Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Watchlist script (was 'Adding Plex's 'On Deck' feature to XBMC') - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: Skin helper addons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=300)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Watchlist script (was 'Adding Plex's 'On Deck' feature to XBMC') (/showthread.php?tid=113702)

- ferent - 2012-01-09

When I play with the plugin Movie Quiz, or when I want to see a few seconds of the film I've recently downloaded (to see the video quality), the watchlist script updates my "in progress films".
It's possible to update only the "in progress film" when I see a film more than 5 minutes? (for example)
Sorry for my bad english :-)

- Hitcher - 2012-01-09

That is the whole point of the script though.

- ferent - 2012-01-09

Hitcher Wrote:That is the whole point of the script though.

Could you explain me that, please?

- Martijn - 2012-01-09

ferent Wrote:Could you explain me that, please?

When you stop a movie while playing or you finish it the watchlist script is triggered to run.
Watchlist will retrieve information stored in the xbmc database. So if the movie you just played appears in the watchlist it means that it has been marked as partially watch in the xbmc database.

Nothing this script can do about that. It just searches the database and this is how it is intended to work.

- `Black - 2012-01-09

I think he would like the script to update only if he has watched a movie longer than 5 minutes or so. Would be a good addition I think because if you just quickly browse the movie and you don't want it to update. Would also solve the problem with the movie quiz addon.

- Martijn - 2012-01-09

`Black Wrote:I think he would like the script to update only if he has watched a movie longer than 5 minutes or so. Would be a good addition I think because if you just quickly browse the movie and you don't want it to update. Would also solve the problem with the movie quiz addon.

Problem is the movie is already marked as partially watch in the database. So even when you don't execute the script on just watching 5 minutes it will still show up the next time the script is run when you fully watch another movie/episode, play an album or do a restart of xbmc

- ronie - 2012-01-09

Martijn Wrote:Problem is the movie is already marked as partially watch in the database.

afaik xbmc will only add a resume point if at least 3 mins of the video have been played.
might be a good value to use in the script as well?

offtopic, but maybe worth mentioning,
there's an advanced setting in case anyone wants to alter the default value:
Quote:<ignoreatstart>15</ignoreatstart>
<!-- Number of seconds to ignore at video start after which a resume point is created -->

- ferent - 2012-01-09

ronie Wrote:afaik xbmc will only add a resume point if at least 3 mins of the video have been played.
might be a good value to use in the script as well?

offtopic, but maybe worth mentioning,
there's an advanced setting in case anyone wants to alter the default value:

WOW, greeeeat! XBMC rules!

- mortstar - 2012-01-10

othrayte Wrote:I t is quite possible that the method used currently can be made to work on XBMCs side, I just have no idea how much effort it will require.

I can understand where you are coming from, but the changes are very small and should be almost identical across the add-ons.

There is one halfway solution which I personally would like to see, the ability for a skin to play an item by its id (movieid, episodeid etc) as this should line
it up with the way that the jsonrpc play requests happen. I the solution that I had presented I modified the add-on to pass the id, which is two lines of code per video type, I then changed the plugins onclick to send that id back to the add-on as a play request and in the add-on I implemented a handler that caught that and passed it on via a jsonrpc command. I reallity that last bit could be avoided by simply having the script pass the id to XBMC to play it.

Having used your workaround for a week or so to get watchlist sending details on to trakt I've found a fairly major flaw.

One of the purposes of Watchlist is to be able to easily resume partially watched programs. However, using your method of sending the play command to XBMC seems to bypass the XBMC check of whether the file has been partially watched and instead the file begins from the beginning automatically with no dialog presented for resuming from the last played position.

- GJones - 2012-01-10

How did I miss seeing this until I started using xperience1080? In light of not noticing this script, I had built a script (shell script + mysql + sed, not python) to pull a list of exclusions from the mysql database based on viewing pattern.

The query returns a list of "bad" shows not to be used in the playlist. The final playlist generated then includes unwatched episodes that are less than x weeks old and not in the bad list. The bad list excludes any show where the date of the first unwatched episode is more than x weeks old (meaning I am not actually watching it).

Congrats on a more elegant solution than mine.

- othrayte - 2012-01-10

mortstar Wrote:Having used your workaround for a week or so to get watchlist sending details on to trakt I've found a fairly major flaw.

One of the purposes of Watchlist is to be able to easily resume partially watched programs. However, using your method of sending the play command to XBMC seems to bypass the XBMC check of whether the file has been partially watched and instead the file begins from the beginning automatically with no dialog presented for resuming from the last played position.

That would be a problem, but I don't believe that is how it works or is meant to work. I use the same method inside TraktUtilities and I think I remember seeing the continue messages, I'll need to check some things at my end, but if I forget to get back to you in a day or so just remind me that I was going to look into it.

- vzey - 2012-01-12

where's the download link??
how do I get it working with say xeebo or refocus or alaska?

- Hitcher - 2012-01-12

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/addons/eden-pre/script.watchlist/

Although it should be automatically downloaded when you get a skin that uses it.

XeeBo - Settings > Skin Settings > Home Lists

Then select which ones you want to use from the following -

Unfinished Movies
Ongoing TV Shows
Most Played Albums

Alaska doesn't use it yet and I'm not sure about refocus.

- Martijn - 2012-01-12

Hitcher Wrote:Alaska doesn't use it yet and I'm not sure about refocus.

reFocus does use it Nod

Remember Eden11.0 only

- `Black - 2012-01-12

Quick question... is it supposed to be that watchlist doesn't show up in the add-on repository and you currently have to download it manually because automatic downloading of the requirements in the addon.xml of a skin doesn't work? Same for randomitems. Because automatic downloading doesn't work I wanted to add a button pointed to "addons://search/watchlist" so the user could easily install it if it's missing.