Kodi Community Forum
Artwork Downloader - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Artwork Downloader (/showthread.php?tid=114633)

RE: Artwork Downloader - Bone9 - 2014-01-28

Ok so i don't have use local files enabled, I'll set that. How do i clear the old Internet hosted files?

I'll try to get a log but I'm a noob. Thanks for the info.

RE: Artwork Downloader - Lunatixz - 2014-01-28

(2014-01-23, 07:50)Martijn Wrote:
(2014-01-23, 00:46)Lunatixz Wrote: Is there anyway to hide the notification popup when you call art.downloader using runscript?
I used silent=true, but I still get a popup that art.downloader is searching and how many were downloaded....

That used to work at some point that it didn't show the popup when playing video. It now seems broken. When not playing video it will pop up and I won't remove that.

Any chance of getting this fixed?

RE: Artwork Downloader - polly - 2014-02-01

I have a question on what exactly does local files means under settings ? Currently I setup a new xbmc 12.3. Added movies to source by Win-SMB. All my artwork is located locally on the Nas. The movies scraped fine poster, fanart showing. But my AD add-on settings local files is off.

My questions are :

1. What does local files mean?
2. If local files was disabled then how did xbmc scrape the movies correctly i.e. Poster, fanart background.
Is it because have all my local fanart, nfo on the Nas?

3. I just ran AD and it's literally stating download 1000s of fanart. But I'm checking my Nas - movie folders and the fanart is not getting override. Thank god for that.
4. So where exactly is it downloading?

PC info : Lenovo Q190 Win 8.1

Thank you for your kind assistance in advance....

RE: Artwork Downloader - Milhouse - 2014-02-01

1. It means AD will read local artwork if it exists, and it will create local artwork if it doesn't exist (which isn't much good if you only want AD to read what is already there, but not create anything new).

2. You poster and fanart would have been scraped by the standard movie scraper - you don't need AD to scrape local poster/fanart.

3. Processing efficiency is an area that could be improved...

4. If you don't enable "Use local files" it won't download anything, AD will just create artwork entries for your movies in the media library that reference remote (web-based) artwork. If you do enable "Use local files", any new artwork will be downloaded and written alongside your movies, and artwork entries for these local files added to your media library. Note that the filenames created for local artwork will only be suitable if your movies are stored single movies per folder, you'll just get junk artwork added to your media library if you have multiple movies per folder.

RE: Artwork Downloader - polly - 2014-02-01

(2014-02-01, 08:41)MilhouseVH Wrote: 1. It means AD will read local artwork if it exists, and it will create local artwork if it doesn't exist (which isn't much good if you only want AD to read what is already there, but not create anything new).

2. You poster and fanart would have been scraped by the standard movie scraper - you don't need AD to scrape local poster/fanart.

4. If you don't enable "Use local files" it won't download anything, AD will just create artwork entries for your movies in the media library that reference remote (web-based) artwork. If you do enable "Use local files", any new artwork will be downloaded and written alongside your movies, and artwork entries for these local files added to your media library. Note that the filenames created for local artwork will only be suitable if your movies are stored single movies per folder, you'll just get junk artwork added to your media library if you have multiple movies per folder.

Okay I understand. Yeah my movie are in individual folders - movie name (year).
Files are:
movie name (year).BD.poster.jpg
movie name (year).BD.banner.png

I assumed local artwork meant it will use the existing artwork that you already have in your movie folders. Guess not.

Thanks for the clarification. Much appreciated...

RE: Artwork Downloader - Vaikin - 2014-02-01

(2014-02-01, 09:24)polly Wrote:
(2014-02-01, 08:41)MilhouseVH Wrote: 1. It means AD will read local artwork if it exists, and it will create local artwork if it doesn't exist (which isn't much good if you only want AD to read what is already there, but not create anything new).

Okay I understand. Yeah my movie are in individual folders - movie name (year).
Files are:
movie name (year).BD.poster.jpg
movie name (year).BD.banner.png

I assumed local artwork meant it will use the existing artwork that you already have in your movie folders. Guess not.

Thanks for the clarification. Much appreciated...
If you have local files enabled, and then let AD run, it will use the artwork in the media folders...if you have them named correctly.

See this for naming conventions.

RE: Artwork Downloader - Martijn - 2014-02-01

option will come soon that is will also uses these

RE: Artwork Downloader - BiTeMeNoW - 2014-02-02

any chance to implement settings checking for batch mode? I mean when AD is fired from the skin what is to be downloaded is not the same I setted up in AD, so I have to manualy change it in the skin script files.

I had to change this on Aeon Nox, cause if you use local files, poster and fanart will always be overwritten, so i unchecked those in the settings but when fired from "I" menu or from quick nav still get downloaded and had to modify the skin script to not look for those.

