Kodi Community Forum
Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC (/showthread.php?tid=113136)

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - N3MIS15 - 2012-09-14

If anyone is experiencing trouble updating, or has not recieved update announcements in the past couple days. A manual update may be required.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

As of now this 'should' be fixed.

On a lighter note. I added an option to override the XBMC server set in server settings for the recently added modules.
This may not make sense to some, but for those using a frodo shared-lib server with json support combined with mysql database it may be useful.

Here is how this may be helpful.
If your HTPC does not run 24/7 but your shared-lib server does, you can point the recently added modules connect to the shared-lib server so the recently added information is always available. The rest of Maraschino would still use your HTPC for library, currently playing and the rest of the XBMC funtionality.

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - skabyss - 2012-09-14

Great addition N3M1S15.. Was trying to figure out though.. where exactly do I configure these modules to behave that way? Everything looks to be the same after updating..

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - N3MIS15 - 2012-09-14

There should be an XBMC server setting in the recently added module settings.

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - skabyss - 2012-09-14

http://i.imgur.com/tVyei.png

Mine are definitely missing that :p

I did a force version check right before the picture too.. unless I need to update thru git?

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - Shaolin - 2012-09-14

(2012-09-14, 09:21)skabyss Wrote: http://i.imgur.com/tVyei.png

Mine are definitely missing that :p

I did a force version check right before the picture too.. unless I need to update thru git?
Yup update through Git. I was getting no updates as N3MIS15 described so i just manually updated via git
(2012-09-14, 06:06)N3MIS15 Wrote: If anyone is experiencing trouble updating, or has not recieved update announcements in the past couple days. A manual update may be required.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
And after update, voila!

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - skabyss - 2012-09-16

I noticed today that if you remove a disk from your system that is listed in the "disks module" the module can no longer be accessed or changed.

Wanted to toss that out there for the magic workers Wink

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - smdion - 2012-09-17

(2012-09-13, 02:11)hernandito Wrote:
(2012-09-12, 15:08)niietzshe Wrote: Ok thanks for the info.
I'm looking at upgrading to this:
http://www.solid-run.com/products/cubox

800 MHz dual issue ARM PJ4 processor, VFPv3, wmmx SIMD and 512KB L2 cache
1GByte DDR3 at 800MHz

It'll be running with no graphics, just sickbeard, Couchpotato, Headphones, Sabnzdb+, Transmission, MySql and Maraschino.
Do you think any of this will still be hitting 1GB Ram all in Deamon mode?

If anyone has a similar setup that can tell me the idle Ram/CPU usage, that'd be great.
Basically I want to keep a small box connected that does all this stuff so I don't need a master HTPC on all the time running to my other machines.
DroboFS for storage atm...

Thanks
Niietzshe

Niietzshe,

If you have a Drobo (don't have experience with it), it is likely you can install and run Sab, CB, SB, HP, and Maraschino on it... This is what I do.

I have a drobo-fs and would love to run these off of it. Did you install any drobo apps, or just do everything through SSH?

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - hernandito - 2012-09-17

I am sorry I was not clear in my post Smdion... I do NOT have a Drobo, and basically I know nothing about them. I have a home-made unRAID server. But if it is anything like a Synology, people install Sab, SB, and CP on them... I meant to say that I installed these on my file server and not on a small dedicated mini box like you are proposing.

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - robweber - 2012-09-17

(2012-09-17, 12:54)hernandito Wrote: I am sorry I was not clear in my post Smdion... I do NOT have a Drobo, and basically I know nothing about them. I have a home-made unRAID server. But if it is anything like a Synology, people install Sab, SB, and CP on them... I meant to say that I installed these on my file server and not on a small dedicated mini box like you are proposing.

"if they are anything like a synology"....... bad news here is that they aren't.

A little googling and I was able to find out that the Drobo FS has an ARM processor and 128MB of RAM (non-upgradable based on the review I saw). Furthermore the manufacturer supports the use of Drobo Apps from their website as fully supported additions to the regular firmware, however Python is not something that is available at this time.

The good news is it does seem to run customized version of Linux along with BusyBox. How difficult getting the required libraries into the system remains to be seen. In a few online searches I couldn't find anyone that had attempted to run Sab, SB, CP, or HP on it. The RAM and processor limitations would also worry me trying to stack everything on a unit like that. It kind of seems like Synology encourages the development of products for their platform while the Drobo is meant to be more of a black box that magically works.

