Kodi Community Forum
Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC (/showthread.php?tid=113136)

- mrkipling - 2012-01-02

A few more updates today:

* added an optional "compact view" for the Sickbeard module vs. the banner view (me)

* ability to view Sickbeard's log from within the module (gugahoi)

* watched items now have a tick next to them in the library module (N3MISI5)

- Oakey - 2012-01-02

Archigos Wrote:Check post 211 that I created with a setup guide for running this on Windows. Ignore the init.d file, if you want to make it auto-run on Windows, either setup a scheduled task or create a batch file to call it from the startup folder.

ETA: Okay, I've solved the problem. When creating a scheduled task you want to select the maraschino-cherry.py file to run, not the bat. Seems obvious now.

I can run Maraschino fine if I use the .bat method at login but what I just cannot seem to do is get it to run as a scheduled task.

I've created a task, told it to run the bat file on startup, told it to start even if no one is logged in, given it my login password, etc but on reboot it just doesn't seem to work.

What am I missing?

- j1nx - 2012-01-02

gugahoi Wrote:Agreed! Great idea. I had never heard of this program before but am installing right now!

Just spent the whole afternoon, looking at different Python stuff. Here at Maraschino and elsewhere.

I think, I have to take a step back. This is just a bridge to far at the moment. Will still start learing Python, but will most likely start with the "Hollo world" application Wink

If anyone likes to take on the xmltv plugin. Be my guess! I will help where I can.

@mrkipling
What do you think about adding gesture and touch to the interface. I see you already use JS, maybe it would be a nice idea to implement the "Sencha Touch Library".
http://www.sencha.com/products/touch

You can think of; "Multiple screen in a carousel" (As the amount of plugins can get out of hand)
http://dev.sencha.com/deploy/touch/examples/kitchensink/

Or using nice "overlays" and "Icon bars"

It will make it THE kick ass tablet webinterface, while all proper desktop browser also still benefit from all the extra's

Just an idea.

- Oakey - 2012-01-02

I should point out I'm clueless when it comes to this stuff and I managed to get it all working.

I still think it was blind luck more than anything as I hit a wall when the guides said to run 'setup.py' and initiate the database. I had no setup.py file so I just ran the maraschino-cherry.py file, it initiated the database and everything has been working great.

- mrkipling - 2012-01-03

Oakey Wrote:I should point out I'm clueless when it comes to this stuff and I managed to get it all working.

I still think it was blind luck more than anything as I hit a wall when the guides said to run 'setup.py' and initiate the database. I had no setup.py file so I just ran the maraschino-cherry.py file, it initiated the database and everything has been working great.

You don't need to run setup.py any more, that step was eliminated a few days ago. Glad you got it up and running!

Which guide were you using? The guides on maraschinoproject.com were updated when we made the change so are up-to-date as far as I know.

- mrkipling - 2012-01-03

j1nx Wrote:@mrkipling
What do you think about adding gesture and touch to the interface. I see you already use JS, maybe it would be a nice idea to implement the "Sencha Touch Library".
http://www.sencha.com/products/touch

You can think of; "Multiple screen in a carousel" (As the amount of plugins can get out of hand)
http://dev.sencha.com/deploy/touch/examples/kitchensink/

Or using nice "overlays" and "Icon bars"

It will make it THE kick ass tablet webinterface, while all proper desktop browser also still benefit from all the extra's

Just an idea.

I recently bought a Galaxy Tab 10.1 so I would love a slick tablet interface for my HTPC(s), as long as it fit in nicely with the project and didn't split the code in two or anything crazy like that.

I would also like support for multiple XBMC servers, better library and player controls, a much easier installation process, and a pony.

All in good time :p

- j1nx - 2012-01-03

mrkipling Wrote:I would also like support for multiple XBMC servers, better library and player controls, a much easier installation process, and a pony.

All in good time :p

You know how it is in life! It's all about priorities.

So get yourself that pony and get back to work Big Grin

- guy_smiley:) - 2012-01-03

mrkipling Wrote:* watched items now have a tick next to them in the library module (N3MISI5)

I know it's semantics, but can we get this watched toggle the same in both Recently Added and the Media Library module, either a tick in both or a highlight? Just looks a little strange having two different things.

- steve1977 - 2012-01-03

mrkipling Wrote:I recently bought a Galaxy Tab 10.1 so I would love a slick tablet interface for my HTPC(s), as long as it fit in nicely with the project and didn't split the code in two or anything crazy like that.

