Kodi Community Forum
Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC (/showthread.php?tid=113136)

- DejaVu - 2011-11-18

You need to copy the initd file to the /etc/init.d folder and configure, make it executable and load the startup defaults.

- Phantisy - 2011-11-18

DejaVu Wrote:You need to copy the initd file to the /etc/init.d folder and configure, make it executable and load the startup defaults.

thanks ill give that a try

UPDATE:

Got it working thanks!

- guy_smiley:) - 2011-11-18

Anyone got this working externally and running via reverse proxies? Having trouble getting XBMC available via a reverse proxy.

Sorry, should have been a little clearer. Programs sit on a server, XBMC sits on a HTPC. I have reverse proxy working to access XBMC (and jsonrpc). Does the database have to live on the HTPC or can it live on the server?

EDIT: Wow, simple to set up. XBMC settings can be internal IPs. More widgets would be awesome as always. Just need to get trakt.tv widget working, not displaying anything :S

- gugahoi - 2011-11-18

guy_smiley:) Wrote:Anyone got this working externally and running via reverse proxies? Having trouble getting XBMC available via a reverse proxy.

Sorry, should have been a little clearer. Programs sit on a server, XBMC sits on a HTPC. I have reverse proxy working to access XBMC (and jsonrpc). Does the database have to live on the HTPC or can it live on the server?

EDIT: Wow, simple to set up. XBMC settings can be internal IPs. More widgets would be awesome as always. Just need to get trakt.tv widget working, not displaying anything :S

If you want, try my repo. I'll be converting some of my MFP widgets to Maraschino. Trakt Recommendations is already up in the 'Recommandations' Branch.

They should get merged into MrK's repo as soon as he has time.

gugahoi Wrote:They should get merged into MrK's repo as soon as he has time.

Might just wait, I am at work shagging the dog. Being at work and running over SSH, does anyone know how to start XBMC over SSH apart from:
# export DISPLAY=:0.0
# xbmc
which means when I Ctrl+C out it kills XBMC.

Otherwise images aren't displaying via my XBMC reverse proxy, might need to change it back to ProxyHTMLURLMap instead of changing the hard links...

- steve1977 - 2011-11-18

guy_smiley:) Wrote:Anyone got this working externally and running via reverse proxies? Having trouble getting XBMC available via a reverse proxy.

This is exactly what I am trying. Do I understand above correctly that you went ahead without using reverse proxies? You opened the port on that Maraschino is running and then all other applications (SB, CP, etc.) is running without reverse proxies and without opening more ports?

- Celox - 2011-11-18

Archigos Wrote:Nice catch... I rarely look at signatures anymore. Laugh

hehe... don't mind my signature its outdated. im running pre-eden/ubuntu10.10. i could be sure i used "xbmc" as hostname (nameserver) instead of localhost. will check once i get home from work.

btw i would love an module/widget like MFP had with "upcoming/missing" episodes! so far i really love maraschino and i think it has great potential!

another thing i've noticed which might have been fixed in the latest git (not sure). when a sabnzbd download is running and you have the first one in queue paused it will show the first file in the queue as downloading. as an example you have file "bbts02e02 - paused" but sab is downloading "himyms03e14" the wigdet will show "bbts02e02" as downloading.

steve1977 Wrote:This is exactly what I am trying. Do I understand above correctly that you went ahead without using reverse proxies? You opened the port on that Maraschino is running and then all other applications (SB, CP, etc.) is running without reverse proxies and without opening more ports?

No, the settings in maraschino for XBMC are on the server, so a local IP doesn't affect anything. It's only when you put in XBMC as an application it needs to be reverse proxied. I got this sorted out by changing the hardcoded links to relative and putting in a normal ProxyPass and ProxyPassReverse for everything, SB, CP, Sab, XBMC, etc, as per usual for external access. Safer to use proxies than have open ports IMHO, now just for some SSL and User restrictions.

- steve1977 - 2011-11-18

guy_smiley:) Wrote:No, the settings in maraschino for XBMC are on the server, so a local IP doesn't affect anything. It's only when you put in XBMC as an application it needs to be reverse proxied. I got this sorted out by changing the hardcoded links to relative and putting in a normal ProxyPass and ProxyPassReverse for everything, SB, CP, Sab, XBMC, etc, as per usual for external access. Safer to use proxies than have open ports IMHO, now just for some SSL and User restrictions.

