Kodi Community Forum
Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC (/showthread.php?tid=113136)

- N3MIS15 - 2011-12-25

openelec addon is possible, not sure about normal xbmc builds

- remb0 - 2011-12-25

N3MIS15 Wrote:openelec addon is possible, not sure about normal xbmc builds

Why not? a skin is for also an add-on for every system?
Is it difficult to make an addon from Marachino?

sorry but i'm a n00b Smile I hope someone can help me to get this wunderfull thing working.

- N3MIS15 - 2011-12-25

openelec supports addons for the operating system like the sabnzbd and tvheadend addons.

- Shaolin - 2011-12-25

remb0 Wrote:can this build into a xbmc addon? so everyone can install it from openelec?

MrK has said he would ideally like Maraschino to be made into an addon but he doesn't know how at the moment. If anyone wanted to convert it to an addon that's fine with him. I get the impression he is juggling a great many projects and time is short for him.

I'd love to see this as an addon as well.

- Mar2zz - 2011-12-25

Currently writing a Transmission plugin for Mara. My goal is it would be exactly like the sabnzbd-module. (list of torrents, percentage/time remaining etc).

Allready listing the torrents names in a module, so I hope to finish it in the next few days.

If someone can show me a thourough how to or documentation for openelec-addons I could try to create a script to build addons from github apps from scratch. that would ease development.

- N3MIS15 - 2011-12-25

Personally i think there needs to be a couple things in place before maraschino can function as an addon.

It needs to be totally independent. Mar2zz has done great work with this.

Initial setup needs to be handled differently. Maybe a prompt on first launch or an ini file that could be altered by addon settings.

I could be completely wrong, i am just thinking out aloud. I am not a programmer, just a person with too much to say Tongue

- N3MIS15 - 2011-12-25

Mar2zz, take a look at this: http://www.openelec.tv/forum/38-python-addons/20515-tvnamerpython-shell-addon-automatic-tv-episode-file-renamer-for-devel-build

The author has provided source and binaries for his addon, i had a quick look and i half understand whats going on. Im sure you could figure it out from these files

- Mar2zz - 2011-12-25

Thx. will take a look into it next week. Seems not to be that different from xbmc.addons and I created one earlier this year. (dunno if that is still working, but it worked :p )
https://github.com/Mar2zz/xbmc-newznab

- remb0 - 2011-12-25

Mar2zz Wrote:Thx. will take a look into it next week. Seems not to be that different from xbmc.addons and I created one earlier this year. (dunno if that is still working, but it worked :p )
https://github.com/Mar2zz/xbmc-newznab

Wow that sounds great!
That's the only reason i should swap to xbmcfreak. but if its running on openelec I don't witch and my system is complete Smile

- DejaVu - 2011-12-25

I was the one that requested that Maraschino be added to OpenElec, but now that Mar2zz has created a fully integrated version, it will make that job a lot easier.

As for making Maraschino large (20Mb), it's not really, seeing as the dependencies have to be installed previously anyway.

This was just makes the whole process simpler - and I think should be added,
Dependencies can update and break things in the future, if they are part of the package, it's just going to work.

As for making an Add-on, all it would need to do is pull from the Github repo like MQ3 Aeon's Skin Repo Addon does and then run as a Python Demon script. No!?

This is looking like it's getting closer to being put into the LaSi.sh script Mar2zz?! Big Grin

- Mar2zz - 2011-12-25

I am working on a transmission widget for maraschino, but I can't get all paramaters gotten from transmission into the html template.

I need help with that. I can import everything from transmission, torrentnames, size, estimated time left etcetera, but I just can't get it to work normal in the html.

The transmission widget can be added, but it won't show any info from my torrents, though I see it imports four progressbars, as I have four torrents running, but further no info.

any pointers?

I used:
Code:
return render_template('transmission.html',
        torrents = torrents,
        label = label,
        status = status,
        size = size,
        downsize = downsize,
        progress = progress,
in transmission.py and it is not erroring, so all info should be there. But how can I show it? Trying with a for loop in html, starting with:
{% for torrent in torrents %}

but torrent.name does nothing at all?

- N3MIS15 - 2011-12-26

I assume you closed the render template function..
Code:
return render_template('transmission.html',
        torrents = torrents,
        label = label,
        status = status,
        size = size,
        downsize = downsize,
        progress = progress,
        )

I would be happy to test this plugin out if u want

- Mar2zz - 2011-12-26

Yes I closed it. It's working, except for the part that it is not giving info, though counting my torrents, so it is working kinda 1% or something.

I pushed it to my repo. feel free to edit and test around.
These are the files that need work.
# new file: plugins/transmission.py
# new file: templates/transmission.html

- N3MIS15 - 2011-12-26

I cant see anything to suggest it shouldnt work.

EDIT: If i disable the try: and except: from transmission.py,line transmission = transmissionrpc.Client(**params) gives error.
If there is a torrent in queue that should still work right?

EDIT2: If you change {{ torrent.name }} to {{ name }} in transmission.html it returns (None,). Meaning its getting name from the exception and not the try.
If you change the except: name = None, to name = torrent.name it returns an actual torrent name, but repeats it for every torrent.

- gugahoi - 2011-12-26

Mar2zz Wrote:Yes I closed it. It's working, except for the part that it is not giving info, though counting my torrents, so it is working kinda 1% or something.

I pushed it to my repo. feel free to edit and test around.
These are the files that need work.
# new file: plugins/transmission.py
# new file: templates/transmission.html

I like your modification Marz! Havent tested them but making maraschino independent was a big one in my book. I also planned to take the transmission module in the future but since you have already started I'll give you some pointers.

1: Try to make your pull requests as independent as possible. That means that if you want to make the transmission module as well, please make it in another branch on your repo.

2: I will make another experimental branch on MrK's repo so we can add all the new features there but keep your pull requests open so that when he has time he can use them if chooses to or just clean up the experimental repo if that's better for him.

3: For the transmission Module you should have an object (either a dict or a list) being passed to the template and not each variable on it's own. So say you can grab the queue from trasmission as a list. You can then pass it to the template with

Code:
render_template( 'transmission.html', queue = transmission['queue'])

and the variables for each item in the queue should be displayed with a loop, eg.:

Code:
{% for item in queue%}
<p class='name'> {{item.name}} </p>
<p class='size'> {{item.size}} </p>
{% endfor %}

Keep in mind this is just an example, but it should be something along these lines.

I will have a look at your code as soon as I have some time and will probably ask you to open a pull request to the other 'experimental' branch later today or tomorrow too... is that ok?