Kodi Community Forum
Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC (/showthread.php?tid=113136)

- gugahoi - 2012-01-11

Lucleonhart Wrote:Yaaay, Couchpotato.
... but the snatched stripe is completely not matching the maraschino style with this odd 3D look. Sad

Fair enough. I;m not the greatest artist but I was quite pleased with that one, however it is true that it is not matching maraschino's style but maybe someone else will be willing to make better ones for me?

castortray Wrote:You mean v2 from this post ?
where did you download it ?

Ye, that's the one but it is still in extreme alpha version I believe. It is available on git and to be used only for feedback purposes.

- Mar2zz - 2012-01-11

I think if you make those snatched things more transparent it matches more. They are nice I think, but should be semi-transparent, and perhaps a little smaller.

- mrkipling - 2012-01-11

gugahoi Wrote:Fair enough. I;m not the greatest artist but I was quite pleased with that one, however it is true that it is not matching maraschino's style but maybe someone else will be willing to make better ones for me?

I'm more than happy to fix the styling, gugahoi. It's already looking pretty good (better than before) and shouldn't take me too long. As you know, I'm pretty ill and off work right now, so it might be a little while before I can do any real work on Marascino (Sunday is what I'm aiming for - I need rest before then).

But the module seems pretty sweet, and as a CP user I'm eager to get this one merged in.

Thanks for the work!

- mrkipling - 2012-01-11

IRC users: There is an official Maraschino IRC channel. Details are as follows:
  • Server: irc.freenode.net
  • Channel: #maraschino

Currently it's mostly us developers talking about technical things and the way forward for Maraschino. Sometimes we lurk, so may not always be available. Feel free to drop in - if you're having configuration problems and we're online, feel free to ask. Also, aspiring developers - drop in and get involved. Tell us what you think!

- mrkipling - 2012-01-11

Warning: This is a mostly a technical update that developers might get more from! Opinions from all people with opinions are welcome though.

N3MIS15 Wrote:I made a couple scripts to make my life easier on my unraid machine. They were only intended for personal use, but maybe someone will get some use from them...

Is this an auto-update script for Maraschino? If so then good work!

However, I recently (before seeing this) opened up a related ticket on Lighthouse which I think might be a slightly more elegant solution:

https://maraschino.lighthouseapp.com/projects/85614/messages/54328-streamlined-setup-process

The basic idea is:
  • Choose ONE method of serving Maraschino; choose either CherryPy's WSGI server or Werkzeug (haven't decided yet), and probably drop the Apache method of serving Maraschino. 1 method of serving (Sickbeard and CouchPotato's approach) makes things a lot simpler to debug when people have errors, and means that we can really works out the kinks in the installation process and make things a lot simpler (as there's only 1 vs 2 or 3 different methods to deal with).

• Implement an auto-updater; running this would pull the latest version, run a migrations script (if the database models have been changed, meaning no more broken databases when we change serious things), and restart the web server so that you can refresh and start using right away. I honestly think that with enough work this could make Maraschino as easy to install as the gold-standards SB/CP. No command line faffing - load up Maraschino, see that there is an update, click to update, automatically reload the page, BAM - you're using the latest version.

• Plus we would get to remove all of kinks from the installation process, update the documentation, and really make a concerted effort to make Maraschino as easy to install as the other leading "XBMC/HTPC" stack.

Those are some considerable positives. Drawbacks though:
  • People using Apache (msyelf included) would have to use whatever stable but easier to configure server (e.g. CherryPy WSGI, Werkzeug) that Maraschino decides on. This would require a config change. In the long-term for the project though I feel it's worth it, and I personally wouldn't mind - I already set this up for SB/CP, why not for Maraschino? It would be a mild annoyance for some, but it is very early stage software and this approach would be beneficial long term (have to think about the bigger picture).

I also want to look into some other options; migrations tools, MongoDB (as that would eliminate the need for a strict schema, also eliminating the need for migrations - kinda feel it might be way overkill vs. SQLite though - all things that need to be thought about) - and how SB/CP do auto-updating.

The Lighthouse ticket is going to be where we discuss this stuff and ultimately decide in a plan, so if you're interested in this kind of thing then you might want to give your 2 pennies.

- Lucleonhart - 2012-01-11

I have one *request* for the SickBeard Module:
I am here in germany, so the "Soon" Tab that is shown whenever i open Maraschino is !completely! useless for me. ^^

So i would like to set which Tab to open on default or to remove the soon tab or whatever. ^^ I really Like the history for example.

Thanks for the grrrrrrrreat work!

- j1nx - 2012-01-11

Lucleonhart Wrote:I have one *request* for the SickBeard Module:
I am here in germany, so the "Soon" Tab that is shown whenever i open Maraschino is !completely! useless for me. ^^

So i would like to set which Tab to open on default or to remove the soon tab or whatever. ^^ I really Like the history for example.

Thanks for the grrrrrrrreat work!

What does the "Soon" tab have anything to do with your geographical location?

- gugahoi - 2012-01-11

j1nx Wrote:What does the "Soon" tab have anything to do with your geographical location?

That was going to be my question exactly. I believe my timezone difference is much worse but shows are at most 16 hours off which definitely does not render it unusable. It should be possible to reorganize things as requested tho but I do not understand why.

- DejaVu - 2012-01-11

CouchPotato overlay should just be the word 'Snatched' in a top right hand corner div like the Sickbeard Banners use IMO - perhaps have the Rety link in there also if possible?

- N3MIS15 - 2012-01-11

mrkipling Wrote:Is this an auto-update script for Maraschino? If so then good work!
It backs up existing db and settings.py, then downloads latest master and puts them back.

- DejaVu - 2012-01-11

This also looks promising. OpenElec are going to try to create an addon that will install Maraschino from within XBMC.

Might be an idea to keep an eye on this development.

http://openelec.tv/forum/19-feature-suggestions/19282-maraschino-htpc-web-server-interface#22714

- ness151 - 2012-01-11

gugahoi Wrote:Not supported. You need to update to Eden (nightly or beta) if you want XBMC compatibility on Maraschino.

Alright, that did it. Now I just need it to get these images to display. I'm not sure why it isn't doing that.

- dannycorker - 2012-01-12

The way I was running Maraschino (using screen) on unRAID dosn't seem to have been a very wise move. Seems to eat lots of RAM and getting a clean shutdown is a nightmare. So can someone nudge me in the right direction of how best to do it? A line added to the go script makes most sense to me, but last time I tried that I managed to make boot hang lol, I'm sure that was my fault though and someone can give me a better line to use?

- Oakey - 2012-01-12

Am I supposed to see upcoming episodes in the sickbeard module? It appears to be setup correctly but I'm not seeing anything show up.

- gugahoi - 2012-01-12

ness151 Wrote:Alright, that did it. Now I just need it to get these images to display. I'm not sure why it isn't doing that.

Are you using authentication in XBMC? If so, you will need to set it in the settings.py page or go into the XBMC webserver and login than go back to maraschino and should be fine.

Oakey Wrote:Am I supposed to see upcoming episodes in the sickbeard module? It appears to be setup correctly but I'm not seeing anything show up.

Yep that's one of the pages. What do you see? What is you setup? Without any info is hard to help.

@everyone:

Just wandering wether you like this => http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFccrFfsvXw

For some reason the "server settings" page was bothering me since it took just about the entire 1st column so I was trying to think of a nice way to change it. Suggestions are always welcome...