Kodi Community Forum
Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC (/showthread.php?tid=113136)

- gugahoi - 2012-01-13

hellow Wrote:Same happens here if i turn on the remote.

Same questions as ^^.

- Begall - 2012-01-13

Light does turn green. I strongly doubt it's a port forwarding issue as everything is happening on the internal network.

- gugahoi - 2012-01-13

Begall Wrote:Light does turn green. I strongly doubt it's a port forwarding issue as everything is happening on the internal network.

Do you get e little notification box on XBMC saying "New device detected - Maraschino" or something similar?

Oh you'll also need to activate the EventServer. Go into Settings > Network > "Allow programs on other systems to control XBMC"

- Begall - 2012-01-13

gugahoi Wrote:Do you get e little notification box on XBMC saying "New device detected - Maraschino" or something similar?

Oh you'll also need to activate the EventServer. Go into Settings > Network > "Allow programs on other systems to control XBMC"

Heh yeah, that fixed it. Thought it was turned on already, my bad.

- ness151 - 2012-01-13

gugahoi Wrote:It is most likely authentication problems. It happened on MFP and now on Maraschino. If you are on Chrome or Firefox, have a look in you javascript console and you will most likely have a bunch of "401 unauthorized" requests. Log into SB's and XBMC's web pages and most image issues should be fixed. (For SB I noticed just clicking on the "History" tab will bring up password authentication and should fix any SB image loading problems)

Followed your suggestions, Sickbeard didn't ask me to login (which I found odd), also logged into xbmc but that didn't fix it either. decided to restart Sickbeard, and noticed that in the sickbeard log it shot up an error 10061.

- gugahoi - 2012-01-13

ness151 Wrote:Followed your suggestions, Sickbeard didn't ask me to login (which I found odd), also logged into xbmc but that didn't fix it either. decided to restart Sickbeard, and noticed that in the sickbeard log it shot up an error 10061.

Hm that error code is related to SB. Better to look it up with them. What are you using in the hostname field?

- ness151 - 2012-01-13

gugahoi Wrote:Hm that error code is related to SB. Better to look it up with them. What are you using in the hostname field?

I'm not using my local address (as I have it DMZ'd for testing purposes.)

- gugahoi - 2012-01-13

ness151 Wrote:I'm not using my local address (as I have it DMZ'd for testing purposes.)

Can you find the path to the image itself and see if you can access it from there?

Should be something like
Code:
http://IP : PORT/vfs/special://etc....tbn
for XBMC
and
Code:
http://IP : PORT/showPoster/?id=123123
for SB

- ness151 - 2012-01-13

gugahoi Wrote:Can you find the path to the image itself and see if you can access it from there?

Should be something like
Code:
http://IP : PORT/vfs/special://etc....tbn
using this, the output gave me:
chrome Wrote:Traceback (most recent call last):
File "cherrypy\wsgiserver\__init__.pyo", line 1202, in communicate
File "cherrypy\wsgiserver\__init__.pyo", line 506, in parse_request
File "cherrypy\wsgiserver\__init__.pyo", line 553, in _parse_request
File "cherrypy\wsgiserver\__init__.pyo", line 706, in parse_request_uri
ValueError: need more than 1 value to unpack

At first, but I refreshed again, and was able to get an image from a movie.
After that, it started to work again. Thank you for your help with this. I really appreciate it.

- Begall - 2012-01-13

Hmm ok sorry to be difficult but the 'Maraschino could not be reached' errors are reoccurring. Right after I posted last night I reset the system for unrelated reasons and the errors returned with no notification in XBMC that a keyboard was connecting.

Coming back from work today and it didn't work, and then it did, for a little while. Then I turned the keyboard on/off again and poof, back to non-functional. No idea what's going on because I've turned on the uPnP server and it's 100% turned on.

I wonder if either Maraschino or XBMC isn't timing out the connection correctly?

Edit: On further reflection I think it's a conflict with the XBMC Constellation app I have on my iPhone. If I wait a while since I last used it, Maraschino's keyboard works fine. But it will fail if used in the few minutes after my phone has connected.

- DejaVu - 2012-01-14

OMFG!

