Kodi Community Forum
Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC (/showthread.php?tid=113136)

- HarryRosen - 2011-11-04

Dejavu looking at your screen shot when you hit the seasons under the library does your shows list? mine does not it just looks like it's loading

- mrkipling - 2011-11-04

Livin Wrote:One non-coding suggestion -- You might want to create 2 separate forum threads to keep things cleaner and easier to follow:

1) User Support

2) Features & Status Updates (reserve the first 4 posts for yourself) & Feature Requests

I've seen so many popular threads become impossible to follow and repeated posts bog things down since the threads are too big and combine too many different subjects.

just a thought.

Nice idea - no other projects have more than 1 thread on this forum though (at least not to my knowledge) and I wouldn't want to be presumptuous Smile

For now, user support and suggestions can go in this thread, and people can file actual bugs on GitHub.

I plan on adding a development blog to the website as soon as I can, but right now I'm deep in developing this in-page configuration stuff. Or perhaps Twitter would be a better way of informing people of changes. Or just posting here.

Thoughts?

- DejaVu - 2011-11-04

Twitter sux.

Just keep us upto date in here, but keep the OP fresh with links to main announcements in the thread so people dont get lost. Wink

@HarryRosen
My Series/Seasons/Episodes is working perfectly.
Have you checked you ports are correct? With XBMCLive I have had to use the direct IP Address as opposed to the Server Name.

- HarryRosen - 2011-11-04

hmm my server part looks like this

SERVER = {
'hostname': '192.168.1.146',
'port': '8080',
'username': 'xbmc',
'password': 'xbmc'
}

i wonder if it's because i use mysql

- mrkipling - 2011-11-04

HarryRosen Wrote:hmm my server part looks like this

SERVER = {
'hostname': '192.168.1.146',
'port': '8080',
'username': 'xbmc',
'password': 'xbmc'
}

i wonder if it's because i use mysql

If you can see currently playing info and recently added episodes then you are accessing the XBMC API which means that SERVER is configured correctly.

When did you last update your XBMC installation? And I'm assuming that you're running the dev server in a console - if so, does anything get printed here when you try to load episodes in the library module?

- HarryRosen - 2011-11-05

I am using an oct 20 build I believe, I don't have the dev screen up since my putty session got disconnected it just continues to run and I don't know how to kill the process

- steve1977 - 2011-11-05

Was just making an attempt to run it on Win7x32. I have activepython installed and thought I could just give it a test run double-clicking the htpcfrontend.py file. This is how it works for headphones and other python files.

Given that this does not work, I was curious what I would need to install to make it run (as test first to try it out). Besides activepython, I have Uniserver installed, which currently serves MFP nicely.

Thoughts?

- DejaVu - 2011-11-05

Edits are needed to make this run at the moment Steve, albeit not the best option at the moment. Something I think MrK is working on is to load this the same as SB or CP using CherryPY.

Read this post and change the htpcfrontend.py as mentioned, then try running it.

Been watch the changes unfold on the branches and he certainly is beavering away at this! Big Grin

- steve1977 - 2011-11-05

DejaVu Wrote:Edits are needed to make this run at the moment Steve, albeit not the best option at the moment. Something I think MrK is working on is to load this the same as SB or CP using CherryPY.

Read this post and change the htpcfrontend.py as mentioned, then try running it.

Thanks for your quick reply. Unfortunately, I am using Win7 and not Linux. I did the change you suggested. When running from command line, error is "no module called flask". Appears, activepython and uniserver don't include that and I need to manually install it? Any link relevant for Win7x32? I googled, but didn't find a clear answer.

- gugahoi - 2011-11-05

steve1977 Wrote:Thanks for your quick reply. Unfortunately, I am using Win7 and not Linux. I did the change you suggested. When running from command line, error is "no module called flask". Appears, activepython and uniserver don't include that and I need to manually install it? Any link relevant for Win7x32? I googled, but didn't find a clear answer.

There ari instructions for windows here. Just go carefully through them and it should install flask...

- steve1977 - 2011-11-05

gugahoi Wrote:There ari instructions for windows here. Just go carefully through them and it should install flask...

Thanks. I have installed flask by executing the commands from within my marschino directory. I succeeded to install Flask 0.8 and when I redo the steps, it also tells me that it has been properly installed.

However, when clicking htpcfrontend.py, I am still getting the following error message:

> Import error: no module named flask

Any additional thoughts?

- mrkipling - 2011-11-05

DejaVu Wrote:Edits are needed to make this run at the moment Steve, albeit not the best option at the moment. Something I think MrK is working on is to load this the same as SB or CP using CherryPY.

Been watch the changes unfold on the branches and he certainly is beavering away at this! Big Grin

No edits required - if you know how to set up a web server then you can run Maraschino Wink

Although I guess if you want to run the dev server on a different port then you have to edit htpcfrontend.py as mentioned, which isn't ideal as you lose these changes when updating the repository. I'll make it a setting and push it shortly.

Edit: I've just pushed a change to the master branch. You can now specify PORT='5050' (or whatever you want) in settings.py and the dev server will now run on this port. It also binds to 0.0.0.0, so you can now access it over a network, not just on 127.0.0.1.

- mrkipling - 2011-11-05

steve1977 Wrote:Was just making an attempt to run it on Win7x32. I have activepython installed and thought I could just give it a test run double-clicking the htpcfrontend.py file. This is how it works for headphones and other python files.

Given that this does not work, I was curious what I would need to install to make it run (as test first to try it out). Besides activepython, I have Uniserver installed, which currently serves MFP nicely.

Thoughts?

I'm afraid that I don't have Windows so am unsure of the specifics of how to get it to run, but the link that gugahoi posted (quoted below) should prove pretty helpful.

gugahoi Wrote:There ari instructions for windows here. Just go carefully through them and it should install flask...

- steve1977 - 2011-11-05

Did anyone succeed to get this working with Windows?

Followed instructions in the link, but don't get it to work. Is there some easier / different way? I read in this thread that it is supposingly easier to set up than MFP, so I am quite sure that I am just lost...

- Razor_109 - 2011-11-05

DejaVu Wrote:I now have maraschino/htpcfrontend auto loading if anyone is interested.
It's ugly, but it works if anyone is interested. It means that the installation instructions are going to need to change though -

also - it's just a start script. Nothing in it to kill it, but I do not think there is any need seeing as things change really well on the fly anyway. No need to restart the server etc.

Example,
You will now git clone to /home/user/.maraschino instead of in the apache folder.

I shall draft up some instructions and post it shortly - it will also need a permanent port.
I chose 5050 to avoid other programs, unless there are any other objections?

EDIT-
This is pretty simple for anyone with minor knowledge of Linux, but thought I'd post it anyway seeing as everyone seems to be having problems.

First, reclone to your user (check it) directory -
Code:
git clone https://github.com/mrkipling/maraschino.git /home/xbmc/.maraschino
.......CUT...

Running it with with -q (sudo python htpcfrontend.py -q) doesnt work for me, it still holding the shell when i execute the command.

razor@mediacenter:/opt/lampp/htdocs/maraschino$ sudo python htpcfrontend.py -q
* Running on http://0.0.0.0:5050/
* Restarting with reloader

Same when executing with yout init.d script:

razor@mediacenter:/opt/lampp/htdocs/maraschino$ sudo /etc/init.d/maraschino start
Starting Marashino
* Running on http://0.0.0.0:5050/
* Restarting with reloader

Anything else i have to change to make it run in the background?