Wouldn't an Maraschino app for Android and/or iOS not be the easier and cleaner way to achieve what you are thinking of? Also (as indicated before), this may be a good way to also extract some money for all your hard work out of the project. Pretty sure this app would be a huge success charging something like $3-8.

- gugahoi - 2012-01-03

Fellas I am very excited to announce a new feature I have thought of. It is an XBMC remote but not a graphical one where you click on a button and something happens. This one is fully controlled by you keyboard itself!

The way it work is this: you start maraschino normally and do everything as you do, and then let's say you feel like you need to control XBMC. The way we have it now you cannot control XBMC but you can start playing anything from your media library from Maraschino. With my modification you can simply activate the "remote" mode by clicking on the top right button on the maraschino page. When on remote mode, the keys in you keyboard become like the keys of an actual remote!

Check the video if you want to see it in action!

At the moment I have basically coded 7 keys:
Code:
arrow up, down, left, right: do what you expect them to do;
enter: select;
backspace: back;
spacebar: home;

I would love for people to test it out before we merge it into master. You can find it on my repo's "remote" branch.

- Archigos - 2012-01-03

gugahoi Wrote:Fellas I am very excited to announce a new feature I have thought of. It is an XBMC remote but not a graphical one where you click on a button and something happens. This one is fully controlled by you keyboard itself!

The way it work is this: you start maraschino normally and do everything as you do, and then let's say you feel like you need to control XBMC. The way we have it now you cannot control XBMC but you can start playing anything from your media library from Maraschino. With my modification you can simply activate the "remote" mode by clicking on the top right button on the maraschino page. When on remote mode, the keys in you keyboard become like the keys of an actual remote!

Check the video if you want to see it in action!

At the moment I have basically coded 7 keys:
Code:
arrow up, down, left, right: do what you expect them to do;
enter: select;
backspace: back;
spacebar: home;

I would love for people to test it out before we merge it into master. You can find it on my repo's "remote" branch.

I watched the video before you even posted it here... Downloading now and will let you know. Smile

- gugahoi - 2012-01-03

Archigos Wrote:I watched the video before you even posted it here... Downloading now and will let you know. Smile

Haha awesome. I only tested on Chrome so far so do not know if it will work on other browsers.

EDIT:
Some research tells me this is not going to work on FF 9 (this and this) but should be good for FF 10 whenever it comes out (which seems likely to be outdated in a couple of weeks already)

- Archigos - 2012-01-03

gugahoi Wrote:Haha awesome. I only tested on Chrome so far so do not know it it will look on other browsers.

Great News...
After I downloaded the new repo and realized it appeared WAY less files, I figured it had to be laid on top of a 'valid' repo. So I copied my "Maraschino" folder to a new directory "Maraschino-Remote" and changed the settings.py to match the new directory and tweaked the CherryPy port number. Anyway, started that version up and it pulled my database correctly and looks identical to my "master" version, with the nice inclusion of the Remote button in the upper right.

I clicked the new Remote Button and was able to navigate with the arrow keys and pressing the Spacebar (while watching a video) did it's normal thing... making the video a smaller window while showing elapsed/total time. But pressing the spacebar again didn't return it to full screen. Rolleyes

You mentioned you tested it in Chrome... so that's what I fired up first and it works great on Chrome (on Windows) but the button looks all kind of Fubar'd in Firefox 8 and clicking it turns it Red/Green like in Chrome however pressing the Spacebar (only button I tried in Firefox) does NOT do anything on XBMC and just pages down the webpage like it normally would.

Long story short:
  • Running on Windows Box = Perfect
  • Using Site via Chrome = Perfect
  • Firefox = PITA (yet again)

--Edit--
Two images below... first is Chrome, second is Firefox
Image Image

- N3MIS15 - 2012-01-03

yea, tested on firefox and it doesnt work (also looks wrong)
pressing left and right moves the modules left and right

EDIT: Chrome working as Archigos explained. Windows 7 x64

- gugahoi - 2012-01-03

N3MIS15 Wrote:yea, tested on firefox and it doesnt work (also looks wrong)
pressing left and right moves the modules left and right

Apparently FF is very buggy with 'keydown' and 'keypress' events (have a look at my previous psot) on javascript which is how this works. I'm getting some beta FF versions now to see how it behaves there.

UPDATE: it works on FF 10 but looks the same so I will have to fix the graphics for that.