RE: Artwork Downloader - Lunatixz - 2014-02-02

(2014-02-02, 01:21)BiTeMeNoW Wrote: any chance to implement settings checking for batch mode? I mean when AD is fired from the skin what is to be downloaded is not the same I setted up in AD, so I have to manualy change it in the skin script files.

I had to change this on Aeon Nox, cause if you use local files, poster and fanart will always be overwritten, so i unchecked those in the settings but when fired from "I" menu or from quick nav still get downloaded and had to modify the skin script to not look for those.

I don't think local is always overwritten? Local checks if art exist and download if not... Overwrites only when enabled in settings?

RE: Artwork Downloader - BiTeMeNoW - 2014-02-02

if not poster.jpg available in directory then AD will download a poster and xbmc will from now on use this one.

I had custom poster for some movies in my db and after run AD the poster changed to the official one.

It's not that tragic, now I know where to change this behavior, but have to change it on every skin update (I'm lucky that the skin is long time not updated Smile)

may be after the change in AD for using xbmc file naming convention this will be not any more needed Wink

RE: Artwork Downloader - tropicaljoe - 2014-02-03

I have a quick question. Is there a way to exclude certain sources from AD? I have some family videos and it always downloads, in my case "Peter Pan" files. I have custom Poster and fanart already in the movie folder and dont want it to be downloaded or associated with anything but whats already in the folder

RE: Artwork Downloader - gregh77 - 2014-02-04

im having an issue with the main XBMC screen on the movies, Music, and TV shows tabs not showing random fanart from all the files in those folders, where do i set this to use fanart? i tried looking in the settings where it says single or multi-image, but nothing that says use fanart downloaded from internet., and i am guessing i would have to re scrape after selecting this? how do i set that?

thanks

RE: Artwork Downloader - Metallifux - 2014-02-12

Apologies for posting this but 188 pages is a lot to wade through. Is there any way to get Artwork Downloader to work with FTP sources. I've posted in the windows forum about issues with SMB shares which work fine with Artowrk Downloader but doesn't work particularly well with streaming where I experience unexplained dropouts. So I am testing FTP sources using Filezilla as a server. This works fine in Confluence but if I try to use AEON MQ5 and grab artwork the connection to the FTP server fails, I assume due to the way the protocol works. Has anyone had any experience of this and found a solution?

RE: Artwork Downloader - Grinsekatze - 2014-02-14

Hi there I do have a Problem with the AD, maybe you can help me solve it.

I use Frodo (XBMC 12.3), Aeon Nox and AD 12.0.23 (both from the official repo).
Also I sorted my Movies in seperate Folders containing an nfo-file, disc.png, logo.png, clearart.png, poster.jpg, fanart.jpg and a subfolder called extrafanarts with 4 extrafanarts called fanart1.jpg to fanart4.jpg.

In AD Settings I disabled "enable downloading" for Movies, TV Shows and Musicvideos. Also under Advanced I enabled "Use local files".

BUT whenever I try to "download" my local (already existing) files into the database AD is downloading tons of crap from the Internet (like banner, extrathumbs, landscape, new fanarts and other files like poster as long as I dont have them already).

But I don't want AD to download anything from the Internet, just add my local files to the database. Is that somehow possible?

Edit:
Ok, I figured out a way to suppress the behaviour mentioned above:
You have to enable "enable downloading" in Movies, TV Series and Musicvideos. There you have to enable only cdart, logo, clearart, poster and fanart. Also under Advanced you have to enable "Use local files". Then as Long as you have cdart, logo, clearart, poster, fanart and extrafanarts (labeled fanart1.jpg to fanaft4.jpg) AD is just adding them to the Movie-Database. If you dont have selected files AD Downloads them from the Internet too.

I personally belive this is a bit tricky!

Also a Suggestion I make: Let the user decide (ex. within the configuration dialog) how the files should be named. For example: instead of using always poster.jpg or fanart.jpg let the user select the name <moviefilename>-poster.jpg and moviefilename>-fanart.jpg or fanart<number of fanart>.jpg for extrafanarts.
Because I (and I'm sure others too) don't like it when my local files named with Ember Media Manager are not used and instead AD is downloading new and different files.

RE: Artwork Downloader - PhAzE - 2014-02-19

Is there a way to choose the naming convention for downloaded artwork? The following:

banner.jpg
clearart.png
disc.png
landscape.jpg
logo.png

All download properly but are named like shown above, and I wanted to have them named <MovieName>-banner.jpg for example. Is this possible with this script? I had a look through the settings but nothing stood out to me, unless i'm blind and missed it completely.