Kodi Community Forum
Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC (/showthread.php?tid=113136)

- m0v1em4n - 2011-12-28

Hi Guys,

I am following the setup instruction for win 7 on the Wiki

Now I am running a 64 bit version of windows, but the py tools seem to be for 32 bit would this make a difference?

http://htpc.ictcsc.net/wiki/index.php/MaraschinoWindows

I have got as far as initialising the database, but I am get the following error

Quote:You need to specify DATABASE in settings.py, and ensure that Flask-SQLAlchemy is installed.

I have tried reinstalling the "Flask-SQLAlchem" again but seem to be getting the following errors

Quote:C:\Python27\Scripts>easy_install Flask-SQLAchemy
Searching for Flask-SQLAchemy
Reading http://pypi.python.org/simple/Flask-SQLAchemy/
Couldn't find index page for 'Flask-SQLAchemy' (maybe misspelled?)
Scanning index of all packages (this may take a while)
Reading http://pypi.python.org/simple/
No local packages or download links found for Flask-SQLAchemy
Best match: None
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Python27\Scripts\easy_install-script.py", line 8, in <module>
load_entry_point('setuptools==0.6c11', 'console_scripts', 'easy_install')()
File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\setuptools\command\easy_install.py", line
1712, in main
with_ei_usage(lambda:
1700, in with_ei_usage
return f()
1716, in <lambda>
distclass=DistributionWithoutHelpCommands, **kw
File "C:\Python27\lib\distutils\core.py", line 152, in setup
dist.run_commands()
File "C:\Python27\lib\distutils\dist.py", line 953, in run_commands
self.run_command(cmd)
File "C:\Python27\lib\distutils\dist.py", line 972, in run_command
cmd_obj.run()
211, in run
self.easy_install(spec, not self.no_deps)
434, in easy_install
self.local_index
File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\setuptools\package_index.py", line 475, in
fetch_distribution
return dist.clone(location=self.download(dist.location, tmpdir))
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'clone'

C:\Python27\Scripts>

I have also check the settings.py as recommended in the wiki, but would appreciate if you guys could check it out

Quote:# this is where you database is going to be stored

# make sure that you have write access to the directory

DATABASE = /HTPC-Apps/Maraschino/maraschino.db

# if serving using CherryPy (maraschino-cherrypy.py)

# you can set the port here

CHERRYPY_PORT = 7000

# include AUTH if you want to use HTTP basic authentication

# if serving using Apache and mod_wsgi, make sure to enable auth forwarding:

# http://code.google.com/p/modwsgi/wiki/ConfigurationDirectives#WSGIPassAuthorization

AUTH = {

'username': "xbmc",
'password': "password"

}

# if you are using the dev server and want to run Maraschino on a different port

# then enable this setting

# PORT = 5000

Can anyone help me out,

sorry but I am a bit stupid when it come to any thing coding

- Shaolin - 2011-12-28

m0v1em4n Wrote:Hi Guys,

I am following the setup instruction for win 7 on the Wiki

Now I am running a 64 bit version of windows, but the py tools seem to be for 32 bit would this make a difference?

http://htpc.ictcsc.net/wiki/index.php/MaraschinoWindows

I have got as far as initialising the database, but I am get the following error

I have tried reinstalling the "Flask-SQLAlchem" again but seem to be getting the following errors

I have also check the settings.py as recommended in the wiki, but would appreciate if you guys could check it out

Can anyone help me out,

sorry but I am a bit stupid when it come to any thing coding
Looks like you have a problem with Flask-SQLAlchemy. I have it running on Win7 x64 no problem so you should be able to get it running too (with a little perseverance). I made a windows installer for the dependencies which works fine on my win7 x64 setup maybe try the installer?
Windows Installer
Previous post regarding Windows Installer

EDIT:

Just seen a typo:

Code:
C:\Python27\Scripts>easy_install Flask-SQLAchemy

should be

Code:
C:\Python27\Scripts>easy_install Flask-SQLAlchemy
that's probably your problem.

- m0v1em4n - 2011-12-28

Thanks Shaolin,

will check it out

###Update###

Ok I tried with the typo corrected and Flask-SQLAlchemy seem to install better, but I was still getting the following error

Quote:You need to specify DATABASE in settings.py, and ensure that Flask-SQLAlchemy
installed
so I tried your installer (Shaolin) but was still getting the same error, Could you check my setting.py below

Quote:# this is where you database is going to be stored
# make sure that you have write access to the directory

DATABASE = '/HTPC-Apps/Maraschino/maraschino.db'

# if serving using CherryPy (maraschino-cherrypy.py)
# you can set the port here

CHERRYPY_PORT = 7000

# include AUTH if you want to use HTTP basic authentication
# if serving using Apache and mod_wsgi, make sure to enable auth forwarding:
# http://code.google.com/p/modwsgi/wiki/ConfigurationDirectives#WSGIPassAuthorization

AUTH = {
'username': 'xbmc',
'password': 'password'
}

# if you are using the dev server and want to run Maraschino on a different port
# then enable this setting

#PORT = 5000

Have I got the Database address correct?
Should the "maraschino.db" be present in the folder or does it get created?
HTPC-Apps/maraschino folder is where the database is being stored

Thanks for your help

- Shaolin - 2011-12-28

m0v1em4n Wrote:so I tried your installer (Shaolin) but was still getting the same error, Could you check my setting.py below

Thanks for your help

Shouldnt be called setting.py, it should be called settings.py

Your database settings are correct from what i can see, and the database file maraschino.db will be created once you successfully run:

Code:
python setup.py

I suspect that you simply need to rename it to settings.py

- m0v1em4n - 2011-12-28

Ok seem to have got pass that point, thanks for your help

- Shaolin - 2011-12-28

No problem, so is it working for you now?

