Kodi Community Forum
Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC (/showthread.php?tid=113136)

- themugger - 2011-11-17

Archigos Wrote:Try to restart the computer that XBMC is running on to free up system resources. By the way, you are logging into Maraschino with the same user/pass as XBMC correct? (That's the way it's supposed to be)

Okay, i got a feeling i have not understood this app correctly. I have this installed on my server which has all my apps such a sab etc... xbmc is on a media center somewhere else.

I havent configured anywhere the connection settings for xbmc yet, i was under the impression i configured the connection on the website.

and to confirm i have set pass to the same as the xbmc settings page.

thanks

- steve1977 - 2011-11-17

Archigos Wrote:My Maraschino page is located here and the Windows Install Guide is here.

Thanks so much for putting this together. Based on this description, is there any chance to access Maraschino outside my home network? Or would I need to run it on Apache server to accomplish this?

Any help is highly appreciated!!!

- themugger - 2011-11-17

themugger Wrote:Okay, i got a feeling i have not understood this app correctly. I have this installed on my server which has all my apps such a sab etc... xbmc is on a media center somewhere else.

I havent configured anywhere the connection settings for xbmc yet, i was under the impression i configured the connection on the website.

and to confirm i have set pass to the same as the xbmc settings page.

thanks

ignore me, got it working now. i started a fresh and all seems happy now.

Thanks

- HarryRosen - 2011-11-17

for the settings go to the top left there will be a setting icon that will pop up and you can put everything in there

- Tkosh - 2011-11-17

I just want to say this really completes my Internet TV rig. My wife gives this a big thumbs up for usability, and that's what counts in my house. I have just a few questions.

What's the best size for custom backgrounds? My wife uses an iPad to access to web site 100% of the time.

When will a remote or newest movies application be ready or should i start trying to write my own?

What's the best way to send an update commend to my pre-eden setup? I wrote a shell script but I want to be able to have the wife call it from the applications module.

Thanks again for this wonderful software!

- Archigos - 2011-11-17

steve1977 Wrote:Thanks so much for putting this together. Based on this description, is there any chance to access Maraschino outside my home network? Or would I need to run it on Apache server to accomplish this?

Any help is highly appreciated!!!

I haven't tested the XBMC functionality of this yet, but the links in the Applications widget for example have no problem using a fully qualified domain name (including a free DynDNS redirect) but I'd assume putting that info in for your XBMC settings as well would work, after that just open port 7000 or whatever port you're using in your firewall/router and you should be good to go.

--Edit--
I just tested using an external URL for XBMC as well and all of the widgets, recently added, etc. all seem to work fine, so just use a DynDNS or 'real' domain that redirects to your home IP.

- themugger - 2011-11-17

Archigos Wrote:I haven't tested the XBMC functionality of this yet, but the links in the Applications widget for example have no problem using a fully qualified domain name (including a free DynDNS redirect) but I'd assume putting that info in for your XBMC settings as well would work, after that just open port 7000 or whatever port you're using in your firewall/router and you should be good to go.

--Edit--
I just tested using an external URL for XBMC as well and all of the widgets, recently added, etc. all seem to work fine, so just use a DynDNS or 'real' domain that redirects to your home IP.

I also use mine through a dyndns addy and all seems to work fine!

- Celox - 2011-11-17

i just setup maraschino with CherryPy method and running latest pre-eden (nightly) but all my thumbnail previews for recently added are blank (alpha, nothing there). any idea what would cause this? i have maraschino setup and run as root atm.

- Archigos - 2011-11-17

Celox Wrote:i just setup maraschino with CherryPy method and running latest pre-eden (nightly) but all my thumbnail previews for recently added are blank (alpha, nothing there). any idea what would cause this? i have maraschino setup and run as root atm.

If you are viewing Maraschino from a different computer then what XBMC or Maraschino are running from and you setup Maraschino with 'localhost' for the server settings is the most common case for this. Go to the Cog and change the server settings box to use the XBMC machines IP instead of localhost.

- gugahoi - 2011-11-18

Celox Wrote:i just setup maraschino with CherryPy method and running latest pre-eden (nightly) but all my thumbnail previews for recently added are blank (alpha, nothing there). any idea what would cause this? i have maraschino setup and run as root atm.

If it's not what Archigos said, it might be that you're running XBMC 10 (from your signature). Maraschino only supports pre-Eden (pre 11) XBMC's

- Archigos - 2011-11-18

gugahoi Wrote:If it's not what Archigos said, it might be that you're running XBMC 10 (from your signature). Maraschino only supports pre-Eden (pre 11) XBMC's

Nice catch... I rarely look at signatures anymore. Laugh

- Rumik - 2011-11-18

I'm not trying to flood the thread with the same thing again, but I've started from scratch. I uninstalled and reinstalled python and setup tools. I ran through all of the Windows guide step-by-step. I got absolutely no errors throughout the process. But when it comes to running maraschino cherrypy it just won't work. Not even on the dev port.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "maraschino-cherrypy.py", line 1, in <module>
from cherrypy import wsgiserver
ImportError: No module named cherrypy

I even downloaded the cherrypy installer manually, and it detected where it needed to be installed and installed it.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

- Rumik - 2011-11-18

I've found the problem, I just don't know how to fix it...

http://www.installationwiki.org/CherryPy

Go to the Testing Your Installation section.

it says:

If you do not install CherryPy globally to your Python environment, do not forget to set the <code>PYTHONPATH</code> environment variable, else you will get an error as follows:

<pre>
>>> import cherrypy
File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?

So where/how do I set the PYTHONPATH environemtn variable?

- Archigos - 2011-11-18

Rumik Wrote:I've found the problem, I just don't know how to fix it...

http://www.installationwiki.org/CherryPy

Go to the Testing Your Installation section.

it says:

If you do not install CherryPy globally to your Python environment, do not forget to set the <code>PYTHONPATH</code> environment variable, else you will get an error as follows:

<pre>
>>> import cherrypy
File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?

So where/how do I set the PYTHONPATH environemtn variable?

From that error, you shouldn't have to set that and just running "easy_install cherrypy" again from your Python Scripts folder should fix it. As far as setting the Python Path, I'm writing this on my iPad and not near any of my systems that have Python, so unsure off the top of my head. I'm guessing a quick Google search for "Windows Python PYTHONPATH" should give you your solution.

- Phantisy - 2011-11-18

Only problem I am having is that I have to run "sudo python maraschino.py" every time to get it going. When apache is runs at boot up it is not running maraschino. Any ideas?