Kodi Community Forum
Artwork Downloader - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Artwork Downloader (/showthread.php?tid=114633)

RE: Artwork Downloader - Powerhouse - 2014-01-22

So I've been trying to get a better handle on Artwork for Music Videos, and when I use AD to scan my Music Videos folder, all artists come back with an "ID Not Found". So what ID are they looking for, and from where?

Music Brainz? TheAudioDB? AllMusic? And how would I include this ID into an .NFO file that AD would pick up and download the correct Artwork?

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

RE: Artwork Downloader - Lunatixz - 2014-01-23

Is there anyway to hide the notification popup when you call art.downloader using runscript?
I used silent=true, but I still get a popup that art.downloader is searching and how many were downloaded....

RE: Artwork Downloader - disrupted - 2014-01-23

+1 I would like to know that as well. hopefully there is an easier way instead of changing the whole code of the add-on ourselves @Lunatixz

Re: RE: Artwork Downloader - Martijn - 2014-01-23

(2014-01-23, 00:46)Lunatixz Wrote: Is there anyway to hide the notification popup when you call art.downloader using runscript?
I used silent=true, but I still get a popup that art.downloader is searching and how many were downloaded....

That used to work at some point that it didn't show the popup when playing video. It now seems broken. When not playing video it will pop up and I won't remove that.

RE: Artwork Downloader - Lunatixz - 2014-01-23

(2014-01-23, 07:50)Martijn Wrote:
(2014-01-23, 00:46)Lunatixz Wrote: Is there anyway to hide the notification popup when you call art.downloader using runscript?

That used to work at some point that it didn't show the popup when playing video. It now seems broken. When not playing video it will pop up and I won't remove that.

If you can restore the silent popup during playback, that would be great!

RE: Artwork Downloader - LEDFan - 2014-01-24

When using manual mode (I know there is an option in the settings to centralize the files, but this is not want I want) is there a way to get the Foldernaming like this: (Note the "." in front of the folder name:

|
---/Movie 1/
|
---/.extrafanart/
---/.extrathumbs/

This is because I also have a WD Live TV Huv and the extrafanart and extrathumbs folders are displayed and I would like to get rid of them. If I add a ".", they don't show. Is there a way to change the code somewhere? I would do it myslef if I know the directions how to.

RE: Artwork Downloader - Simzer0 - 2014-01-25

Hi all, yesterday i launch the auto mode scan for add some new artwork on my movie library but the addon take long time to complete this operation and at last will change all my fanart. Now all movie add on library artwork downloader at first scan change my fanart, what's wrong? Someone can help me?

I use XBMC Gotham last version (nightly)
and Aeon MQ5 last version

Thx

RE: Artwork Downloader - LEDFan - 2014-01-26

Well, I'll try to explain what I'm trying to do and I try to figure out how Artwork Downloader works.

I summarize my system :
Windows 7 64 bit, 16 GB memory with Frodo 12.3 and Aeon Nox 4.0.9 with Artwork Downloader 12.0.23
NAS Synology DS -210 +, 6 TB
Webdav access to my movies
I 'm not with a sql database and do not want to (for technical reasons)
One local networked master station
I have 5 external and one local networked stations (mostly for my family scattered in different cities who get access to my NAS ) .
One directory for my movies (I cannot change this due to another system used in parallel for which one movie per folder do not work very well).

Like I said, all my movies are all in the same directory for the reasons mentioned above. I cannot change my storage system. Actually, to feed all other local and external networked positions, so that their media libraries reflects what I have in my master station, I export my database into separate files, with thumbnails, posters and actors. This way, they always have exactly the same thing as me because I set their positions for their media libraries to be updated automatically when opening XBMC. So far, so good, I never had any problems working that way.

This is until I started to play with cd art and Artwork Downloader, where everything became complicated for me . I suppose I don't understand enough what is database caching etc.This is what I'm trying to find a way to:

1 - Successfully automate a process so that all my current movies (well, those for which a CD or Disc art is provided) display that CD or Disc art in my library. Is that possible using my folder structure? ( I know I 'm not in an ideal situation and the requested structure asked by Artwork Downloader, with all my movies in the same directory). I'm just trying to understand how eveything works. If this cannot be achieved automatically, I resign myself to do it manually, at least to update my actual library for all my movies. Then, when I would add more movies, I would do them one by one. This is what I 'm confused with: The "disc.png" and movie_name-discart.png files. What is the difference between the two? Which one is used? Both? Which one is written in a database and what is written exactly?

2 - Once my movies will be well tagged with CD or Disc art, if I export my library using separate files, etc. (as mentionned above), will the other networked stations also import correctly my CD or Disc art so that can reflect what I have on my own master station?

This is what I'd like to get but the way to get there is difficult because I don't understand much of the process yet. I read the wiki but I still don't get it. I hope that I have explained my situation well enough.

RE: Artwork Downloader - Milhouse - 2014-01-26

(2014-01-26, 06:43)LEDFan Wrote: 1 - Successfully automate a process so that all my current movies (well, those for which a CD or Disc art is provided) display that CD or Disc art in my library. Is that possible using my folder structure? ( I know I 'm not in an ideal situation and the requested structure asked by Artwork Downloader, with all my movies in the same directory). I'm just trying to understand how eveything works. If this cannot be achieved automatically, I resign myself to do it manually, at least to update my actual library for all my movies. Then, when I would add more movies, I would do them one by one.

You can do it semi-automatically, using the script in my sig in combination with mklocal.py (on the same github). Search the link in my sig for mklocal.py details (or start reading from here). If you're not comfortable working at a command line, then it's most likely not for you.

