Kodi Community Forum
Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC (/showthread.php?tid=113136)

- gugahoi - 2011-12-02

DejaVu Wrote:MrK is far too busy getting married at the moment.
I'm sure, once his life settles down a bit he'll bury his head into this for a few days.

Considering Maraschino seemed to spring from nowhere, I'm pretty certain the mods in the branches/forks are not going to take him a couple of days to perfect/add.

Lots of different features being added all over the place at the moment and I think all the Mods being worked on should be added together into a Testing Repo for others to try out before MrK's return...

Rather than keep cloning all over the place?

Thought?

I'm all for it!

- DejaVu - 2011-12-02

Maraschino now has it's own (testing) Repo! For now.

MrK, Gugahoi, Nashant and Myself are all collaborators and should be able to push, pull, poke, fiddle and break it.

Just login to Github how you normally do lads and goto
http://www.github.com/maraschino/maraschino

You should be able to admin this Repo as you do your own.
I forked this from MrKiplings to start with as it's virginal, but if you could send over some pull requests and hopefully we'll get this ball rolling.

The only thing thats going to confuse me when doing it this way is when 2 people edit the same file and it creates conflicts. site.less (css file) is a good example of this. We'll just have to see how it goes.

Is it worth, with new stuff adding into the popular files, including a separate file into it - like this -
Code:
@import url('/static/css/mynewmodule.css');

REMEMBER - This is a testing Repo ATM and although we will do our best to make sure things work. From time to time, things WILL break.

If you have issues/requests/wanna chat - lets try and keep this thread a little tidy and post on the Github ticket system (where possible).

If you wanna get involved and know anything about Python/JS/Jquery/JSON/CSS and want to be added to the testing Repo as a collaborator. Send me a PM on here or on Github and I'll add you.

- isamu.dragon - 2011-12-02

One sugestion I would like is a way to integrate git into it, like sickbeard.
That way we can update from within "Maraschino"

- _Mikie_ - 2011-12-02

DejaVu Wrote:Maraschino now has it's own (testing) Repo! For now.

MrK, Gugahoi, Nashant and Myself are all collaborators and should be able to push, pull, poke, fiddle and break it.

Just login to Github how you normally do lads and goto
http://www.github.com/maraschino/maraschino

You should be able to admin this Repo as you do your own.
I forked this from MrKiplings to start with as it's virginal, but if you could send over some pull requests and hopefully we'll get this ball rolling.

The only thing thats going to confuse me when doing it this way is when 2 people edit the same file and it creates conflicts. site.less (css file) is a good example of this. We'll just have to see how it goes.

Is it worth, with new stuff adding into the popular files, including a separate file into it - like this -
Code:
@import url('/static/css/mynewmodule.css');

REMEMBER - This is a testing Repo ATM and although we will do our best to make sure things work. From time to time, things WILL break.

If you have issues/requests/wanna chat - lets try and keep this thread a little tidy and post on the Github ticket system (where possible).

If you wanna get involved and know anything about Python/JS/Jquery/JSON/CSS and want to be added to the testing Repo as a collaborator. Send me a PM on here or on Github and I'll add you.

Quick thought. Rather than forking from MrK's repo and having issue when he updates his own and wants to send pull requests why not start completely clean and then when MrK comes back full time he can use his repo(make a pull from the test) like you guys use yours now and then send pull requests to the test/master repo. That way no matter who leave or joins the project it isn't someone's personal github profile that's the master but a community profile. Just a though.

- N3MIS15 - 2011-12-02

isamu.dragon Wrote:One sugestion I would like is a way to integrate git into it, like sickbeard.
That way we can update from within "Maraschino"

+1 on this. with all these new features being worked on, its hard keeping up

- steve1977 - 2011-12-02

gugahoi Wrote:Unfortunately I don't use reverse proxies anymore so can't help you very much.

Thanks Gugahoi. Few questions:

1) Understand you are not using reverse-proxies anymore. Are you still using Maraschino outside your home network? If so, did you open all ports or how did you achieve this?

2) Anyone else using reverse-proxies and got it working with Maraschino?

3) I am a bit lost now, what is the latest branch with best functionality?

Thanks for your help!

- nashant - 2011-12-02

Hey Steve. No idea about the reverse proxies. Never used 'em, gugahoi can prob help.

The latest branch is soon to be this. I'm in the process of pulling all branches from mine, gugahoi's and Deja's right now. Just gotta try and resolve all the conflicts.

- nashant - 2011-12-02

Right, I've finished pulling all branches into Maraschino/master. Anyone that wants to test it, let me know if there are any problems. Easiest way is to catch me on IRC. #maraschino on freenode.

For some reason the sickbeard module isn't loading the show banners for me. Anyone else having this issue?

EDIT:

Seems I have to use the actual ip of sickbeard, rather than localhost.

- steve1977 - 2011-12-02

Haven't been around for a while, but still really hope to find a way to use Maraschino outside my home network. Would love to run it on Apache, but this appears to be quite difficult using Windows... I spent hours googling and trying out things.

Is there anyone on this forum who is successfully running Maraschino on Apache on Win7.

Thanks so much in advance!!!

- HarryRosen - 2011-12-02

Just updated to your git dejavu but my recently added is not showing up anymore

- nashant - 2011-12-02

Harry, update from https://github.com/Maraschino/maraschino.git

Thats where I pulled from, I wonder if I need to reboot the machine, let me try that

That fixed it, just needed a reboot

love the new recently added

- nashant - 2011-12-02

Harry, try purging all .pyc files and the .db file

is it possible to have the disk space work with shares? like to see how much space is left on my unraid server?

also the sickbeard I assume i have to go with zoggy git instead of the master to get that working

- nashant - 2011-12-02

I went with https://github.com/SickBeard-Team/SickBeard.git

Not sure about remote disk space. Don't have that set up myself, but I'm sure someone that does will have a look.

We need to set up a feature request area...