Kodi Community Forum
Artwork Downloader - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Artwork Downloader (/showthread.php?tid=114633)

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - Eisi2005 - 2012-08-30

Hi,

if i scan a second or third time my library the downloader only search artwork for new movies. I know that there are new artworks for older movies, but the downloader donĀ“t find them. must i set the advanced option "overwrite all existing artwork" in settings ? Or what must i do that all movies will scanned ?

Greets
Eisi

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - Ghostdivision - 2012-08-31

(2012-08-26, 20:54)Martijn Wrote:
(2012-08-26, 20:52)RavenNL Wrote: How come the auto-run is disabled in the latest update? I really liked this feature and never had given me any problems so far.

If you pay our server and the ones for TMDB and TVDB i will enable it again.

These services cost money and this will reduce server load until our financial situation and the one for TVDB is better
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=139076

I know you mentioned this on the cdart thread and how much i appreciate this feature as well as many users.

But could you simply remove run at log-in but still allow it to run at a specified time once a day.... I believe thats what scheduled run time is and what I had begun using the other week before you removed it and i heard about the tvdb issues.

Im trying to do my part donating and letting other users on other forums know about the tvdb, but i am still doing it manually once a day now anyway....in fact the other day i ran it twice by accident i forgot i ran it in the morning. But again this up to you.

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - sarakha63 - 2012-08-31

hi i just have two questions .

When you scan library with AD, will it only scan new movies and not the one it already processed ? (it doesn't seem as it always take the same time) (same question for tv shows)

Is it possible with a full scan not to process some movies (example : some animations i have for my child (they are in another folder but present in my library). As i use a folder for fanart slideshow and don't want to see animations related fanarts)

is it possible for a one movie treatment to have it download everything in once instead of having to choose poster then fanart and so on)

I use aeon MQ4

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - kalfalfa - 2012-08-31

Hi,

Is anyone else having troubles with Artwork Downloader downloading invalid image files? It looks like any file that is bigger then 128 KiB is being truncated somehow - which results in my library being full of files of exactly 128 KiB which are all invalid. I'm not sure if the original files are bigger then this, but I don't see any images which are bigger - all of the valid images are smaller...

I've looked at the images in hex, and they don't start wil valid header bytes, so maybe I'm ending up with the ends of files or something.

This is affecting about 75% of images - jpg and png, including fanart.jpg and poster.jpg files so that in XBMC these just show a lot of blank images in the UI - since the image file exists, XBMC does not try to get a real image...

For example, this image was downloaded as the poster for 2012: http://cf2.imgobject.com/t/p/original/5tIW9nTuxxy8iXSvsKJqFDVZpyg.jpg
-This image is 589,613 bytes
-The hex data at the beginning of my poster.jpg is the same as the data in the original file, starting at byte 0x80000 (512 KiB into the original file) - this continues for 0x10000 bytes (64 KiB)
-The hex data at the position 0x10000 of my poster.jpg is the same as the data in the original file, starting at byte 0x70000 - this continues for 0x10000 bytes and makes up the full 128 KiB.
-This is just messed up!

Media is on an AFP share, and I'm running crystalbuntu on an AppleTV 1.

How can I debug this?

Thanks,
-Patrick

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - javlar - 2012-09-03

Been looking through the thread trying to find out if its possible to make this work for multipath setups.

Tried the link posted here but it seems to be dead.

(2012-04-25, 20:34)Martijn Wrote:
(2012-04-21, 15:27)detroitdr Wrote: Thanks again if you're able to make it support many multipaths in the future.

:>

Getting the multipath set up was more work than actually fixing it Tongue
This will copy all the artwork downloaded to each multipath folder so they will be totally synced.

Please try it out and let me know it you encounter any bugs:
https://github.com/paddycarey/script.artwork.downloader/downloads

Does anyone have any news as to if multipath will ever work or if there is a workaround present? Sorry if I'm asking something that has been answered already.

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - Martijn - 2012-09-03

i doubt it will work for skins.
next xbmc version will change drastically so all may become native and then all will be fixed

You mean it works in the default skin somehow?

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - Martijn - 2012-09-03

(2012-09-03, 20:46)javlar Wrote: You mean it works in the default skin somehow?

no. it will just make it easier for skins shold they wan't to

Ok Smile

I've decided to reorganize my NAS's and servers and what not and put all the series in one folder, will take a while but in either case it's easier to find anyways.

Another question though. I seem to be unable to change the poster once one is downloaded. If I select another one, that one IS downloaded into the directory of the tv-series but within XBMC the first downloaded poster is still shown and I have no idea where that particular picture is.

This wouldn't be a huge deal except it's decided to download some foreign posters instead of english ones and I'd rather have the english ones.

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - CaptainKen - 2012-09-04

(2012-08-22, 13:49)Martijn Wrote:
(2012-08-22, 13:47)tinybutstrong Wrote: XBMC -> Addons -> Artwork Downloader. Running it, will download images for all movies on library, great job, works fine to download extra thumbs/fanart.

Now try XBMC -> movie library -> movie info screen -> the artwork download in all skins I tried (confluence, aeon mq, xperience, etc.. each skin has a particular name for the artwork menu here) just offer a list of each available item to user select one. How I can change it to download all stuff for that movie in a batch (same as run addon "standalone" but for single movie)?

Someone understand my question? Tongue

I want this option because re-check all my library takes ~20 minutes when in reality I just want to get images for one or two movies...

Only Aeon Nox has that feature that I know of. You could try changing this yourself if you know how to edit skins. See the first post to the wiki wich contains the example on how to do that

Is "Get Thumb" item on the Info screen in Aeon Nox the feature that allows you to download all artwork for a single movie?

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - thrak76 - 2012-09-04

(2012-09-04, 17:22)CaptainKen Wrote: Is "Get Thumb" item on the Info screen in Aeon Nox the feature that allows you to download all artwork for a single movie?

No. It's the "Get Artwork" button a couple more spaces to the right. You'll be prompted to "download all available', or if you choose no, can handpick from the categories available (poster, logo, banner, etc.).

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - CaptainKen - 2012-09-04

(2012-06-09, 17:56)Martijn Wrote:
(2012-06-09, 17:50)Bladerunner1962 Wrote: I had read, that I only could use the Artwork Download if I have for
each movie file a special folder on my drive?
Do you all have done so? Hundrets of folders?

Or is it possible to use it on a other way?

Yep all of them have separate folders.
No other way.

There are programs that can split all the movies into folders for you automatic

Will it work if "movie sets" be organized into a movie set folder/collection?

Example:
Media Library\Movies\James Bond Collection

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - Martijn - 2012-09-04

Why don't just try it before asking

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - CaptainKen - 2012-09-05

(2012-09-04, 17:38)thrak76 Wrote:
(2012-09-04, 17:22)CaptainKen Wrote: Is "Get Thumb" item on the Info screen in Aeon Nox the feature that allows you to download all artwork for a single movie?

No. It's the "Get Artwork" button a couple more spaces to the right. You'll be prompted to "download all available', or if you choose no, can handpick from the categories available (poster, logo, banner, etc.).

Thank you, I didn't even notice that you could scroll to the right to reveal hidden choices!

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - vid53 - 2012-09-06

I am really new to the XBMC program and was wondering how to get the artwork down loader to put covers on all my downloaded mkv movie files? It works great on the amazon movies.

Thanks for any help
vid53