Kodi Community Forum
Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC (/showthread.php?tid=113136)

- Nikos312 - 2012-02-05

I have the following problem.. When playing a movie or tv show it loads the proper fanart, but when it stops the fanart is still on the background. I have to refresh in order to return to default background..

- mrkipling - 2012-02-05

Lucleonhart Wrote:Just downloaded the latest version and i cannot save anything...
It always resets everything whatever i type in and press save, it resets after reloading the page..
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6451985/maraschino.PNG

I would try the following:

* Clear your browser's cache (try opening Maraschino in an incognito window; if it works, it's probably an issue with cached content) - it's probably this, as the CSS in your screenshot looks messed up, and the JavaScript has changed since you last updated

* Restart your web server (always required after updating, just in case you forgot)

* If all else fails, delete your database file (although this should only be necessary if you've been using an unofficial repository, updating Maraschino shouldn't break the database)

- mrkipling - 2012-02-05

Nikos312 Wrote:I have the following problem.. When playing a movie or tv show it loads the proper fanart, but when it stops the fanart is still on the background. I have to refresh in order to return to default background..

This is the expected behaviour, I kinda liked having the fanart persist. I'm open to changing it though; what do people prefer?

- karandras24 - 2012-02-06

mrkipling Wrote:This is the expected behaviour, I kinda liked having the fanart persist. I'm open to changing it though; what do people prefer?

I'd personally prefer it, if it switched back to the std background once the video has stopped playing.

But thats just me?

How about making it optional, like a setting in the server settings menu?

- TeKo - 2012-02-06

Really nice update

- DejaVu - 2012-02-06

karandras24 Wrote:I'd personally prefer it, if it switched back to the std background once the video has stopped playing.

But thats just me?

How about making it optional, like a setting in the server settings menu?
Makes sense I guess, just a tick box saying 'Persistent Fanart after viewing" should be able to accomplish this no?
I cant say I noticed really. Maraschino is not permanently loaded for me and I find refreshing the page no big deal. Laugh

Made a new Pull Request MrK for the recent youtube video you liked for the improved 'Real Estate' on the Library widget.
I've noticed it quite seriously since you've merged it.

Here is the side-by-side improvement Demo! Wink
Before on left, After on right.

Notice the Filter field is now 'skinned' to match in Chrome.

Also have one last commit to make to it which is cosmetic. (Done).

- ReducedToZero - 2012-02-06

mrkipling Wrote:This is the expected behaviour, I kinda liked having the fanart persist. I'm open to changing it though; what do people prefer?

A vote for persist (as it does now) from me Smile

'Zero

-----
XBMC Eden-pre (Beta 2) | Windows Vista | Aeon Nox Git | Maraschino Git | AWXi stable.
-----
On a long enough timeline. The survival rate for everyone drops to zero.

- skabyss - 2012-02-07

I personally would like to see it as optional. That is, if the option would be simple to incorporate, it couldn't hurt could it?

- paavoris - 2012-02-07

skabyss Wrote:I personally would like to see it as optional. That is, if the option would be simple to incorporate, it couldn't hurt could it?

I vote for this. :p This way everyone should be happy.

(If this is not possible or it is hard to implement, I vote for non-persisting fanart.)

- krish_2k4 - 2012-02-07

hey guys new to this, just getting it setup.

Is the sabnzbd widget supposed to disappear when downloading is finished and appear again when downloading? Is there a way to still display the widget when it is idle?

- TeKo - 2012-02-07

Nope I dont think you can change that atm.
Would be really nice to add some basic controls like pause/start and maybe bandwith limit.

- gugahoi - 2012-02-07

TeKo Wrote:Nope I dont think you can change that atm.
Would be really nice to add some basic controls like pause/start and maybe bandwith limit.

In the latest update you can resume/pause the queue and I have already implemented the code to change the speed limit just need to do add some js to have it completely functional

- DejaVu - 2012-02-07

krish_2k4 Wrote:hey guys new to this, just getting it setup.

Is the sabnzbd widget supposed to disappear when downloading is finished and appear again when downloading? Is there a way to still display the widget when it is idle?
This is classed as a feature.
It was deemed pointless to have a module hogging room on the screen if it's idle.

If something exists in Sab's list and is paused, Sab is visible, if not. S'gone.

- cable_guy - 2012-02-07

I asked in the LaSi thread but no joy, so I hope you don't mind me asking here.

Does anyone know to what extent LaSi installs Maraschino? I am unsure about what it exactly has installed, i.e. whether it's installed the webserver portion or not.

- krish_2k4 - 2012-02-07

DejaVu Wrote:This is classed as a feature.
It was deemed pointless to have a module hogging room on the screen if it's idle.

If something exists in Sab's list and is paused, Sab is visible, if not. S'gone.

fair enough.