Kodi Community Forum
Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC (/showthread.php?tid=113136)

- gugahoi - 2011-11-22

DejaVu Wrote:Nice work gugahoi.

Can I make one small request though, can the coming episodes have a choice to limit the amount shown? My list is MONSTROUS! Smile

That's fair. At the moment I made it max out at 200px which is quite small but I'm sure we can find a better solution.

Here is another look at it, and where I will be stopping tonight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Cgx7rv85s4

- mrkipling - 2011-11-22

gugahoi Wrote:@MrK

Just wanted to ask a couple of things. First of all, is there anything else you want me to change for you to accept my first pull request? I already have 2 other branches that will be ready to be pulled soon too...

Needs some tidying up - there are a few visual anomalies and a few bugs that I noticed - but other than that the functionality is great. I'm very keen to merge it in but don't have the time right now (new job / getting married at the weekend / honeymoon). Basically it's a very busy time and HTPC frontends don't crack my list of priorities, however much I wish that I could spend some time working on it Sad Not sure that I'll be able to find the time before I leave at the weekend unfortunately, but we'll see.

Bear with me though, as I definitely want to get this stuff merged in. It's good stuff.

gugahoi Wrote:I also wanted to ask why did you choose to use the .live function? From what I have read, it is not the best way to go about it as the .delegate function is much more efficient and the .on function, jquery 1.7 onwards, is apparently the way to go. Besides, .live seems to be on it's way out.

To be honest, because I wasn't aware of the delegate function Smile It does seem more efficient though and I'm all for it.

gugahoi Wrote:Just wanted to know what you think of this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baG8v19-3ZQ

Love love love it! Needs some visual tweaks but it's pretty exciting stuff.

- Rumik - 2011-11-22

I'll never get this working Sad

I don't suppose someone wants to write a guide on how to get Maraschino working with Apache do they? Cherrypy seems to hate me Sad

Thanks!

- gugahoi - 2011-11-22

mrkipling Wrote:Needs some tidying up - there are a few visual anomalies and a few bugs that I noticed - but other than that the functionality is great. I'm very keen to merge it in but don't have the time right now (new job / getting married at the weekend / honeymoon). Basically it's a very busy time and HTPC frontends don't crack my list of priorities, however much I wish that I could spend some time working on it Sad Not sure that I'll be able to find the time before I leave at the weekend unfortunately, but we'll see.

Bear with me though, as I definitely want to get this stuff merged in. It's good stuff.

Oh wow! Congratulations!!!!! By all means take your time. One thing tho: is it ok for me to put all the modifications together then? In the same pull request?

I've just started having so many ideas and got a little excited. But I see you've been busy so hopefully in two weeks time we'll have some amazing stuff for you to work some magic and fix up.

mrkipling Wrote:To be honest, because I wasn't aware of the delegate function Smile It does seem more efficient though and I'm all for it.

I've been trying to use it for the last few functions. For some reason tho, it only works when I bind it to "body"...

- percula - 2011-11-22

Rumik Wrote:I'll never get this working Sad

I don't suppose someone wants to write a guide on how to get Maraschino working with Apache do they? Cherrypy seems to hate me Sad

Thanks!

It already has been, check the thread or the project site.

- Rumik - 2011-11-22

Sorry, I should have added "On Windows".

- DejaVu - 2011-11-22

Congratulation mrkipling. Absolutely no rush.
Take your time, enjoy your honeymoon - I'm married, so can commiserate Wink

Plenty of time for Maraschino and I'm sure Gugahoi will keep you busy when you return with a shed load of modifications! Big Grin

* DejaVu goes off to read up a lot more about git... I need to find out how to update a repo with code from various different places, as Sickbeard does...! Smile

- mrkipling - 2011-11-22

gugahoi Wrote:Oh wow! Congratulations!!!!! By all means take your time. One thing tho: is it ok for me to put all the modifications together then? In the same pull request?

I've just started having so many ideas and got a little excited. But I see you've been busy so hopefully in two weeks time we'll have some amazing stuff for you to work some magic and fix up.

Thanks!

I'd recommend keeping your modifications on separate branches and opening separate pull requests for each, otherwise it's going to be very tricky to figure out what's going on. Also, it means that I can focus on reviewing one feature at a time vs. blocking out a massive amount of time to try and look at everything in one go Smile

gugahoi Wrote:I've been trying to use it for the last few functions. For some reason tho, it only works when I bind it to "body"...

I just checked and Maraschino is using jQuery 1.6, so that's probably why. Probably best to use $.live for now and it can be changed to delegate at a later date.

Timeout when Trackit is down - Tkosh - 2011-11-22

Guys, when Trackit web site is down Maraschino hangs waiting for response. Maybe we need a timeout for external sites? You can test by editing your host file and adding Trackit to a non working ip (127.0.0.1)

- DejaVu - 2011-11-22

When was trakt's site down? I have not had that problem.
I thought Trakt's server was fast and reliable.

- Tkosh - 2011-11-22

DejaVu Wrote:When was trakt's site down? I have not had that problem.

I have seen it down (bad gateway) twice so far. I just started using Trackit. Both times it was only down a few minutes

- Shaolin - 2011-11-22

I dont know whether these 2 png's are in the latest repo since i'm not at home to download the latest repo to check but thought I'd add them here for the applications dropdown since i just manually added them to my system:

Imagemeta<browser>Imageμtorrent

- gugahoi - 2011-11-22

mrkipling Wrote:Thanks!

I'd recommend keeping your modifications on separate branches and opening separate pull requests for each, otherwise it's going to be very tricky to figure out what's going on. Also, it means that I can focus on reviewing one feature at a time vs. blocking out a massive amount of time to try and look at everything in one go Smile

As you wish

mrkipling Wrote:I just checked and Maraschino is using jQuery 1.6, so that's probably why. Probably best to use $.live for now and it can be changed to delegate at a later date.

Is there a reason why you picked 1.6? I;m sure delegate is implemented there and it does work for me but 1.7 has the .on function which is replacing .live. Might be worth updating sooner rather than later.

DejaVu Wrote:When was trakt's site down? I have not had that problem.

Tkosh Wrote:I have seen it down (bad gateway) twice so far. I just started using Trackit. Both times it was only down a few minutes

It is getting better all the time but there are times where it has a slow response and it definitely affects Maraschino's loading. In the future we might be able to separate modules by threads so that such a thing does not happen... That's is one of the biggest benefactors of having this in python in my opinion (hopefully).

- mrkipling - 2011-11-22

gugahoi Wrote:As you wish

Is there a reason why you picked 1.6?

At the time, jQuery 1.7 did not exist Smile

gugahoi Wrote:I;m sure delegate is implemented there and it does work for me but 1.7 has the .on function which is replacing .live. Might be worth updating sooner rather than later.

Ah, didn't realise. Like I said, I haven't really used it before. I'm sure I can find 5 minutes to upgrade to 1.7 tonight.

- gugahoi - 2011-11-22

mrkipling Wrote:At the time, jQuery 1.7 did not exist Smile

Ah, didn't realise. Like I said, I haven't really used it before. I'm sure I can find 5 minutes to upgrade to 1.7 tonight.

Oh man I don't wanna rush ya. You already have so much going on ... So please only do it if you really can. Otherwise it's all good. Everything from a functional stand point is perfect.