Kodi Community Forum
Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC (/showthread.php?tid=113136)

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - robweber - 2012-08-02

I've been trying to be quiet about this since I had hoped it would fix itself, but now I'm just getting impatient.

I can't get the CouchPotato module to work. I have a working version of CouchPotato V2 on the same server as Maraschino, but the module refuses to show up after its been configured. I've double checked CouchPotato and the API is enabled and I've set the correct API key and other items in the Maraschino settings for the module. The Maraschino logs also don't contain any information, it just doesn't do anything.

I've tried restarting Maraschino, and rebooting the server to no avail. Anyone have any other suggestions? I have Sickbeard working 100% and all of these services run on the same machine. I also have other 3rd party apps like MediaDog for my phone connecting to CouchPotato with no problem, so I don't think it is a problem on that end. Thanks for any help!

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - skabyss - 2012-08-04

Had an idea I wanted to share..

It would be really cool if we could see the modules have a 'collapse' button of sorts that shrinks and minimizes the modules to be just the headline portion.. So many great modules popping up and my maraschino page is starting to feel a little cluttered, but that's probably my own fault too :p

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - DejaVu - 2012-08-05

(2012-08-02, 15:28)robweber Wrote: I've been trying to be quiet about this since I had hoped it would fix itself, but now I'm just getting impatient.

I can't get the CouchPotato module to work. I have a working version of CouchPotato V2 on the same server as Maraschino, but the module refuses to show up after its been configured. I've double checked CouchPotato and the API is enabled and I've set the correct API key and other items in the Maraschino settings for the module. The Maraschino logs also don't contain any information, it just doesn't do anything.

I've tried restarting Maraschino, and rebooting the server to no avail. Anyone have any other suggestions? I have Sickbeard working 100% and all of these services run on the same machine. I also have other 3rd party apps like MediaDog for my phone connecting to CouchPotato with no problem, so I don't think it is a problem on that end. Thanks for any help!

Might be a stupid question, but you do have a movie in your wanted list yes?
This is where I got caught out. It doesnt show if the wanted list is empty.

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - robweber - 2012-08-05

(2012-08-05, 16:08)DejaVu Wrote:
(2012-08-02, 15:28)robweber Wrote: I've been trying to be quiet about this since I had hoped it would fix itself, but now I'm just getting impatient.

Might be a stupid question, but you do have a movie in your wanted list yes?
This is where I got caught out. It doesnt show if the wanted list is empty.

Yes, there are 10-12 movies in the "wanted" list. This has fluctuated since I tried to configure the module but there has always been at least 1.

Wanted to update this as I've been playing with various pieces to see if I can figure out what is wrong. I have managed to determine that when using Maraschino on port 7000 that everything (including CouchPotato) works just fine. Normally I use Maraschino as part of a reverse proxy so I can also get to Sickbeard, Couchpotato, etc from outside home. When connecting this way, over a different port, then everything except CouchPotato works. Not entirely sure why just yet.

When going directly to the url of http://ipaddress:7000/xhr/couchpotato I can see the unformatted version of the module. Doing the same url only using the reverse proxy port I get a redirect to http://localhost:7000/xhr/couchpotato and then an error since that doesn't exist. I'm going to play with my reverse proxy settings (apache) a little and see if I can figure out what is going on.

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - skabyss - 2012-08-10

Just wanted to mention that some of the artist info like the name and genre are displayed strangely as of (aug9) nightly build.

Lots of changes are going on though so may be a non-issue!

Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - gugahoi - 2012-08-11

(2012-08-10, 22:22)skabyss Wrote: Just wanted to mention that some of the artist info like the name and genre are displayed strangely as of (aug9) nightly build.

Lots of changes are going on though so may be a non-issue!

Xbmc's nightly builds?

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - skabyss - 2012-08-11

Yep xbmc

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - N3MIS15 - 2012-08-11

it wont only be artists... there have been some changes to the xbmc api.

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - josh4trunks - 2012-08-19

Awesome! my FreeNAS plugin is nearing completion. Used your api to shutdown maraschino and am grabing the values of username, password, port, and webroot from the maraschino database with sqlite.

Only thing that isn't functional is changing the port in the maraschino gui still doesn't seem to do anything. Can anyone confirm that the option in the gui does change the port number after a restart? (This is without using the port commandline flag)
Thanks!!!

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - N3MIS15 - 2012-08-19

(2012-08-19, 04:27)josh4trunks Wrote: Awesome! my FreeNAS plugin is nearing completion. Used your api to shutdown maraschino and am grabing the values of username, password, port, and webroot from the maraschino database with sqlite.

Only thing that isn't functional is changing the port in the maraschino gui still doesn't seem to do anything. Can anyone confirm that the option in the gui does change the port number after a restart? (This is without using the port commandline flag)
Thanks!!!

I just pushed a commit to master, can you please let me know if this fixes the port setting for you.

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - josh4trunks - 2012-08-19

(2012-08-19, 04:49)N3MIS15 Wrote:
(2012-08-19, 04:27)josh4trunks Wrote: Awesome! my FreeNAS plugin is nearing completion. Used your api to shutdown maraschino and am grabing the values of username, password, port, and webroot from the maraschino database with sqlite.

Thanks!!!

I just pushed a commit to master, can you please let me know if this fixes the port setting for you.

Wow very fast! My FreeNAS box is actually at a friends house doing a 745GB file transfer right now. I'll test it on 32 bit FreeBSD machine that I also have maraschino on and get back to you soon.

Awesome it worked!!! Wow, I guess I don't need any work arounds then. The FreeNAS community thanks you, I'll post here when someonse gets a video up of the final product.

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - gotoman00 - 2012-08-22

absolutely love the front end, works great with sb, cp, sab, xbmc for me... my only complaint is the load time to load the artists in xbmc's music library widget, it's rather large but on awxi interface it seems to load significantly faster... was wondering if there was a possibility of speeding up the query somehow?

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - robweber - 2012-08-23

(2012-08-22, 22:19)gotoman00 Wrote: absolutely love the front end, works great with sb, cp, sab, xbmc for me... my only complaint is the load time to load the artists in xbmc's music library widget, it's rather large but on awxi interface it seems to load significantly faster... was wondering if there was a possibility of speeding up the query somehow?

I've often wondered this as well so I looked into the library module to see if there was an obvious reason why this took so long - there was!

when loading the artist list there is another loop

Code:
for artist in library['artists']:
                artistid = artist['artistid']
                try:
                    xbmc.AudioLibrary.GetArtistDetails(artistid=artistid, properties=['description', 'thumbnail', 'genre'])
                    artist['details'] = "True"
                except:
                    None

this goes through and checks if artist details exist and then sets a flag that controls if the "Info" button shows up or not next to each artist. As you can imagine adding an extra JSON command for each artist in your library takes up quite a bit of extra time when loading the artist list. I removed this and it sped up the load time considerably. This does have the trade-off though of throwing an error if you try to look at artist details for an artist and they don't exist - as the toggle for the info button is now removed. I thought this was a decent trade off for the speed increase. Check out my fork of the maraschino project for the changes I've made.

https://github.com/robweber/maraschino/commit/6dbaf551608d452dc7ba770803c205e5f2c9038e

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - gotoman00 - 2012-08-23

thanks, this sped it up considerably... should be an option for artist info button being enabled in the future