Kodi Community Forum
Artwork Downloader - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Artwork Downloader (/showthread.php?tid=114633)

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - WhiskeyAlpha - 2013-03-28

(2013-03-28, 13:15)blondeshanks Wrote: @WhiskeyAlpha

Just checked media folder and I have same files so assume everything you exported is correct and required by XBMC if a fresh install and 'use local art' is performed. As to whether logo.png or clearlogo.png is used how/when I'm not sure... maybe it's for backwards compatibility? Either way, everything works, right?

Yeah, everything works fine.

It's probably that I don't understand some of the requirements or design decisions (I'm sure there's a good reason it behaves this way) but it just seems illogical to duplicate the files if they serve the same purpose. Hopefully Martijn can clear this one up?

If it's already been covered somewhere I apologise in advance. I couldn't find any clear info on this in the wiki or throughout this thread though.

Cheers

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - srnickolas - 2013-03-28

Hello, i use aeon mq4 with frodo in win 7 64.When i use artwork downloader (12.0.14 version) i would like for posters and banners to be stored as poster.jpg and banner.jpg inside each folder,instead they are stored elsewhere.How can i configure artwork downloader to do that?

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - srnickolas - 2013-03-28

Also i know i can export the staff via the settings(export video library),but i want artwork downloader to do this automatically if possible...

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - WhiskeyAlpha - 2013-03-28

Something else I've just noticed is that the exported "<moviename>-<art type>.png/jpg" files are in some case MUCH smaller than the original files downloaded into the local movie directory and of significantly lesser quality:

Original File: poster.jpg | 1000x1500 | 824KB
Exported File: 21 Jump Street (2012)-poster.jpg | 480x720 | 136KB

Martijn - could you possibly shed some light on how this process works? Are the images already compressed before being added to the XBMC DB?

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - Sergiqu - 2013-04-01

Goodnight
First apologize for my English, but it is a translation.
I have problems with AD, even though I select that I want to download arts (logo and discart) the AD I download everything (extrafanarts, landscape, bbaner etc)
Use Frodo, artowrk Downloader 12.0.14, Aeon Nox, Win7 64 and no more data to contribute.
I happen to any of you the same??

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - Milhouse - 2013-04-01

Continuation from here.

(2013-04-01, 14:24)Martijn Wrote: That's what I call a bug in the skin for not properly passing the correct arguments to ONLY download for that particular movie Smile
Not my fault if not integrated properly.
Ha, well it is Confluence Modified... Wink

(2013-04-01, 14:24)Martijn Wrote: What you call unusable filenames "cleart.png" has been the standard since two years.

I know, but unfortunately the addon makes no attempt to support movie name prefixes which is also a well accepted standard.

(2013-04-01, 14:24)Martijn Wrote: What "download" option? Screenshot perhaps.

I mean the option "Overwrite all existing artwork (will be automatically disabled after downloading)" - this is disabled, yet the addon is still dropping files in the filesystem. On the first run it didn't behave in this way (it "downloaded" movie logos/clearart without creating local files, by referencing remote urls) but when calling the "Download Art" option for a specific movie, it writes the files to the local filesystem. And since it is downloading all movies (see first point, above) and using the same clearart.png/logo.png filename for each movie (see second point, above), all movies end up using the same clearart and logo...

(2013-04-01, 14:24)Martijn Wrote: I can include an option to include prefixing movie names.

That would be a killer feature... Wink

Without wishing to push my luck, have you thought about Sets support? In my case, just clearart.png and logo.png would be valid filenames as I have all my movies in individual "set" folders, but then within the set folder I use a movie name prefix for movie specific fanart.

(2013-04-01, 14:24)Martijn Wrote: Efficiently use of local files has been there now for several months. It will always prefer local artwork if you have it like it the common filename convention.
https://github.com/XBMC-Addons/script.artwork.downloader/commit/aa8ebda013d9ce655f3bfe5f0fd27463ff1da831

to keep this thread on topic better continue this in the AD thread if you have any questions/suggestions Smile

From what I recall of my texture cache, the tvshows all had remote http urls for logos and clearart, and not urls for the local versions that are available in the file system (and yes, "use local files" is enabled). I've since wiped out that particular media library and texture cache and not run AD since, but will try again when time permits (I'm currently trying to diagnose a caching/corruption/crashing issue on the Pi so don't want to mess with my local texture cache too much right now).

By the way I have version 12.0.15 installed, is this the latest version (does it auto update?)

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - Martijn - 2013-04-01

will look at the "download" thingy and think on best way to at the moviename prefix.
should be as simple as
PHP Code:
if use_prefix:

filename movie_filename filename 
but this will require some testing because of the well known headaches regarding unicode problems with filenames so this is kinda hard to get right if filenames contain foreign letters/symbols. so will need some gpigs to test this out before publishing it.

the reason this wasn't added was that initially there was no proper way of getting that kind of filename for skins (due to several reasons).
now we can push the location directly to the database and make it easier for skins there should be no problem adding that.

movieset artwork is a no go since there isn't JSON-RPC support for it else i would definitely added that long time ago.
You can do with direct sql database editing however we do not allow such things in official repo. So my hopes are up for this to be added to Gotham.

12.0.5 is latest indeed. should have some additional fixes but not in that area.

