Kodi Community Forum
Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC (/showthread.php?tid=113136)

- RaNaMaster - 2011-12-16

im on windows xp i have been trying to install Maraschino if anyone got this to work on windows please post a how to think you

- Shaolin - 2011-12-16

RaNaMaster Wrote:im on windows xp i have been trying to install Maraschino if anyone got this to work on windows please post a how to think you
I'm on windows (albeit Win 7) and it is working perfectly.

Make sure you have the dependancies. Read this post

Then continue to read this post by Archigos

- RaNaMaster - 2011-12-17

thanx got it working

- Shaolin - 2011-12-17

RaNaMaster Wrote:thanx got it working
You're welcome, enjoy!!

- Shaolin - 2011-12-17

Another idea for improving the Media Library Module:

The ability to scroll through your collection via Title / Genre / Year etc and also add a search function (useful for very large collections)

Request GIT instructions - percula - 2011-12-17

Welcome back mrkipling!

Lots and lots of changes since I have had time to get in here and dig around. Looking great!

With the repo's getting combined, new branches, etc. Would it be possible if someone who is GIT literate make a simple set of instructions for changing branches, updating via GIT and anything else we may need/want to do from GIT?

Maybe put them on the project page so no one has to search 70+ pages of posts in this thread?

- steve1977 - 2011-12-18

Shaolin Wrote:Another idea for improving the Media Library Module:

The ability to scroll through your collection via Title / Genre / Year etc and also add a search function (useful for very large collections)

I like the idea. One more thing is that it would be great if the sorting function would not put all movies starting with "The ..." under "T", but would handle the same way as XBMC does. Thanks!

- mrkipling - 2011-12-18

I've just pushed some changes to the master branch, including:

* New Sickbeard module
* New Recommendations module (although it's quite slow to load at the moment, so to be considered experimental)
* New Recently Added Movies module
* Library controls in the Media Library module
* Various tweaks and bugfixes

A lot of the work in this release was done by gugahoi, DejaVu, and antant, so big thanks to all involved.

To update to the latest version, make sure you're on the master branch ("git checkout master" if you're on a different branch) and perform a "git pull". You might need to do this as a superuser depending on where you have Maraschino checked out.

Afterwards, make sure that you restart your web server. For Apache the command is "sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 restart"

As usual, please post here if you run into any bugs so that we can attempt to fix them. Thanks!

- jaaahaaa - 2011-12-18

Awesine gonna check it out straight away!

- DejaVu - 2011-12-18

It was mentioned before, but not sure how it can be done.

Is there a way to cache the Recommendations module to help load it quicker and cycles through the recommendations for that week and then refreshes the cache on a Sunday maybe?

- jaaahaaa - 2011-12-18

Got it working, nice update! Dont get harddrive thing to work though. What am I suppose to write in disk path? Getting invalid on whatever im tryin. Running win 7

- mrkipling - 2011-12-18

jaaahaaa Wrote:Got it working, nice update! Dont get harddrive thing to work though. What am I suppose to write in disk path? Getting invalid on whatever im tryin. Running win 7

The disk space module doesn't currently work with Windows, sorry. Definitely one that we want to get working sooner rather than later.

- Shaolin - 2011-12-18

mrkipling Wrote:I've just pushed some changes to the master branch, including:

* New Sickbeard module
* New Recommendations module (although it's quite slow to load at the moment, so to be considered experimental)
* New Recently Added Movies module
* Library controls in the Media Library module
* Various tweaks and bugfixes

A lot of the work in this release was done by gugahoi, DejaVu, and antant, so big thanks to all involved.

To update to the latest version, make sure you're on the master branch ("git checkout master" if you're on a different branch) and perform a "git pull". You might need to do this as a superuser depending on where you have Maraschino checked out.

Afterwards, make sure that you restart your web server. For Apache the command is "sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 restart"

As usual, please post here if you run into any bugs so that we can attempt to fix them. Thanks!
You were pretty quick banging v0.1 out, so, pro-rata we should expect v0.2 in about 2 days lol. Joke! Wink

Congrats on getting v0.1 completed in double quick time and thanks again for all your (et al) hard work.

Shaolin

- ZestyChicken - 2011-12-19

Love the program once I figured it out. Very slick and pretty. Allows me to consolidate all my HTPC web based apps into one place. Very nice.

Quick question which is probably more of a python issue than anything, but when running in Windows, is there a way to hide the console window? I run it minimized, but I'd prefer it just run in the background and not have any other windows up if possible.

Kind of a minor issue.

Also, I created a mac and PC icon files which you could distribute with the app if you wish. Again, just polishing stuff but would be nice...

- ZestyChicken - 2011-12-19

ZestyChicken Wrote:Love the program once I figured it out. Very slick and pretty. Allows me to consolidate all my HTPC web based apps into one place. Very nice.

Quick question which is probably more of a python issue than anything, but when running in Windows, is there a way to hide the console window? I run it minimized, but I'd prefer it just run in the background and not have any other windows up if possible.

Kind of a minor issue.

Nevermind. I figured it out. Good how-to here:

http://htpc.ictcsc.net/wiki/index.php/MaraschinoWindows