curious, why don't you want to open ports other than 80?

my work for example wont let the computers access ports other than 80/443. now i can check Maraschino at work Smile

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - krish_2k4 - 2012-06-30

I love the update feature!

but is it possible to get a notice/message when there is an update for SickBeard/CouchPotota/SabNZBD/ect.?

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - Shaolin - 2012-06-30

(2012-06-30, 13:39)krish_2k4 Wrote: I love the update feature!

but is it possible to get a notice/message when there is an update for SickBeard/CouchPotota/SabNZBD/ect.?

I second this, but would ask that (if possible) we could actually update CP, SB, SAB etc directly from within Maraschino. So checking for updates would check all the major apps and then overwrite any apps which are behind with the latest zip.

Possible?

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - gugahoi - 2012-06-30

(2012-06-30, 13:53)Shaolin Wrote:

I second this, but would ask that (if possible) we could actually update CP, SB, SAB etc directly from within Maraschino. So checking for updates would check all the major apps and then overwrite any apps which are behind with the latest zip.

Possible?

We are discussing this right now on IRC. Headphones and CP seem to be possible, SB might not. First we need to finish up the actual modules tho...

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - Shaolin - 2012-06-30

That would be bloody brilliant if we could update direct from Maraschino. Keep up the brainstorming on IRC!

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - steve1977 - 2012-06-30

(2012-06-30, 14:34)gugahoi Wrote:
(2012-06-30, 13:53)Shaolin Wrote:

Possible?

We are discussing this right now on IRC. Headphones and CP seem to be possible, SB might not. First we need to finish up the actual modules tho...

Wow, that indeed would be amazing. What's the issue with SB? The developer is active in this forum and I could imagine that he is willing to implement what it takes to make SB updatable through Maraschino.

Im not 100% sure but sickbeards updater doesn't seem to be exposed their the api

(2012-06-30, 14:34)gugahoi Wrote: We are discussing this right now on IRC. Headphones and CP seem to be possible, SB might not. First we need to finish up the actual modules tho...

Wow, that indeed would be amazing. What's the issue with SB? The developer is active in this forum and I could imagine that he is willing to implement what it takes to make SB updatable through Maraschino.

(2012-06-30, 12:24)N3MIS15 Wrote:
(2012-06-30, 09:20)steve1977 Wrote: Thanks. One question - how does web root make reverse proxies easier?

well there is no need to proxy the /xhr and any other addresses anymore. it should be just as simple as sickbeard or any other web apps that have the same feature.

I also could not get reverse proxies working before this, but now i have with nginx.

so an example of how to run would be:
Code:
python Maraschino.py --webroot /maraschino
It can also be set in the web UI under the server settings menu option.

Now maraschino will be available at ip:port/maraschino. you can then use your proxy to point it to port 80/maraschino.

SlackMaster Wrote:I'm just curious, why don't you want to open ports other than 80?

my work for example wont let the computers access ports other than 80/443. now i can check Maraschino at work Smile

Great, this is helpful. Having said this, this only gets you Maraschino running on my-URL/maraschino or also on my-URL?

im sure its possible but i only redirected it to /maraschino and tbh im no expert when it comes to this stuff so i wont be able to help much Sad

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - gugahoi - 2012-06-30

(2012-06-30, 15:25)steve1977 Wrote:
(2012-06-30, 14:34)gugahoi Wrote:
(2012-06-30, 13:53)Shaolin Wrote: I second this, but would ask that (if possible) we could actually update CP, SB, SAB etc directly from within Maraschino. So checking for updates would check all the major apps and then overwrite any apps which are behind with the latest zip.

Possible?

Im sure they would too! I have been in contact with Zoggy before and he answered to pretty much all of my request instantaneously so im not worried about that. What I meant is as of right now we cannot code that. However when we actually get to that stage we will speak to whoever we need to speak...