Kodi Community Forum
Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC (/showthread.php?tid=113136)

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - gibxxi - 2013-02-26

Note to author: Despite latest update, custom scroll-bars don't seem to work for me in Firefox. Looks OK in IE. Also, when playing media and viewing Maraschino on a 4:3 monitor, the volume control still appears underneath the progress bar (IE/FF).

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - gotoman00 - 2013-03-06

maraschino has been great lately with newest updates, loving it... feature request tho, a widget for playlist management in xbmc? or maybe implement a button in the current xbmc media library widget that brings the playlist window up in it? this would be great!

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - N3MIS15 - 2013-03-07

If you click the "Currently Playing" text in the currently playing bar it opens a popup with the current playlist.

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - guy_smiley:) - 2013-04-21

Any plans to update to the latest 12.1 Frodo? My icons aren't appearing properly in Maraschino.

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - N3MIS15 - 2013-04-21

not sure about 12.1 but 12.2 pre works fine. 12.1 should also work since its only a bugfix release.

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - guy_smiley:) - 2013-04-21

Hmm, if you wouldn't mind, there's a wipe cache or something to refresh it that normally works isn't there?

EDIT: actually just tried to update and it's telling me unknown version, please update.

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - gugahoi - 2013-06-03

I know this thread hasnt received much love in the last couple months. Just wanted to register that a couple of updates have been pushed recently. Some of them include the following:

-- Remote Control now has an "active" bar for easy accessibility and it will turn itself off after a minute of inactivity
-- CouchPotato module had several bugfixes pushed among them: it now loads even if the wanted library is empty, it also indicates if you already have a movie in your library when searching, plus a couple more small things.
-- A brand new module is now there: IP Camera. It is a small control widget for anyone who might have Internet Camera's. Testing has been limited so if any bugs are found, don't hesitate to report them.
-- other small bugfixes and performance improvements.

Hope people still keep up with this...

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - Reginald - 2013-06-03

I am using it and appreciate the updates! Thank you for your hard and continued work.

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - bnevets27 - 2013-06-04

±1

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - el_cabong - 2013-06-04

i always enjoy seeing the update option, and usually check this thread or your forum for any new goodies..

thanks for this great dashboard

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - Mspec - 2013-06-04

I agree always a bonus to see an update , I love it and its a great interface to my setup.

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - gugahoi - 2013-06-04

Good to hear you guys still use it! I have a request for you then

for all the users who use the search feature in maraschino: have you been experiencing problems with it?

I have recently redone some of the code there as I noticed it was not working anymore fro me for some reason. I have now also written a wrapper for newznab api calls and want to use it in the future in maraschino somehow...

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - Livin - 2013-06-09

(2013-06-03, 06:42)gugahoi Wrote: -- A brand new module is now there: IP Camera. It is a small control widget for anyone who might have Internet Camera's. Testing has been limited so if any bugs are found, don't hesitate to report them.

... This is not 100% accurate. The module only works with ONE camera and due to a massive oversight, or simply poor design, you cannot add more than one of the same module. So, it you are the rare 1% that has only 1 IP camera you want to view, then congrats you are in luck. If you are the 99% of people that buy IP Cams you are SoL and can only see one of your cams.

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - N3MIS15 - 2013-06-09

Its a start. It can be expanded.. Don't be so quick to judge.
None of the core devs own an ip cam so the fact that it even exists is amazing. It could have quite easily been ignored.

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - Livin - 2013-06-09

(2013-06-09, 02:55)N3MIS15 Wrote: Its a start. It can be expanded.. Don't be so quick to judge.
None of the core devs own an ip cam so the fact that it even exists is amazing. It could have quite easily been ignored.

Not judging the IP Cam module, it rocks. The gap is with Maraschino. One of the main reasons to having a "modular" interface is so the framework does not care what modules are installed... to have a limitation that only 1 of each module can be installed is a lack of design and understanding of use cases for the app.

Most people who own IP Cams have multiple cams... so having only one came viewable is not even useful, we need to use another UI anyway and will not be using the Maraschino module. If we can add multiple cams, then it will be used.