Kodi Community Forum
Artwork Downloader - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Artwork Downloader (/showthread.php?tid=114633)

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - tzortst - 2013-05-16

Not sure what has happened, but in the past when I selected GUI mode for a tv show it would give me option to select specific posters/banners etc for that tv show

Now when I select GUI it does GUI for all the items, ie it beings up menu for the first tv show, then once i close it it brings up GUI for the next tv show. Only way to get out of it is to close xbmc, as it keeps going to next show in list once you close the downloader

Is this how it is meant to be or it something broken? Never did this in the past...

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - [Tahini] - 2013-05-16

(2013-05-16, 11:10)tzortst Wrote: Now when I select GUI it does GUI for all the items, ie it beings up menu for the first tv show, then once i close it it brings up GUI for the next tv show. Only way to get out of it is to close xbmc, as it keeps going to next show in list once you close the downloader

Ok so it looks like I'm not the only one having this issue Sad

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - Milhouse - 2013-05-16

@Martijn: Would you consider supporting multiple mediatype values as arguments to AD, so that skins can call AD with (for instance) "mediatype=movie,tvshow" and have AD process both of these media types, rather than call AD twice, once with "mediatype=movie" then again with "mediatype=tvshow", or (even worse) with "mode=custom" which will also mean musicvideos are processed.

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - FrigusCor - 2013-05-17

Hi All..

could someone please help me with this addon... i've been searching and reading alot in this thread, but cant seem to find help.. i'm using XBMC on a Windows 7 with XBMC 12 installed. I'm using msSQL to sync libraries between machines.( currently only using one)
I've installed the Add-on, and when i try to start the program. it finishes quickly with 0 items found..
What am i doing wrong?

here is the logfile when running the program -> http://pastebin.com/a1veiQT2

Thanks in advance..

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - User 34959 - 2013-05-17

(2013-05-16, 23:56)MilhouseVH Wrote: @Martijn: Would you consider supporting multiple mediatype values as arguments to AD, so that skins can call AD with (for instance) "mediatype=movie,tvshow" and have AD process both of these media types, rather than call AD twice, once with "mediatype=movie" then again with "mediatype=tvshow", or (even worse) with "mode=custom" which will also mean musicvideos are processed.

Most flexible for skinners would be to be able to specify multiple mediatypes with their own art types at one go.

For example mode=custom, mediatype=movie, art1, art2, mediatype=tvshow, art1, mediatype=musicvideo, art3

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - Milhouse - 2013-05-17

I'm not sure I agree about skins driving the artwork types - I'd leave those to the configuration within AD, as users may be using multiple skins. Your skin may not use all artwork types, but another skin might - the user knows this best and will configure AD appropriately.

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - User 34959 - 2013-05-17

Skin would not drive anything, read the wiki first, then we can arm wrestle about it http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add-on:Artwork_Downloader#Skin_integration_for_running_the_script

Being able to run the script in custom bulk mode does not mean that it takes out any flexibility, it would actually make it more flexible. Skinner could choose to run it always in custom mode where it will automatically download only the art supported by the skin. Some other skin could integrate it differently, by reading the addon settings and only download what is specified in the settings.

All these different modes are already supported, you simply don't have the flexibility to download different art types for different media types at one go, without running it in the mode where AD has to be configured first.

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - VizualDze - 2013-05-18

I'm having the same problem as FrigusCor except I'm using a Raspberry Pi. I am accessing all my media from my PC via a LAN. I can play the files fine, but when I try to find artwork using Artwork Downloader it finishes after a second or two and says it found zero files, can anyone help? Do I need to point this add on to a different location so it's finding my media files?

