Kodi Community Forum
Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC (/showthread.php?tid=113136)

- N3MIS15 - 2012-01-08

yep, usualy i just restart ff and it works. after flushing cache it works fine.

BTW, The Detected popup is a nice touch Tongue

- newtothis - 2012-01-08

This looks amazing, Any progress on getting it to run on a synology nas?
with thanks in advance!

- mrkipling - 2012-01-08

gugahoi Wrote:This is a request for developers and advanced users that can provide some valued feedback:

It would be great if you could try out my new REMOTE attempt. It is completely different than the one before as it now works for every key in the keyboard and it also acts exactly as a keyboard attached to the target machine. I believe some kinks might have to be ironed out but all in all it seems to be fully functional now. The pull request is already open here and you can find it in my repositories' "remote" branch. You guys can send me a private message with feedback if you prefer.

Thanks in advance to everyone.

gugahoi did some amazing work here, I'm loving the new remote app (especially the logo in XBMC when it detects Maraschino as a new remote!)

I've just merged it into the master branch, so it's all official now. The only change that I made was to make the remote icon hidden by default - it's in the top-right of the screen, just hover over to reveal it (same as the settings icon).

- N3MIS15 - 2012-01-08

mrkipling Wrote:gugahoi did some amazing work here, I'm loving the new remote app (especially the logo in XBMC when it detects Maraschino as a new remote!)

Agreed, i must have pressed that remote button about 100 times and giggled when i saw that notification Nod

- lowfi - 2012-01-08

mrkipling Wrote:gugahoi did some amazing work here, I'm loving the new remote app (especially the logo in XBMC when it detects Maraschino as a new remote!)

I've just merged it into the master branch, so it's all official now. The only change that I made was to make the remote icon hidden by default - it's in the top-right of the screen, just hover over to reveal it (same as the settings icon).

I just did a git pull but i dont see the remote option yet?

- DejaVu - 2012-01-09

mrkipling Wrote:it's in the top-right of the screen, just hover over to reveal it (same as the settings icon).

Great place to put it for now - this would bring me back to the touchscreen bug though. Pretty pointless on my Android pad.

Perhaps a Click, show, Click, hide option?

- N3MIS15 - 2012-01-09

DejaVu Wrote:Great place to put it for now - this would bring me back to the touchscreen bug though. Pretty pointless on my Android pad.

Perhaps a Click, show, Click, hide option?

touchscreen also doesnt have directional buttons.. so the remote is kinda only half funcional for touch

- DejaVu - 2012-01-09

That'll teach me to comment before looking at it. Smile
Seen it now and thought 'WTF?' I was expecting arrows and bits to appear, not a red button.

Great idea though.

EDIT-
What button for the context menu's to appear?

Also, for this feature, I don't think it should be named Remote control as it's not.
I think a better explanation (or moreso my suggestion) for this is 'Remote Keyboard Projection'.

I can now use any keyboard in the house to control XBMC simply by loading up Maraschino. Seriously Gugahoi, that is fricking superb!

- N3MIS15 - 2012-01-09

DejaVu Wrote:What button for the context menu's to appear?

C i believe..

- DejaVu - 2012-01-09

Doh! lol.
Cheers for that. Shoulda guessed.

- DejaVu - 2012-01-09

Keyboard icon would never have fit so went with a transmitting effect.
Basic, but I think effective.
http://youtu.be/Ido1C7CilYk

- gugahoi - 2012-01-10

DejaVu Wrote:Keyboard icon would never have fit so went with a transmitting effect.
Basic, but I think effective.
http://youtu.be/Ido1C7CilYk

I think I like this, specially the "transmitting effect"

- N3MIS15 - 2012-01-10

in linux, whats the best way to close maraschino when run using 'python Maraschino.py'?

- gugahoi - 2012-01-10

N3MIS15 Wrote:in linux, whats the best way to close maraschino when run using 'python Maraschino.py'?

ctrl + c in the terminal window

- N3MIS15 - 2012-01-10

thanks. but i was hoping for a way to close it remotely when it has been started localy.. maybe i should have explained that..

If Mar2zz can get pid files working he would be my god right now Big Grin

i am trying to make a script to upgrade my maraschino install by first closing it then using wget to get the files from master and move them to overwrite current install (unraid server would have to install git every boot to git pull)

i have the wget stuff sorted, i just need a way to kill maraschino.