Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Watchlist script (was 'Adding Plex's 'On Deck' feature to XBMC') - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: Skin helper addons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=300)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Watchlist script (was 'Adding Plex's 'On Deck' feature to XBMC') (/showthread.php?tid=113702)

- Hitcher - 2012-02-17

bthusby Wrote:I have request for the watchlist script.

Sometimes I am very interested in a TV show that I haven't watched for a while because the show has been in a hiatus or a small break. When an episode for such a TV show is available in the library it should come right in as the first recommended episode to watch.

Maybe TV Shows could be prioritized in such a way?

You think this is a good idea?

That's pretty much what I'd like to see -

Hitcher Wrote:There's one thing that bugs me a little and that's the episodes of shows that I watch weekly sometimes getting lost from the list because of completed shows I'm watching.

I'd prefer it if they bumped to the top of the list because as soon as they're watched that show wouldn't be listed again until there was another new episode available.

Thoughts?

- `Black - 2012-02-17

Good idea but XBMC doesn't provide such an info so we cannot know that you want some shows to be always in front if there's a new episode.

- Hitcher - 2012-02-17

Doesn't it store Date Added?

- skimshady - 2012-02-17

`Black Wrote:Good idea but XBMC doesn't provide such an info so we cannot know that you want some shows to be always in front if there's a new episode.

You can have logic saying: when all episodes of a TV show is finished watched, and suddenly a new episode is available, no matter how long time after, add it to watchlist.

Agree?

- Hitcher - 2012-02-17

I think you'll find it does, or at least it would if the list was long enough, but because the date of the lasted watched episode is so long ago it wont appear in the list.

In my case I have loads of shows that are complete (ie finished and archived) on the go along with current shows (ie still airing). Now if an airing show gets a new episode added it might not appear on the list because I've watched too many archived show in-between last weeks episode.
Ideally I'd like it bumped to the front of the list because it's been added after the watched date of the other shows. This would mean that one of my archived shows gets pushed off the list but once I've watched the new episode it will reappear.

Hope that makes sense.

- Martijn - 2012-02-17

Hitcher Wrote:I think you'll find it does, or at least it would if the list was long enough, but because the date of the lasted watched episode is so long ago it wont appear in the list.

In my case I have loads of shows that are complete (ie finished and archived) on the go along with current shows (ie still airing). Now if an airing show gets a new episode added it might not appear on the list because I've watched too many archived show in-between last weeks episode.
Ideally I'd like it bumped to the front of the list because it's been added after the watched date of the other shows. This would mean that one of my archived shows gets pushed off the list but once I've watched the new episode it will reappear.

Hope that makes sense.

Makes sense yes Smile
There is/was talk about adding the added date to the library so you can use the 'date added' field for filtering such things. Don't know if it went in or it is still a pending PR. Will do some searching.

Edit:
Still pending so will probably go in post Eden11.0.
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/672

- Hitcher - 2012-02-17

If it's not in yet how does XBMC sort by 'Date Added' currently which is used for Recently Added stuff?

- othrayte - 2012-02-17

Hitcher Wrote:If it's not in yet how does XBMC sort by 'Date Added' currently which is used for Recently Added stuff?

It goes by the order they were inserted into the db in, each item gets an id greater than the last. So it knows the order but not the actual date/time.

- Hitcher - 2012-02-17

Can that be used then?

- `Black - 2012-02-17

bthusby Wrote:You can have logic saying: when all episodes of a TV show is finished watched, and suddenly a new episode is available, no matter how long time after, add it to watchlist.

Agree?

No that's not what the watchlist should do imo. Let's say I'm currently watching 4 shows but I'm collecting episodes for 10 shows because I also want to watch them but not now. It would bug me if every time I add an episode of a show I'm not currently watching gets bumped on top of the list.

All items get added to the list, sorted by last played but some might be not visible because the skin you're using only displays a few items.

@Hitcher
Completed shows won't get added to the list again if you've already watched them and do a re-run. Only if there are unwatched episodes. However if this is not the case, I'll take a look at it.

- T800 - 2012-02-17

Is it possible to remove a show from the list?
Lets say I watch one episode of Seinfeld as a one off and it enters the watchlist. Is there any way I can delete it from the list?

Also is there anyway to set how much of the show or movie is watched before it enters the watchlist?
Quite often if I add a new movie or TV show and I want to watch a minute or two it is added to the list even though I don't really want it on there.

- Martijn - 2012-02-17

T800 Wrote:Is it possible to remove a show from the list?
Lets say I watch one episode of Seinfeld as a one off and it enters the watchlist. Is there any way I can delete it from the list?
Nope. You will have to watch some other shows first to get it of the list.

Quote:Also is there anyway to set how much of the show or movie is watched before it enters the watchlist?
Quite often if I add a new movie or TV show and I want to watch a minute or two it is added to the list even though I don't really want it on there.

Yes you can using advancedsettings.xml
There you can control how much time you need to watch something before it gets added 'in progress'

- `Black - 2012-02-17

There is a way, seek to the end of the episode, let XBMC finish it and mark it as unwatched after that. Episode will be removed from the list if you restart XBMC.

@Martijn
The watch list script uses the default values, at least for the instant update. So changing them could currently result in confusion.

- Martijn - 2012-02-17

`Black Wrote:There is a way, seek to the end of the episode, let XBMC finish it and mark it as unwatched after that. Episode will be removed from the list if you restart XBMC.

@Martijn
The watch list script uses the default values, at least for the instant update. So changing them could currently result in confusion.

pressing "W" on the episode sets it watched and pressing "W" again sets it unwatched. You could try this then if that works.

But wouldn't that only result in updating the script? The library still handles the 'watching status' or am I thinking the wrong way here? This will only be for that particular user.

- `Black - 2012-02-17

Mark as watched and then unwatched (resets also last played) works, too. But you have to run the script after that for an update, my fast update does only work if you actually play something. I think this really needs to be implemented natively, otherwise some parts will never work very well, especially updating the list after a database update. Natively this would last few seconds at most but currently you would need to fetch everything from the database again and you can't know when the database is updated if the user hides the update dialog.