Kodi Community Forum
Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC (/showthread.php?tid=113136)

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - steve1977 - 2012-08-25

I recall there were some developers talking about adding a check and update function for SB, CP and headphones as part of Maraschino? I didn't find the posts anymore, but curious whether anyone has been taken this on. Would really love t see this integrated!!!

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - gotoman00 - 2012-08-25

so after making changes from here:

https://github.com/robweber/maraschino/commit/6dbaf551608d452dc7ba770803c205e5f2c9038e

things were working great, until updating... now music is gone from the xbmc library widget entirely. Undecided halp?

Re: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - robweber - 2012-08-26

Unfortunately if you made my changes and attempted an update you're going to need some work to fix things. I guess i didnt mention it but if you modify maraschino locally and then attempt an update it will most likely fail. Your best bet would be to delete the modified files and use git commands to revert them from the main repo. Youd have to add those changes back again.

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - N3MIS15 - 2012-08-26

Added robs changes to master, everything should work fine now.

I recently adding a setting to hide music and files, you may need to go into the modules settings view and just click save and they will come back.

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - gotoman00 - 2012-08-26

thx!

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - N3MIS15 - 2012-08-30

As some of you may have noticed the weather module was broken.

The module was using googles 'secret' api which was shut down the other day without warning, so now the module has been updated to use weather.com's service..

The only difference is that where in the settings you had your location, it now needs you location ID. There is a link in the settings for the module to help you find it.

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - wjbeckett - 2012-08-31

Hi all,
Sorry if this has already been covered but I am trying to setup Maraschino on my XBMCbuntu machine and can't seem to get SB,CP,uTorrent, modules working.

What is the webroot directory? I'm not sure what I need to put in here.

I've got the weather and disk space working, but I wanted to have the rest working also.

Thanks.
William.

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - krish_2k4 - 2012-08-31

would it be possible to have the couchpotato widget to show "available to download" movies or even highlight them in the list. I have a long list of movies on the wanted list and it would be useful if i could just quickly flick through them and see if anything is available to download.

maybe even when a movie is ready to download it goes to the top of the list and is highlighted ?

just a suggestion Smile

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - mach170 - 2012-08-31

Is it normal for the SABnzbd and CouchPotato widgets to disappear if they are not either downloading or have movies in the Wanted list?

Whenever my Wanted list is empty, then the CouchPotato widget disappears. So if I want to add more movies, I need to open the CouchPotato page to do it. Same thing for SABnzbd widget.

Is there a way to force widgets to show even if they have nothing to show, so that you can at least use some of the management buttons without having to open the respective app?

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - N3MIS15 - 2012-09-01

(2012-08-31, 13:27)krish_2k4 Wrote: would it be possible to have the couchpotato widget to show "available to download" movies or even highlight them in the list. I have a long list of movies on the wanted list and it would be useful if i could just quickly flick through them and see if anything is available to download.

maybe even when a movie is ready to download it goes to the top of the list and is highlighted ?

just a suggestion Smile

I like this idea.. I'm not familiar with the api myself, but will have a play and if its at least possible.

(2012-08-31, 20:35)mach170 Wrote: Is it normal for the SABnzbd and CouchPotato widgets to disappear if they are not either downloading or have movies in the Wanted list?

Whenever my Wanted list is empty, then the CouchPotato widget disappears. So if I want to add more movies, I need to open the CouchPotato page to do it. Same thing for SABnzbd widget.

Is there a way to force widgets to show even if they have nothing to show, so that you can at least use some of the management buttons without having to open the respective app?

I agree with the couchpotato visibility and will look into it.
Sabnzbd is a bit different IMO. If there is nothing downloading there is no point in showing the module, all of the 'downloader' modules behave this way AFAIK. This would be different if/when there is history or adding nzbs.

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - krish_2k4 - 2012-09-01

(2012-09-01, 00:20)N3MIS15 Wrote:
(2012-08-31, 13:27)krish_2k4 Wrote: would it be possible to have the couchpotato widget to show "available to download" movies or even highlight them in the list. I have a long list of movies on the wanted list and it would be useful if i could just quickly flick through them and see if anything is available to download.

just a suggestion Smile

I like this idea.. I'm not familiar with the api myself, but will have a play and if its at least possible.

yea was not sure technically if it is possible but just something people could use if they have a long list and just want to see what is available to download.

cheers!

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - Methanoid - 2012-09-01

Might be a dumb question but is there a nice easy way to run Maraschino, Sickbeard, Couch etc - all the Python goodies in one process in Windows (ie not require separate Python windows for each), ideally hidden in tray. I run Sabnzbd as the Windows executable and Couch (but I think would be better using the Python code). Just would rather not have 4 or 5 command lines open on system start that I have to hide or minimize? Any clever solutions anyone using?

Re: RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - robweber - 2012-09-01

(2012-09-01, 16:10)Methanoid Wrote: Might be a dumb question but is there a nice easy way to run Maraschino, Sickbeard, Couch etc - all the Python goodies in one process in Windows (ie not require separate Python windows for each), ideally hidden in tray. I run Sabnzbd as the Windows executable and Couch (but I think would be better using the Python code). Just would rather not have 4 or 5 command lines open on system start that I have to hide or minimize? Any clever solutions anyone using?

This site explains how to run Maraschino as a windows service. Similar services can be created for other apps as well.

http://htpcbuild.com/htpc-software/maraschino/maraschino-service/

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - mach170 - 2012-09-03

(2012-09-01, 00:20)N3MIS15 Wrote: I agree with the couchpotato visibility and will look into it.
Sabnzbd is a bit different IMO. If there is nothing downloading there is no point in showing the module, all of the 'downloader' modules behave this way AFAIK. This would be different if/when there is history or adding nzbs.

The reason I mention SABnzbd is that sometimes I want to pause the app even if nothing is in the queue, that way if CP or SB add something it stays paused while I'm online until I want to start it again.

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - N3MIS15 - 2012-09-03

Maraschino is now compatable to be built as a windows executable.

It requires py2exe to be installed.
Here is an example build script: https://gist.github.com/3592904

just change the dirs up the top to your liking and it should be good to go..