Kodi Community Forum
Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC (/showthread.php?tid=113136)

- karandras24 - 2011-12-05

well they either will or won't! soon find out Big Grin

- gugahoi - 2011-12-05

DejaVu Wrote:I thought that was a given...

When you have configured everything in Maraschino - RESTART IT. It's important!
Things need to be reloaded to recognise the new settings.

@gugahoi,
I've re-added Tipsy to the new Repo, but making things global is causing issues, I think it has something to do with the refreshing of the modules. If you get a few minutes, would you mind taking a quick look please...

I'll have a look now.

Regarding the settings: they should be saved with ajax so in theory there should be no need for restarting maraschino. However, I too need a restart for everything to start working.

DejaVu Wrote:Minor changes to Media Library Widget -

Gives a load more spaces for other stuff too. Wink

-EDIT
Few more tweaks. I hated the white box hovering on the Adjust speed. Now turns Italic instead.

Plus forgot to mention, the iFrame know has the Program image next to the title.

Gonna start adding Tipsy into the Config's now for a clearer explanation in realtime.

DejaVu Wrote:Still playing with it. Really like this one. I'm not sure if my Revo R3700 allows Wake on Lan. Will be looking into now though.

Love them. I though it was very bloated and was thinking of ways to improve on them. Great work!

- DejaVu - 2011-12-05

Permanent link to the projects home page - works the same as the Settings 'Cog' link.
After the initial tutorial, the link disappears forever - not anymore. Smile

--EDIT
Oh, and I added a load of HD Universal Backdrops that I thought looked cool. No girls straddling tyres or film fanarts though - my missus would'nt appreciate them! lol

- gugahoi - 2011-12-05

DejaVu Wrote:Permanent link to the projects home page - works the same as the Settings 'Cog' link.
After the initial tutorial, the link disappears forever - not anymore. Smile

--EDIT
Oh, and I added a load of HD Universal Backdrops that I thought looked cool. No girls straddling tyres or film fanarts though - my missus would'nt appreciate them! lol

Hahah funny stuff. I reckon we can have a separate repository for backdrops tho. I just checked them out and they look great but they add 8mb to Maraschino!

On another note. I believe I have found a way to use tipsy without implementing it on every module. Did you happen to try the parameter {live: true} ?

Also, if you want to discuss more stuff, I'm on IRC...

- gugahoi - 2011-12-05

I believe I have found the bug that made Sab Module disappear sometimes. You guys can pull from the Maraschino git and let me know if you're still having problems...

Sickbeard - uglyman - 2011-12-05

I'm having trouble using the sickbeard module. I have sickbeard using a reverseproxy and it won't seem to connect/show up. It was working before I started using sickbeard with the reverseproxy and modified the config.ini.

- Shaolin - 2011-12-05

Love the new work DejaVu; I'm being INCREDIBLY pedantic here so i apologise in advance but to my eyes the icons for suspend, reboot, shutdown, clean library, update library etc dont look centralised in their respective buttons.

Is it just me or are they ever so slightly off centre?

- karandras24 - 2011-12-05

gugahoi Wrote:I believe I have found the bug that made Sab Module disappear sometimes. You guys can pull from the Maraschino git and let me know if you're still having problems...

Tis working fine for me now matey - could be the bug fix or the couple of system restarts that did the trick.

- SleepyP - 2011-12-05

After a bunch of reading about the super sweet WSGI module for Apache, I was able to get Maraschino working. However, I am having some issues getting it to serve out of anything other than the server root.

THIS is what it looks like:

I'm trying to get this going in my SSL VirtualHost conf file. The Maraschino directives I've got going on are:

Code:
    # WSGI STUFF HERE
    WSGIDaemonProcess maraschino user=maraschino group=maraschino threads=5
    WSGIPassAuthorization On
    WSGIScriptAlias /maraschino /var/www/maraschino/maraschino.wsgi
     <Directory "/var/www/maraschino">
        WSGIProcessGroup maraschino
        WSGIApplicationGroup %{GLOBAL}
        Order deny,allow
        Allow from all
    </Directory>
There's got to be a directive I am missing Sad I really want to serve Maraschino out of <ServerRoot>\maraschino.

- DejaVu - 2011-12-06

SleepyP Wrote:I really want to serve Maraschino out of <ServerRoot>\maraschino.

Not sure that's gonna happen. I think it's been asked before and no definitive answer was found...

However, you can use the CherryPy install instead and run it on a port the same as Sickbeard and CouchPotato.

If your really 'need' to have it running in a subdirectory, you may have to wait for MrK to return from his honeymoon to give you some guidance.

- uglyman - 2011-12-06

uglyman Wrote:I'm having trouble using the sickbeard module. I have sickbeard using a reverseproxy and it won't seem to connect/show up. It was working before I started using sickbeard with the reverseproxy and modified the config.ini.

i looked into my log. To connect to sickbeard, i now go to <ip address>/sickbeard/. There is no ip.

So under sickbeard ip i put <ip address>/sickbeard/ and under sickbeard port i left it blank.

the log now reads:

[05/Dec/2011:17:51:08 -0500] "GET /sickbeard/:None/api/ (i took out my api number)//?cmd=future&sort=date HTTP/1.0" 404 1240

edit: never mind. fixed it. i put my ip in the sickbeard ip box, and in the port box i put ":80/sickbeard/"
it's working again

- uglyman - 2011-12-06

also, is there some way to cache the trakt.tv recommendations (so there isn't a delay everytime the page is opened)? one change could be to have the same recommendations there until they are either dismissed, added or ignored

- guy_smiley:) - 2011-12-06

SleepyP Wrote:There's got to be a directive I am missing Sad I really want to serve Maraschino out of <ServerRoot>\maraschino.

Maybe try:
Code:
<Location /maraschino>
    # WSGI STUFF HERE
    WSGIDaemonProcess maraschino user=maraschino group=maraschino threads=5
    WSGIPassAuthorization On
    WSGIScriptAlias /maraschino /var/www/maraschino/maraschino.wsgi
     <Directory "/var/www/maraschino">
        WSGIProcessGroup maraschino
        WSGIApplicationGroup %{GLOBAL}
        Order deny,allow
        Allow from all
    </Directory>
</Location>

I'm also not using the WSGI authorization instead I made it use my own with Apache. Reading through the WSGI, your password is stored in plain text whereas Apache it's encoded.

- DejaVu - 2011-12-06

@uglyman -
Can you give some more details about how you got it working - posting your settings for others to enjoy. Is Maraschino now reading from your 'reverse-proxied' Sickbeard?

+1 for caching trakt Recommends (if it's possible).

Just hoping the Sickbeard one doesnt go the same way, although this module seems a lot faster than the one in MFP - even though I have 150 TV Shows it still loads instantly (and first BTW!)

@Shaolin -
Yes, I also noticed. Just took a while to work out the CSS for it. (Fixed).
I also noticed that the trakt Recommended 'gap' is larger than the rest (WIP). Wink

- gugahoi - 2011-12-06

DejaVu Wrote:+1 for caching trakt Recommends (if it's possible).

Just hoping the Sickbeard one doesnt go the same way, although this module seems a lot faster than the one in MFP - even though I have 150 TV Shows it still loads instantly (and first BTW!)

We could cache the recommendations, but at the moment it does load them randomly. So every now and then it will change. If we cache, it might not.

I don't think the sb module will go the route the mfp one did because this one is an API call whereas the other one was stripped down html page.