(2014-01-26, 06:43)LEDFan Wrote: This is what I 'm confused with: The "disc.png" and movie_name-discart.png files. What is the difference between the two? Which one is used? Both? Which one is written in a database and what is written exactly?

disc.png is used when you have one movie per folder. However the "movie_name" prefix is required when you have multiple movies in the same folder, as you have. AD only creates (and reads) local artwork using the former naming convention, so any artwork AD downloads will use the same "discart.png" artwork file, which isn't likely to be very useful when you have more than one movie in the same folder. As things stand you are unable to use the "Use local files" option in AD, so leave that disabled, which means AD will only associate your movies with remote (http://) artwork - it won't actually download anything.

And since it's not actually downloading anything, this is where mklocal.py comes in, as it will download that remote artwork (in its original quality, not the crud you will be exporting from your library), and will create correctly named movie-name-prefix filenames, which you can then set on your movies using texturecache.py.

Knock up a simple little two or three line script for yourself that runs mklocal.py/texturecache.py and you can run this script each time you run AD (heck you can even have texturecache.py run AD for you, in silent mode), and then you'll have discart, clearart, whatever-art stored in your local directories, correctly named with the movie prefix, and associated with your movies (replacing any remote urls).

(2014-01-26, 06:43)LEDFan Wrote: 2 - Once my movies will be well tagged with CD or Disc art, if I export my library using separate files, etc. (as mentionned above), will the other networked stations also import correctly my CD or Disc art so that can reflect what I have on my own master station?

This is what I'd like to get but the way to get there is difficult because I don't understand much of the process yet. I read the wiki but I still don't get it. I hope that I have explained my situation well enough.

Sure, use mklocal.py in readonly mode on each client to find the non-standard artwork that isn't already in the library and it will set it for you. You can then pre-load the cache on that client too, if you want.

RE: Artwork Downloader - Lunatixz - 2014-01-27

(2014-01-26, 07:17)MilhouseVH Wrote:
(2014-01-26, 06:43)LEDFan Wrote: 1 - Successfully automate a process so that all my current movies (well, those for which a CD or Disc art is provided) display that CD or Disc art in my library. Is that possible using my folder structure? ( I know I 'm not in an ideal situation and the requested structure asked by Artwork Downloader, with all my movies in the same directory). I'm just trying to understand how eveything works. If this cannot be achieved automatically, I resign myself to do it manually, at least to update my actual library for all my movies. Then, when I would add more movies, I would do them one by one.

You can do it semi-automatically, using the script in my sig in combination with mklocal.py (on the same github). Search the link in my sig for mklocal.py details (or start reading from here). If you're not comfortable working at a command line, then it's most likely not for you.

(2014-01-26, 06:43)LEDFan Wrote: This is what I 'm confused with: The "disc.png" and movie_name-discart.png files. What is the difference between the two? Which one is used? Both? Which one is written in a database and what is written exactly?

disc.png is used when you have one movie per folder. However the "movie_name" prefix is required when you have multiple movies in the same folder, as you have. AD only creates (and reads) local artwork using the former naming convention, so any artwork AD downloads will use the same "discart.png" artwork file, which isn't likely to be very useful when you have more than one movie in the same folder. As things stand you are unable to use the "Use local files" option in AD, so leave that disabled, which means AD will only associate your movies with remote (http://) artwork - it won't actually download anything.

And since it's not actually downloading anything, this is where mklocal.py comes in, as it will download that remote artwork (in its original quality, not the crud you will be exporting from your library), and will create correctly named movie-name-prefix filenames, which you can then set on your movies using texturecache.py.

Knock up a simple little two or three line script for yourself that runs mklocal.py/texturecache.py and you can run this script each time you run AD (heck you can even have texturecache.py run AD for you, in silent mode), and then you'll have discart, clearart, whatever-art stored in your local directories, correctly named with the movie prefix, and associated with your movies (replacing any remote urls).

(2014-01-26, 06:43)LEDFan Wrote: 2 - Once my movies will be well tagged with CD or Disc art, if I export my library using separate files, etc. (as mentionned above), will the other networked stations also import correctly my CD or Disc art so that can reflect what I have on my own master station?

Sure, use mklocal.py in readonly mode on each client to find the non-standard artwork that isn't already in the library and it will set it for you. You can then pre-load the cache on that client too, if you want.

I hope to have some time to play around with your texture tool... Ever consider writing a GUI for it? From the looks of the readme, and configuration sample... I need to do some homework before using it Wink

RE: Artwork Downloader - Milhouse - 2014-01-27

(2014-01-27, 01:22)Lunatixz Wrote: Ever consider writing a GUI for it? From the looks of the readme, and configuration sample... I need to do some homework before using it Wink

No, I prefer command lines! Smile

RE: Artwork Downloader - gregh77 - 2014-01-27

if you wanna use locals files for TV shows only and not for movies, can that be done?

RE: Artwork Downloader - Milhouse - 2014-01-27

No.

RE: Artwork Downloader - Bone9 - 2014-01-27

I'm having problems which my disc art.

I want my disc art in the movie folder with the other files eg, fanart, no, cover etc. I'm not sure where it saves it by default and quite a lot of my movies have none download ed via the addon.

If i manually search for the disc art i can download it and set it with no problems. Why does it not do this automatically?

Any tips or advise would be great. Thanks.

RE: Artwork Downloader - Milhouse - 2014-01-28

AD saves the artwork alongside your movies if you have "Use local files" enabled. If you don't enable "Use local files", it will associate your movies with internet-hosted artwork.

If it's not finding artwork you think is available, then enable debug log (wiki) and then enable the "Debug" option in AD - you may then be able to work out what is going on by looking at the log. Upload the log to pastebin if you can't. Nobody will be able to help without a debug log.