Kodi Community Forum
Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC (/showthread.php?tid=113136)

- Zarquon - 2011-11-11

OK I've wanted to learn python and although mfp has its strengths (as well as its flaws) I like that this is written in Python. I would like to see if this could become a replacement for the web interface add-on.

One change I would like to see is adding the synopsis to the recent episodes widget. The behavior I would like to see, is instead of playing the episode on click that it switched to showing details of the episode and then you would be able to play it.

- Archigos - 2011-11-11

dannycorker Wrote:Still the same problem. Have moved the whole maraschino folder to C:\HTPC-Apps and have set database path to 'C:/HTPC-Apps/.maraschino/maraschino.db' and also tried 'HTPC-Apps/.maraschino/maraschino.db'. Both still give the same error. I think it must be to do with the easy installs, but I don't know what. If I run them now I get this message, which seems to indicate all is well:

Do NOT include "C:" in the database name, but DO include the initial "/". So put:
Code:
DATABASE = '/HTPC-Apps/.maraschino/maraschino.db'

- _Mikie_ - 2011-11-11

Would an ini file be easier to use than a database?

- isamu.dragon - 2011-11-11

I actually got this to run from source.

Did all the prep-work involved, but don't run CherryPy nor Apache.

I just run in like I do sickbeard.

- dannycorker - 2011-11-11

Archigos Wrote:Do NOT include "C:" in the database name, but DO include the initial "/". So put:
Code:

Still nothing - might just have to give up on this Sad

It says the error could be from SQL-ALchemy - this is what I get from the easy_install of it, anything jump out? Do I need C as well?

Quote:C:\Python27\Scripts>easy_install Flask-SQLAlchemy
Searching for Flask-SQLAlchemy
Reading http://pypi.python.org/simple/Flask-SQLAlchemy/
Reading http://github.com/mitsuhiko/flask-sqlalchemy
Best match: Flask-SQLAlchemy 0.15
Downloading http://pypi.python.org/packages/source/F/Flask-SQLAlchemy/Flask-SQLA
lchemy-0.15.tar.gz#md5=d69571aee51eec584b0978c35ca047ba
Processing Flask-SQLAlchemy-0.15.tar.gz
Running Flask-SQLAlchemy-0.15\setup.py -q bdist_egg --dist-dir c:\users\danny\ap
pdata\local\temp\easy_install-bdtcvj\Flask-SQLAlchemy-0.15\egg-dist-tmp-wecu_7
warning: no previously-included files matching '*.pyc' found under directory 'do
cs'
warning: no previously-included files matching '*.pyo' found under directory 'do
cs'
no previously-included directories found matching 'docs\_build'
Adding flask-sqlalchemy 0.15 to easy-install.pth file

Installed c:\python27\lib\site-packages\flask_sqlalchemy-0.15-py2.7.egg
Processing dependencies for Flask-SQLAlchemy
Searching for SQLAlchemy
Reading http://pypi.python.org/simple/SQLAlchemy/
Reading http://www.sqlalchemy.org
Best match: SQLAlchemy 0.7.3
Downloading http://pypi.python.org/packages/source/S/SQLAlchemy/SQLAlchemy-0.7.3
.tar.gz#md5=0280527f7a80775a770cb3e4bdadaf6f
Processing SQLAlchemy-0.7.3.tar.gz
Running SQLAlchemy-0.7.3\setup.py -q bdist_egg --dist-dir c:\users\danny\appdata
\local\temp\easy_install-sfk3u5\SQLAlchemy-0.7.3\egg-dist-tmp-i0uvn7
warning: no files found matching '*.jpg' under directory 'doc'
warning: no files found matching 'Makefile' under directory 'doc'
no previously-included directories found matching 'doc\build\output'
Unable to find vcvarsall.bat
WARNING: The C extension could not be compiled, speedups are not enabled.
Failure information, if any, is above.
Retrying the build without the C extension now.
warning: no files found matching '*.jpg' under directory 'doc'
warning: no files found matching 'Makefile' under directory 'doc'
no previously-included directories found matching 'doc\build\output'
zip_safe flag not set; analyzing archive contents...
sqlalchemy.dialects.mysql.base: module MAY be using inspect.stack
WARNING: The C extension could not be compiled, speedups are not enabled.
Plain-Python build succeeded.
Adding sqlalchemy 0.7.3 to easy-install.pth file

Installed c:\python27\lib\site-packages\sqlalchemy-0.7.3-py2.7.egg
Finished processing dependencies for Flask-SQLAlchemy

- steve1977 - 2011-11-12

Archigos Wrote:Do NOT include "C:" in the database name, but DO include the initial "/". So put:
Code:

Thanks or the write-up for Windows. Got it to work, very much appreciated!!!

Going through the configuration now. I am using reverse proxies for sabnzbd/SB/CP, which may not be supported at this stage yet. Trying to work with workarounds. If anyone has any experience how to configure it, pls post. Thanks!

- steve1977 - 2011-11-12

Although I am still struggling to work it out given my reverse-proxy-based setting, I already came up with a widget request list:

* Recently added movies
* Add music, music videos and photos to media library
* Button to update library (ideally integrated in whatever other widget?)

