Kodi Community Forum
Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC (/showthread.php?tid=113136)

- gugahoi - 2012-01-22

oneadvent Wrote:Hello. I am having some issues. I was trying to add a module (trying my hand at python) and then I rebooted maraschino and now I can't get it to come up, just fails silently:
Code:
oneadvent@oneadvent-desktop:~/.maraschino$  sudo service maraschino restart
* Maraschino: not running
* Starting Maraschino                                                   [ OK ]

Is there anyway to see why it is failing?

If you are trying to develop something I would run it from the terminal. Do this:

Code:
sudo service maraschino stop
cd path/to/maraschino
python Maraschino.py

this way you can usually see if there are any problems. Also remember that your database may be giving errors.

- steve1977 - 2012-01-22

gugahoi Wrote:What browser are you using? Do you have a firewall? XBMC's eventserver runs on port 9777. Do you ever see a "Detected new connection - Maraschino" on you XBMC?

Using Chrome, don't see the "detected" message in XBMC. no firewall (at least none I am aware of). How can I find out whether port 9777 is blocked?

*edit* the basic "play & pause" works (not with the remote, but with "old" Maraschino functionanility. Shouldn't that also be using eventserver, so this could be excluded as an error?

- gugahoi - 2012-01-22

steve1977 Wrote:Using Chrome, don't see the "detected" message in XBMC. no firewall (at least none I am aware of). How can I find out whether port 9777 is blocked?

*edit* the basic "play & pause" works (not with the remote, but with "old" Maraschino functionanility. Shouldn't that also be using eventserver, so this could be excluded as an error?

Nope they use different protocols. Is there any feedback at all? Also can you post a screenshot of your XBMC > settings > network ?

- steve1977 - 2012-01-22

gugahoi Wrote:Nope they use different protocols. Is there any feedback at all? Also can you post a screenshot of your XBMC > settings > network ?

No feedback at all from XBMC. I am getting the error message on the notebook, from which I am accessing Maraschino from ("could not reach maraschino").

Below my network settings:

Share video and music libraries through upnp - no
allow control via upnp - no
allow via http - yes (8080, no user name and no password)
allow program on this and other systems to control - both yes
anounce these services to other systems via zeroconf - yes
airplay conten - yes (no password)

- gugahoi - 2012-01-22

steve1977 Wrote:No feedback at all from XBMC. I am getting the error message on the notebook, from which I am accessing Maraschino from ("could not reach maraschino").

okay, can you try and go to
Code:
http://your.maraschino.path/remote/connect

and post what you see?

- karandras24 - 2012-01-22

steve1977 Wrote:No feedback at all from XBMC. I am getting the error message on the notebook, from which I am accessing Maraschino from ("could not reach maraschino").

Hmmm i've just tried with my works MBP on lion and i can connect fine from any other machine.

Do you have reverse proxies or sabnzb running on the same machine / network?

Could change the port on xbmc to something else like 8082 and give it a try?

Firefox and Keyboard - ReducedToZero - 2012-01-22

Hi Guys,

Really liking Maraschino, very well designed and functional. Thanks for all your work on it!

The only issue I've had was that remote keyboard functionality didn't work for me in Firefox 9.0.1. Although the connection to XBMC worked as expected, the keydown functions never fired in javascript.

In my case this was fixed by modifying line 843 and line 863 of /maraschino/static/js/index.js to bind the keydown event to 'html' rather than 'body' (Firefox behaves unexpectedly with an onkeydown event bound to body).

Hope that helps someone.

'Zero

-----
XBMC Eden-pre (Beta 2) | Windows Vista | Aeon Nox Git.
-----
On a long enough timeline. The survival rate for everyone drops to zero.

- gugahoi - 2012-01-22

ReducedToZero Wrote:Hi Guys,

Really liking Maraschino, very well designed and functional. Thanks for all your work on it!

The only issue I've had was that remote keyboard functionality didn't work for me in Firefox 9.0.1. Although the connection to XBMC worked as expected, the keydown functions never fired in javascript.

In my case this was fixed by modifying line 843 and line 863 of /maraschino/static/js/index.js to bind the keydown event to 'html' rather than 'body' (Firefox behaves unexpectedly with an onkeydown event bound to body).

Hope that helps someone.

'Zero

-----
XBMC Eden-pre (Beta 2) | Windows Vista | Aeon Nox Git.
-----
On a long enough timeline. The survival rate for everyone drops to zero.

That is actually a known Firefox bug and has pissed many developers (including me). If you update to Firefox 10 beta it works as expected. It's nice to know that you found a way to make it work tho... thanks for notifying.

- two_OH_five - 2012-01-22

N3MIS15 Wrote:Been messing with the media module.
Added Music Library
Added ability to queue songs/episodes/movies
Moved update/clean video library to relative sections and added update/clean music library

The queue parts may need some cosmetic touchups but it should be functional..

anyone willing to test?

https://github.com/N3MIS15/maraschino/tree/musiclibrary

Working fine for me - nice job

Would be nice to auto queue anything else in the folder to give a play album type function but there's always the direct web interface or that

- oneadvent - 2012-01-22

gugahoi Wrote:If you are trying to develop something I would run it from the terminal. Do this:

Code:
sudo service maraschino stop
cd path/to/maraschino
python Maraschino.py

this way you can usually see if there are any problems. Also remember that your database may be giving errors.

Awesome thanks! It was the database. Totally missed it.

- oneadvent - 2012-01-22

So this is weird, I can start it manually on port 80 but not with the startup service.

Maybe a permission issue?

- N3MIS15 - 2012-01-23

two_OH_five Wrote:Working fine for me - nice job

Would be nice to auto queue anything else in the folder to give a play album type function but there's always the direct web interface or that

I was thinking this myself, will be easy to implement. I will get onto it when I get home from work.

- DejaVu - 2012-01-23

gugahoi Wrote:Hey guys. Check it

Still WIP and compatible only with CP v2 which is extremely buggy right now but already in development.

I've been mooching around your Git gugahoi and can see you have been seriously busy. I was just wondering how this was coming along and if it exists on your git yet? Or have you pulled the plug for now?

Just updated to CPServer (v2) and wondered if it could be used yet. (I realise it's still buggy. Wink)

- N3MIS15 - 2012-01-23

I got sidetracked while working on queueing directories for the media module and decided to make queueing look prettier first.

pressing the plus toggles queueing. After clicking it, clicking a file will be queued insted of played and clicking it again will return to normal.

- mrkipling - 2012-01-24

N3MIS15 Wrote:I got sidetracked while working on queueing directories for the media module and decided to make queueing look prettier first.

pressing the plus toggles queueing. After clicking it, clicking a file will be queued insted of played and clicking it again will return to normal.

Looks useful! Is there a pull request for this? I'm planning on going through a bunch of requests this weekend.