Thanks for your quick reply. Can you please share a bit more how you have set it up?

1) Are you using Maraschino on Apache? If not, what port are you running it on? Could you set it to the web server port 80?

2) How did you set up the reverse proxies to be accessible by Maraschino? I already have XBMC, CP, SB and others configured as reverse-proxy.

3) Where did you add .htaccess for password protection?

- mrkipling - 2011-11-18

gugahoi Wrote:I know no one has replied, but I've polished the Module up. It now has both TV and Movie recommendation. It also allows a user to add those to their watchlist in Trakt or to dismiss the recommendation from trakt. I will most likely modify those options to show up as little icons and maybe add some more. What do you guys think?

The one downside for me is that it takes a couple of seconds to load since Trakt's own server response is not immediate.

Gimme feedback please...

Looks great! As you may have noticed I haven't had much time to work on Maraschino recently as I've been super-busy with real-world obligations, but I plan to get your SABnzbd pull request merged in some time this weekend. Feel free to open up another pull request for this whenever you want.

- mrkipling - 2011-11-18

Tkosh Wrote:I just want to say this really completes my Internet TV rig. My wife gives this a big thumbs up for usability, and that's what counts in my house. I have just a few questions.

What's the best size for custom backgrounds? My wife uses an iPad to access to web site 100% of the time.

Glad you like it!

The backgrounds stretch to fill your screen 100%, so it really depends on the resolution of the screen that you're using to view the app. The fanarts that are pulled from XBMC usually seem to be about 1920x1080 or thereabouts, though.

Tkosh Wrote:When will a remote or newest movies application be ready or should i start trying to write my own?

You can already control XBMC using Maraschino - you can browse your movies and TV shows, start them playing, play/pause, and stop. I believe that seeking is being worked on. Is there any other remote functionality that you'd like to see?

Recently added movies is also being worked on - in fact I started it on a branch a little while ago, it's just been sitting there as it needs some styling.

Tkosh Wrote:What's the best way to send an update commend to my pre-eden setup? I wrote a shell script but I want to be able to have the wife call it from the applications module.

Yeah, that would be a useful addition and shouldn't be too tricky to add to a module. I was thinking that it would sit quite nicely in the "media library" module. As always, it's on the todo list Smile

- Malexx - 2011-11-18

i installed the "recommendation" branch.But how does this work?There are no recommendation showing.trakt etc is all working,could someone explain please?

- Rumik - 2011-11-18

Archigos Wrote:From that error, you shouldn't have to set that and just running "easy_install cherrypy" again from your Python Scripts folder should fix it.

It doesn't Sad

Archigos Wrote:I'm guessing a quick Google search for "Windows Python PYTHONPATH" should give you your solution.

Tried that, set the PythonPath manually in Windows' Environment Variables section, but it hasn't made any difference. Here's what I've got for the PythonPath variable:

C:\Python27;C:\Python27\DLLs;C:\Python27\Lib;C:\Python27\Lib\lib-tk;C:\Python27\Lib\site-packages;C:\Python27\Lib\site-packages\cherrypy;

Still no good Sad

Any other ideas?

- Archigos - 2011-11-18

Rumik Wrote:It doesn't Sad

Tried that, set the PythonPath manually in Windows' Environment Variables section, but it hasn't made any difference. Here's what I've got for the PythonPath variable:

C:\Python27;C:\Python27\DLLs;C:\Python27\Lib;C:\Python27\Lib\lib-tk;C:\Python27\Lib\site-packages;C:\Python27\Lib\site-packages\cherrypy;

Still no good Sad

Any other ideas?

You've probably already tried this, but after you change the path variables, you should restart the computer... No clue why your system is having the issues, I've worked with a bunch of Python based apps and never had errors where I had to manually edit the PythonPath. Sad

Sadly, if the restart doesn't work I'm not sure how to help without recommending a full uninstall of Python, etc. and attempting to start from scratch.

- Rumik - 2011-11-18

AHA!! Progress! It's not complaining about cherrypy anymore, now it's a different module. I will investigate further.... Smile