Would be terrific if someone can pick it up!

- Archigos - 2011-11-12

steve1977 Wrote:Thanks or the write-up for Windows. Got it to work, very much appreciated!!!

Going through the configuration now. I am using reverse proxies for sabnzbd/SB/CP, which may not be supported at this stage yet. Trying to work with workarounds. If anyone has any experience how to configure it, pls post. Thanks!

If I remember the convo from MFP, you're using Reverse Proxy via Apache correct? I gave up on trying RP altogether since I was trying it via an IIS server and I think the method was broken at the time (Microsoft has updated the WebMatrix numerous times since then, including the files needed for RP). I might give it another go, but for now, doesn't seem like too much of a benefit anywhere since I can call everything via the different port numbers.

@dannycorker,
I'm not sure what's going on with your install, maybe attempt to easy install the Flask-SQLAlchemy again over itself... Worse case scenario for that is it will state it's already been installed and try to 'update' it which will grab/copy the required files again in case it missed some the first time. If that doesn't work, you can PM me and give me some more details about your setup and I can see what I can come up with, maybe chat via IM to test a few things.

- mrkipling - 2011-11-12

gugahoi Wrote:Awesome. I did notice there was a function the seemed to get a directory listing. I thinks I've implemented it now. Pull request has already been made.

Thanks, I've just merged it in. We now have a dropdown for application icons - much nicer!

- steve1977 - 2011-11-12

Archigos Wrote:If I remember the convo from MFP, you're using Reverse Proxy via Apache correct?

Your memory is perfect. And I realized that this is what I would need to do to also get Maraschino working properly. I do not want to open all these ports for subsonic, CP, SB, etc, would like to limit it to the web server (i.e., :80).

To do so, I would need to get Maraschino using Apache, which I have not succeeded to accomplish on Win7.

With MFP, I just copied all files into the /webserver/www folder. With Maraschino, that doesn't do the trick (yet).

I followed your (Archigos) and get it running, but this doesn't include the way how to run in with Apache.

Any link / instruction you can point me to that I can accomplish that? Assume it should be quite easy also with Win7?

- Archigos - 2011-11-12

steve1977 Wrote:Your memory is perfect. And I realized that this is what I would need to do to also get Maraschino working properly. I do not want to open all these ports for subsonic, CP, SB, etc, would like to limit it to the web server (i.e., :80).

To do so, I would need to get Maraschino using Apache, which I have not succeeded to accomplish on Win7.

With MFP, I just copied all files into the /webserver/www folder. With Maraschino, that doesn't do the trick (yet).

I followed your (Archigos) and get it running, but this doesn't include the way how to run in with Apache.

Any link / instruction you can point me to that I can accomplish that? Assume it should be quite easy also with Win7?

When I get around to rewriting my main server I may switch from IIS to Apache and hope I can get it done at that point, but for the time being I'm kind of stuck with IIS due to some of the stuff I need to host. Oh and by the way, the comment on my memory being perfect made me laugh (out loud) since due to all my medical issues my memory has been flaky at best for about 3 years now.

Let's get back on topic... are there any suggestions on how to proceed with updating/upgrading without losing any settings? I assume just copy over the new files since the stuff is held inside the *.db file?

- gugahoi - 2011-11-12

Archigos Wrote:When I get around to rewriting my main server I may switch from IIS to Apache and hope I can get it done at that point, but for the time being I'm kind of stuck with IIS due to some of the stuff I need to host. Oh and by the way, the comment on my memory being perfect made me laugh (out loud) since due to all my medical issues my memory has been flaky at best for about 3 years now.

Let's get back on topic... are there any suggestions on how to proceed with updating/upgrading without losing any settings? I assume just copy over the new files since the stuff is held inside the *.db file?

I think a git pull is enough. It won't overwrite your .db and therefore, your settings. Does that not work?

- Archigos - 2011-11-12

gugahoi Wrote:I think a git pull is enough. It won't overwrite your .db and therefore, your settings. Does that not work?

That'd probably work fine, but my dumbass didn't grab it via Git when I did it on Windows, I just downloaded the zip file, so I'll just do an overwrite and let you know... I was pretty groggy from sleeping pills when I made that post. Smile

- gugahoi - 2011-11-12

Archigos Wrote:That'd probably work fine, but my dumbass didn't grab it via Git when I did it on Windows, I just downloaded the zip file, so I'll just do an overwrite and let you know... I was pretty groggy from sleeping pills when I made that post. Smile

Fair enough. It worked with no problems for me.

MrK, sorry but Im gonna have to trouble you again with some Q's...

Which files need to be modified to add a new module? I've been reading around the code and thought it seemed simple but I've had no luck getting my new module showing up properly.

Is there a chance you could explain the saving process for the settings?

Cheers!

- DejaVu - 2011-11-12

Just made a Git Pull from the latest changes made from Gugahoi's pull request.

The drop down is empty for me.
Does it have a fault or am I missing something?