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - Martijn - 2013-05-19

Version 12.0.16
Changelog:
- A lot of code cleanup

So nothing really changed but I like to know if it still works.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7435592/script.artwork.downloader-12.0.16.zip

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - cw-kid - 2013-05-20

(2013-05-19, 12:37)Martijn Wrote: Version 12.0.16
Changelog:
- A lot of code cleanup

So nothing really changed but I like to know if it still works.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7435592/script.artwork.downloader-12.0.16.zip

Hi

I just installed this version on to my Windows 7 laptop which has XBMC on it. The add-on still works OK in Solo and Gui mode, didn't try Auto.
In the AD settings I have enabled posters and fanart options should AD download these artwork types when using Solo or Auto mode? It never seems to do this for me. But it downloads the other types of artwork images to my file server movie folders OK.

Thanks.

EDIT: I just got AD to download a Poster.jpg via Solo mode for the first time, I had to turn on Overwrite all existing artwork in the AD settings, it then downloaded a Poster.jpg image for this particular movie title I was testing with. Is this expected behaviour, to have enable this overwrite option? There was NO existing Poster.jpg file even present in this movies folder that it had to overwrite anyways.

It did not however download a Fanart.jpg image as I was hoping even though fanart for movies is enabled in the AD settings. Tried several other movie titles and none get a fanart image downloaded.

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - dazz87 - 2013-05-22

Having an issue trying to set AD to use local files. I have about 25 movies that AD cannot find any disc art. I was wondering is there any way I could manually add my disc art to those movies? When I right click on the movie, "Movie Infomation" >Get Artwork>No. All I get is either Poster, Fanart, and Logo. I dont see discart. Just wondering if a movie that AD cant find a discart does that mean there's no way of manually trying to add a local one? I also try placing the discart.png in the same movie folder and re launching AD and still cant view the discart? Am I missing something. All my movies arts are stored locally in each movie folder.

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - gcdlz - 2013-05-22

(2013-05-22, 09:02)dazz87 Wrote: Having an issue trying to set AD to use local files. I have about 25 movies that AD cannot find any disc art. I was wondering is there any way I could manually add my disc art to those movies? When I right click on the movie, "Movie Infomation" >Get Artwork>No. All I get is either Poster, Fanart, and Logo. I dont see discart. Just wondering if a movie that AD cant find a discart does that mean there's no way of manually trying to add a local one? I also try placing the discart.png in the same movie folder and re launching AD and still cant view the discart? Am I missing something. All my movies arts are stored locally in each movie folder.

I had to select yes when in get artwork, it will then get your local discart image.

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - dazz87 - 2013-05-22

Finally figure out why I wasnt able to select my discart. Its turns out that my discart.png has to be name "disc" Once the file is name "disc" I was able to add it manually.

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - dazz87 - 2013-05-24

Just wondering about AD, is there a way that it will update new extrathumb art on the fly? What Im doing right now is manually going in and replacing the old thumbs with new ones that I want to display. In order for AD to update these thumbs what I need to do is rename the movie folder from "Cape Fear" ---> "Cape Fear (1991)" and then do a Update Library. The problem is that I have to do this to all Movies that i want to edit. I also have to go back to load the logo and disc art for each of the new movie. I try hitting the refresh button under Movie Info, but it keeps the same old thumb (even tho there are no longer in the extrathumb folder) instead of showing the new one. Any shortcut I could do to have AD reflect the new thumbs?

RE: [Release] Artwork Downloader - CaptainKen - 2013-05-24

(2013-05-24, 01:05)dazz87 Wrote: Just wondering about AD, is there a way that it will update new extrathumb art on the fly? What Im doing right now is manually going in and replacing the old thumbs with new ones that I want to display. In order for AD to update these thumbs what I need to do is rename the movie folder from "Cape Fear" ---> "Cape Fear (1991)" and then do a Update Library. The problem is that I have to do this to all Movies that i want to edit. I also have to go back to load the logo and disc art for each of the new movie. I try hitting the refresh button under Movie Info, but it keeps the same old thumb (even tho there are no longer in the extrathumb folder) instead of showing the new one. Any shortcut I could do to have AD reflect the new thumbs?

I think if you delete the movie from xbmc and update library and rerun AD it will see new artwork.