OK thanks, I'll keep any eye on this thread and will be happy to test if/when you have something in the area of movie name prefixes! Many thanks.

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - CaptainKen - 2013-04-01

(2013-04-01, 14:44)MilhouseVH Wrote: Continuation from here.

(2013-04-01, 14:24)Martijn Wrote: That's what I call a bug in the skin for not properly passing the correct arguments to ONLY download for that particular movie Smile
Not my fault if not integrated properly.
Ha, well it is Confluence Modified... Wink

(2013-04-01, 14:24)Martijn Wrote: What you call unusable filenames "cleart.png" has been the standard since two years.

I know, but unfortunately the addon makes no attempt to support movie name prefixes which is also a well accepted standard.

(2013-04-01, 14:24)Martijn Wrote: What "download" option? Screenshot perhaps.

I mean the option "Overwrite all existing artwork (will be automatically disabled after downloading)" - this is disabled, yet the addon is still dropping files in the filesystem. On the first run it didn't behave in this way (it "downloaded" movie logos/clearart without creating local files, by referencing remote urls) but when calling the "Download Art" option for a specific movie, it writes the files to the local filesystem. And since it is downloading all movies (see first point, above) and using the same clearart.png/logo.png filename for each movie (see second point, above), all movies end up using the same clearart and logo...

(2013-04-01, 14:24)Martijn Wrote: I can include an option to include prefixing movie names.

That would be a killer feature... Wink

Without wishing to push my luck, have you thought about Sets support? In my case, just clearart.png and logo.png would be valid filenames as I have all my movies in individual "set" folders, but then within the set folder I use a movie name prefix for movie specific fanart.

(2013-04-01, 14:24)Martijn Wrote: Efficiently use of local files has been there now for several months. It will always prefer local artwork if you have it like it the common filename convention.
https://github.com/XBMC-Addons/script.artwork.downloader/commit/aa8ebda013d9ce655f3bfe5f0fd27463ff1da831

to keep this thread on topic better continue this in the AD thread if you have any questions/suggestions Smile

From what I recall of my texture cache, the tvshows all had remote http urls for logos and clearart, and not urls for the local versions that are available in the file system (and yes, "use local files" is enabled). I've since wiped out that particular media library and texture cache and not run AD since, but will try again when time permits (I'm currently trying to diagnose a caching/corruption/crashing issue on the Pi so don't want to mess with my local texture cache too much right now).

By the way I have version 12.0.15 installed, is this the latest version (does it auto update?)

[RELEASE] Movie Set Artwork Automator

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - Martijn - 2013-04-01

Jeez is it that hard to edit the quote and you must quote the entire text Confused

(2013-04-01, 16:57)CaptainKen Wrote: [RELEASE] Movie Set Artwork Automator

Yes, I use it (it's very good!) but its not designed to handle clearart.png/logo.png files which is why I was asking if AD would support it (and not having support in JSON is a very good reason not to bang it into the database regardless). Although, since the GetSetDetails query in JSON return the "art" list or urls (rather than just "fanart" and "thumb" urls), I wonder if JSON would indeed return the clearart and logo urls for a set if they were present in the art database table? Might test that theory later...

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - CaptainKen - 2013-04-01

(2013-04-01, 17:01)Martijn Wrote: Jeez is it that hard to edit the quote and you must quote the entire text Confused

Sorry Martijn.

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - ninian - 2013-04-02

I love this add-on, my only gripe is CDART. It seems to not download CDART in some cases, for example Inglorious Basterds never gets CD ART however I see both a Blu-Ray and DVD cover on fanart.tv. I have many movies like this, is it something I am doing wrong? Does the add-on only care if it is on Blu-Ray or not for CD Art or does it also look at other attributes?

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - seth.feinberg - 2013-04-02

(2013-03-14, 18:27)seth.feinberg Wrote: ...
3) Install and Configure AD on main HTPC client (Here's where I'm looking for advice, obviously I'll need to click the "Use Local Data" option but not clear on much else)
As mentioned in my list, I was looking for advice on AD and how best to implement it in this process optimally in a setup with MOST, but not all metadata already in each TV Show and Movie folder. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry to double post, but does anybody have any comment on the best practice for implementing AD when doing a fresh install? I would like all movies/TV Shows to have banner.jpg AND poster.jpg. I have most of the files downloaded (well posters for movies and banners for tv shows) but they are with the Eden naming convention. I'm just looking for a bit of advice since this is going to take hours (maybe days) and I'd like to get it right the first time...

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - CaptainKen - 2013-04-03

First, understand that I don't have any experience with MySQL.

Other than that, to implement AD simply enable the type of Movies and TV Show and MusicVideo content (poster, banner, etc.) you want AD to download. Assuming that you have also already scraped your fanart you probably want to make sure you also disable fanart, extrafanart and extrathumbs).

Then Launch AD and walk away until morning as the first time it runs will take forever. After that you'll have to run it each time you add more media, but it won't take that long. (Wish there was a way for AD to auto run each time Update Library/Video DB is run.)

All my movies and TV Shows in Eden were each in their own folder so my files are named: tvshow.nfo, movie.nfo, fanart.jpg, poster.jpg, banner.jpg, etc.

Hope this helps!