Kodi Community Forum
Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC (/showthread.php?tid=113136)

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - mrkipling - 2012-03-25

Have just pushed midgetspy's changes to images from the XBMC API. They are now served by Maraschino instead of being hotlinked, which means that you shouldn't get broken images or be prompted to enter your username and password.

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - steve1977 - 2012-03-25

(2012-03-25, 12:27)mrkipling Wrote: Have just pushed midgetspy's changes to images from the XBMC API. They are now served by Maraschino instead of being hotlinked, which means that you shouldn't get broken images or be prompted to enter your username and password.

This is fantastic. Now the auto-updater that someone has started to work on, and this is perfect. There will also remain some even newer and cooler functions, but soon the fundamentals are all there!!!

One question - I just tried to update and didn't see today's version yet. How long does it usually take to become accessible?

Re: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - robweber - 2012-03-25

I created a github account and did a fork of the maraschino project. Ill start adding the uTorrent stuff and send a request to merge it back in soon. Thanks for the help.

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - DejaVu - 2012-03-25

(2012-03-25, 15:19)steve1977 Wrote: One question - I just tried to update and didn't see today's version yet. How long does it usually take to become accessible?

Instantly.
Did you git pull?

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - percula - 2012-03-25

(2012-03-25, 12:27)mrkipling Wrote: Have just pushed midgetspy's changes to images from the XBMC API. They are now served by Maraschino instead of being hotlinked, which means that you shouldn't get broken images or be prompted to enter your username and password.

Humm something goofy... all of the images are gone now, when I check the URL for the images they are all pointing to http://192.168.125.101:8080/vfs/

Specs, did a pull for Marashino at 12:20 MST, and update to Eden 11.0 at 12:10 MST, running on apache platform.

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - _Mikie_ - 2012-03-25

So about that updater.. https://github.com/Mikie-Ghost/maraschino/tree/updater

It currently isn't integrated into the GUI sadly. I still need to work out how to do that and how to shut-down Maraschino. Any help appreciated.

Basically you have to manually run updater.py and it will check if there is an update and then prompt you to allow it to update. Please note that IT DOES NOT shut-down Maraschino so I advise you do that before updating. It is also experimental. I have tested it a couple times and it works but there may be bugs.

Once you download it you need to run it once so it can check what version you have. It will then download the master from the main repo not mine and all future updates will be checked against the main repo and its main branch. If you edit the .py file you will see you can change the repo and branch quite easily.

Please let me know of any bugs or better yet send pull requests.

Thanks

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - ClayM - 2012-03-26

The fixes for the auth on the images works great - however the "currently playing" image doesn't show (has the same/old problem)

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - percula - 2012-03-26

(2012-03-25, 21:37)percula Wrote:

Humm something goofy... all of the images are gone now, when I check the URL for the images they are all pointing to http://192.168.125.101:8080/vfs/

Specs, did a pull for Marashino at 12:20 MST, and update to Eden 11.0 at 12:10 MST, running on apache platform.

Three reboots later, and they are back...

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - N3MIS15 - 2012-03-26

(2012-03-26, 01:52)ClayM Wrote: The fixes for the auth on the images works great - however the "currently playing" image doesn't show (has the same/old problem)

I have a fix for library info images on my local install, will look into currently playing when I get home from work and send a pull request.

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - DejaVu - 2012-03-27

I think I've found a bug with the Sickbeard module and the Adding a Show part of it.

Searching and the search results works, but I still get the error 'Could not reach Maraschino' message everytime I press enter.
Can someone check this is happening for them too please.

--EDIT
Also needs a 'X' to close the search results incase it doesnt find a match. No way of closing it at the moment.

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - pipermac - 2012-03-27

Does anyone know How I can make the Interface to be only one column rather then three? (make empty columns collapse)

I would like it if I only had items in one column then I could make the browser window narrow so that all that can be seen is the one column. Right now if you narrow down the browser window the three columns all get squeezed.

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - mrkipling - 2012-03-27

(2012-03-27, 14:45)pipermac Wrote: Does anyone know How I can make the Interface to be only one column rather then three? (make empty columns collapse)

I would like it if I only had items in one column then I could make the browser window narrow so that all that can be seen is the one column. Right now if you narrow down the browser window the three columns all get squeezed.

A single-column mode would actually be pretty easy to implement. Perhaps if the browser window size is smaller than, say, 500px then it could automatically switch to a single column layout. Is this how you imagined it working?

EDIT: to clarify, you would still use a three-column layout when viewing at a normal size. When resizing the browser window to be very narrow, columns two and three would appear underneath column one instead of beside it, creating one long, narrow column.

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - DejaVu - 2012-03-27

That would be cracking for Android phones!

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - mrkipling - 2012-03-27

(2012-03-27, 17:47)DejaVu Wrote: That would be cracking for Android phones!

Note to self: make sure that single column layout takes into account min-device-pixel-ratio: 2
Smile

RE: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC - pipermac - 2012-03-27

That would be great. I have all my stuff on a Virtual machine and I am using Joomla to interface with everything. If I can get a single column Maraschino then I could implement it as a module within Joomla. Smile