- Mar2zz - 2011-12-28

I have a question. I have made a branch sabnzbd to work on the sabnzbd module. I now had a small update, easier to set settings. So I changed code in that branch and want to pullrequest it to mr Kipling. but my master is full of updates. I want to start over with a clean master, which is exactly the same as Mr. Kipling's repo, so I can create a different branch for whatever I like to work on. Can I safely delete my repo from github and start over, will my pull request that is allready @ mr Kiplings stay or also be deleted?

The single and only pullrequest I want to send for sabnzb are only these two commits: https://github.com/Mar2zz/maraschino/commit/555c9f8d590cb1e7b81b18d60cb7bacc66d77299
And as I create a pullrequest, it sends 37 commits because my master is completely changed from Mr. Kiplings master, because of that my sabnzbd branche is also completely different.

- gugahoi - 2011-12-29

Mar2zz Wrote:I have a question. I have made a branch sabnzbd to work on the sabnzbd module. I now had a small update, easier to set settings. So I changed code in that branch and want to pullrequest it to mr Kipling. but my master is full of updates. I want to start over with a clean master, which is exactly the same as Mr. Kipling's repo, so I can create a different branch for whatever I like to work on. Can I safely delete my repo from github and start over, will my pull request that is allready @ mr Kiplings stay or also be deleted?

The single and only pullrequest I want to send for sabnzb are only these two commits: https://github.com/Mar2zz/maraschino/commit/555c9f8d590cb1e7b81b18d60cb7bacc66d77299
And as I create a pullrequest, it sends 37 commits because my master is completely changed from Mr. Kiplings master, because of that my sabnzbd branche is also completely different.

Code:
git remote add mrkipling https://github.com/mrkipling/maraschino
  git fetch mrkipling
  git checkout mrkipling/master
  git branch -l _new_branch_with_mrk's_master_or_any_name_you_want
(this is usually called upstream so you can do git remote add upstream ''link'' and substitute mrkipling for upstream in the other commands)

Give this a try. If you delete your repo the pull request will most likely get erased too. Otherwise I think you can do a hard --reset to go back to MrK's master maybe? Not sure about it tho. I would go with adding remote upstream/master

- DejaVu - 2011-12-29

Mar2zz Wrote:I have a question. I have made a branch sabnzbd to work on the sabnzbd module. I now had a small update, easier to set settings.
This change was already made a while back, but for some reason, MrK removed it back to how it was when he returned from his holibobs. Not sure why...!?

This is where it got removed.

- Mar2zz - 2011-12-29

Lol. that must be a mistake. switching from advanced api to simple. Removing advanced features... Probably a commit from an old folder or something?

- gugahoi - 2011-12-29

Mar2zz Wrote:Lol. that must be a mistake. switching from advanced api to simple. Removing advanced features... Probably a commit from an old folder or something?

The module is pending review so for the moment it has been reverted back to original. The thing is we will probably modify the way it works because we need a part of it to be ajax and another to be static.

Maraschino as a Windows Service - Boggie1688 - 2011-12-29

Make sure Maraschino is NOT running.

1. Get Windows 2003 Resource Kit: Click Here

2. Open a command prompt with admin privileges.

Execute the following:
instsrv Maraschino "C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Resource Kits\Tools\srvany.exe"

You should see "Service successfully installed"

**Note you can see I am running x64. If you don't have a x64 install, you probably don't have a "Program Files (x86)" folder. Use "Program Files" instead.

3. Open Notepad and Paste the following:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Maraschino\Parameters]
"AppDirectory"="C:\\Python27"
"Application"="C:\\Python27\\python.exe C:\\HTPC-Apps\\Maraschino\\maraschino-cherrypy.py"

You'll need to change the drives if needed, as well as the directories. The line of code following python.exe tells the computer to run the maraschino-cherrypy.py file using python.exe.

Save Notepad as install_Maraschino.reg. Double click and Windows will ask you if you wish to add the file to your registry. Confirm OK and install.

4. In the command prompt execute the following:
sc config Maraschino depend= Tcpip

You should see "ChangeServiceConfig SUCESS"

5. Nagivate to Control Panel -> Administrator Tools -> Services -> Find Maraschino, right click and start. Alternatively you can simply reboot the computer.

**Note. If you double click and open the Maraschino service, you can click the Recovery Tab. Set First and Second Failure to "Restart Service". Set Third Failure to "Restart the Computer".

If done correctly you Maraschino should be running and you should be able to reach the webpage.

Multiple XMBC - Boggie1688 - 2011-12-29

Feature request:

Would is be possible to let Maraschino control multiple instances of XBMC? I have multiple HTPCs throughout the house running XBMC, with one central file server.

Having Maraschino be able to control all of them would be awesome! I guess I could do multiple instances, but that would be a pain.

Edit:

Can we add up and down buttons to the menus? I'm trying to use my touchpad as a one stop shop. Currently can't navigate the menus on the screens.

- gugahoi - 2011-12-29

Boggie1688 Wrote:Feature request:

Would is be possible to let Maraschino control multiple instances of XBMC? I have multiple HTPCs throughout the house running XBMC, with one central file server.

Having Maraschino be able to control all of them would be awesome! I guess I could do multiple instances, but that would be a pain.

Edit:

Can we add up and down buttons to the menus? I'm trying to use my touchpad as a one stop shop. Currently can't navigate the menus on the screens.

Both things have already been requested and are on the to-do list.

- _Mikie_ - 2011-12-29

@Boggie1688
Possible typo here,

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\Maraschino\Parameters]

Is there meant to be a space in Servic es ?