I have just realised I can now use my Laptop keyboard to operate my ATV2 with the fantastic Keyboard add-on gugahoi has created.
Sure as shit beats using that poxy Apple Remote.
Chalk up another great reason for using Maraschino!!!

--EDIT
My next post on XBMC Forums better be a goodun. Wink
Bring on the Spam Police.
<----

- steve1977 - 2012-01-14

This has evolved nicely. Just pulled the latest stable release and it works well. A few things:

Feature requests (small in nature)
1) SABnzbd widget - possible to show "remaining" only for the specific file and not for the whole queeu (used to be this way at earlier stage)
2) Sickbeard widget
- I love the "view" from the "history view" with the small banners; would it be possible to implement the same view for "soon" as well
- The orange bubble with the number of "missed episodes" is too eye catching and not in line with the overall Maraschino look&feel; would be great to see this changed
- there is a media tag showing up when selecting a show (xvid in my case); how is this determined as most of my media is in HD and should not be in xvid?
3) Would be great if the distance between the widgets could be smaller; ideally would love to have the "playing now bar" and on top of that being able to see "recently movies (3)" and "recently TV (3)" without scrolling
4) Really very much liked the "old" way how applications were opened in a window inside the window. Understand that devs didn't like this way, but there was hope that you guys come up with a new better way than now
5) Possible to add media tag to the library for both movies and TV episodes (showing: 1080p, 720p, 480p)

Feature requests (large in nature)
* Subsonic widget (to allow to play music from a widget)
* ipad, iphone and android app (rather than watching it in a browser

And one question - understand there are plans to remove the apache install process. this is unfortunate for me, but understand that it is a pain to support both. Using the cherrypy, is it still possible to use wsgi to run it on apache or would this option be completely gone? Is there still a way to keep my other apps using reverse proxies (e.g., my URL/sickbeard), for which I use Apache and then have some other way to run Maraschino via my-url?

- Mar2zz - 2012-01-14

Where did you read apachesupport is gonna drop? Think you misunderstood something, as mrkipling is also an apacheuser, I am sure he won't drop support for it.

- gugahoi - 2012-01-14

Mar2zz Wrote:Where did you read apachesupport is gonna drop? Think you misunderstood something, as mrkipling is also an apacheuser, I am sure he won't drop support for it.

https://maraschino.lighthouseapp.com/projects/85614/messages/54328-streamlined-setup-process

steve1977 Wrote:This has evolved nicely. Just pulled the latest stable release and it works well. A few things:

Feature requests (small in nature)
1) SABnzbd widget - possible to show "remaining" only for the specific file and not for the whole queeu (used to be this way at earlier stage)
2) Sickbeard widget
- I love the "view" from the "history view" with the small banners; would it be possible to implement the same view for "soon" as well
- The orange bubble with the number of "missed episodes" is too eye catching and not in line with the overall Maraschino look&feel; would be great to see this changed
- there is a media tag showing up when selecting a show (xvid in my case); how is this determined as most of my media is in HD and should not be in xvid?
3) Would be great if the distance between the widgets could be smaller; ideally would love to have the "playing now bar" and on top of that being able to see "recently movies (3)" and "recently TV (3)" without scrolling
4) Really very much liked the "old" way how applications were opened in a window inside the window. Understand that devs didn't like this way, but there was hope that you guys come up with a new better way than now
5) Possible to add media tag to the library for both movies and TV episodes (showing: 1080p, 720p, 480p)

Feature requests (large in nature)
* Subsonic widget (to allow to play music from a widget)
* ipad, iphone and android app (rather than watching it in a browser

And one question - understand there are plans to remove the apache install process. this is unfortunate for me, but understand that it is a pain to support both. Using the cherrypy, is it still possible to use wsgi to run it on apache or would this option be completely gone? Is there still a way to keep my other apps using reverse proxies (e.g., my URL/sickbeard), for which I use Apache and then have some other way to run Maraschino via my-url?

They are all valid requests but we are all either busy or working on a few other things at the moment so if you (or anyone else) want to jump in and make the modifications yourself we'd be happy with the help, otherwise it may take a while for those to get into master.

- mrkipling - 2012-01-14

Just accepted a bunch of pull requests, and made some styling tweaks.