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - dogzipp - 2012-09-17

Python is available for the Drobo FS (I use it to run SABnzbd on it).

Check droboports.com, or the the forum on DroboFS development on drobospace.com

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - Mspec - 2012-09-18

Hi guys for about a week now I am unable to update, I have tried restarts and shut downs but nothing seems to work and I always just get a returned result of update failed. Here is what the log is saying. I am by no means an expert in the world of linux so please be gentle. Oh I am running all this on a ubuntu 12 setup.
Any help would be most appreciated.

Code:
Sep-19 08:55:21 :: ERROR    :: UPDATER :: Update failed
Sep-19 08:55:21 :: DEBUG    :: UPDATER :: Removing maraschino-update
Sep-19 08:55:21 :: DEBUG    :: UPDATER :: Removing maraschino.tar.gz
Sep-19 08:55:21 :: INFO     :: UPDATER :: Removing update files
Sep-19 08:55:21 :: WARNING  :: UPDATER :: Failed to overwrite old files
Sep-19 08:55:21 :: DEBUG    :: UPDATER :: Overwriting old files
Sep-19 08:55:20 :: DEBUG    :: UPDATER :: Extracting maraschino.tar.gz
Sep-19 08:55:20 :: DEBUG    :: UPDATER :: Writing new hash to Version.txt
Sep-19 08:55:13 :: DEBUG    :: UPDATER :: Downloading update file to maraschino.tar.gz

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - ZestyChicken - 2012-09-19

I have lost the XBMC latest movie/TV episode thumbnails after the last update. Has been working fine for months. The url of the images reads:

http://127.0.0.1:7000/

The Media Library works fine. It's url reads:
http://unraid:7000/xhr/xbmc_image/default/frodo/?path=smb%253a%252f%252f192.168.1.68%252fTV%252fOther%2520TV%252fThe%2520Daily%2520Show%2520with%2520Jon%2520Stewart%252fSeason%252017%252fThe%2520Daily%2520Show%2520with%2520Jon%2520Stewart%2520-%2520S17E147%2520-%2520Tom%2520Brokaw.tbn

I suspect this must have been some bug??

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - hernandito - 2012-09-19

Hi Guys,

I would like to request one feature for the TraktPlus module. When viewing the Trending thumbnail carrousel, it would be great if I hover the mouse over one of the thumbnails and a tool-tip would pop up with the name of the movie or tv show. Without the tool-tip, some of the movies/shows are hard to discern. This requires clicking on the thumbnail to see what the movie is... and when going back, the carrousel starts back at the beginning; loosing the spot where I was browsing. I have my set up to display 60 trending items.

Thanks!

H.

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - ZestyChicken - 2012-09-19

(2012-09-19, 07:56)ZestyChicken Wrote: I have lost the XBMC latest movie/TV episode thumbnails after the last update. Has been working fine for months. The url of the images reads:

http://127.0.0.1:7000/

The Media Library works fine. It's url reads:
http://unraid:7000/xhr/xbmc_image/default/frodo/?path=smb%253a%252f%252f192.168.1.68%252fTV%252fOther%2520TV%252fThe%2520Daily%2520Show%2520with%2520Jon%2520Stewart%252fSeason%252017%252fThe%2520Daily%2520Show%2520with%2520Jon%2520Stewart%2520-%2520S17E147%2520-%2520Tom%2520Brokaw.tbn

I suspect this must have been some bug??

Fixed with update this am!

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - DejaVu - 2012-09-19

(2012-09-11, 02:37)hernandito Wrote: Deja can I impose on you to let us know which of the .less files you change? (if I understood Github, I am sure this would be easy). I have tweaked a lot of mine to make things smaller on my interface, so I can "see" more at default load. Here is what it looks like:
Like your changes H and I've also been looking into trying to make the fonts all the same, uniformed since posting.
Today I've had a little play with using our own font all together using @font-face in CSS3, but it cause more harm than good imo.

I'm not 100% sure I get what you mean about what .less you mean. I generally check them all.

base.less is the place for the basic stuff for Mara and the rest are imported in on a per-module basis, but I guess you already know this.
What I've been trying to do is get them all singing on the same song sheet, but it's not an easy feat.

Most are OK, but the CP one seems to be written in a slightly different and confusing way. I was even contemplating starting the CSS over from scratch and trying to get everything uniformed that way, but gave up when I realised how messy it could be.

What we really need is a decent series of CSS classes made up that can be reused throughout.