Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Official XBMC boblight Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Service Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=152)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Official XBMC boblight Addon (/showthread.php?tid=116331)

RE: [RELEASE] Official XBMC boblight Addon - Memphiz - 2014-08-16

chmod a+rw /dev/bus/usb/004/002 might have fixed it but whatever...

RE: [RELEASE] Official XBMC boblight Addon - Furby8704 - 2014-08-16

(2014-08-16, 16:06)Memphiz Wrote: chmod a+rw /dev/bus/usb/004/002 might have fixed it but whatever...

im going back to openelec
just wanted to actually see the lights in action lol

EDIT:
hmmm still running into "LightPack: error detaching interface 0, error:-5 LIBUSB_ERROR_NOT_FOUND"
ill try your permission

also notice that boblightd wont run my config from userdata anymore have manually type in boblightd -c path/boblight.conf
or else i get ERROR: /etc/boblight.conf: No such file or directory and openelec wont let me write into /etc

RE: [RELEASE] Official XBMC boblight Addon - Furby8704 - 2014-08-18

got my lights working. config was all jacked up so had to manually build it
pretty much light pack can only do 30 channels while every config app i used put 270 because i have 90 leds
lightlack doesnt go by how much leds it has but by each strip

RE: [RELEASE] Official XBMC boblight Addon - bry - 2014-08-19

(2014-08-18, 23:13)Furby8704 Wrote: got my lights working. config was all jacked up so had to manually build it
pretty much light pack can only do 30 channels while every config app i used put 270 because i have 90 leds
lightlack doesnt go by how much leds it has but by each strip

single or dual lightpack?

RE: [RELEASE] Official XBMC boblight Addon - Furby8704 - 2014-08-19

(2014-08-19, 00:11)bry- Wrote: single or dual lightpack?

single

RE: [RELEASE] Official XBMC boblight Addon - fault - 2014-08-25

Can someone who is familiar with this all please let me know if this kit has everything that I would need? Im new to this all, but I am really excited for the possibilities. I am currently running a Win7 HTPC btw

http://www.amazon.com/Adalight-Ambient-Lighting-Ambilight-Boblight/dp/B00E3OUYHS/ref=pd_sim_sbs_e_6?ie=UTF8&refRID=1ZR09KMNY4DPTBYNZHPJ

RE: [RELEASE] Official XBMC boblight Addon - Tommix - 2014-08-28

Hello dear people.... Can anyone help me?

My lights (using Lightpack) comes more quicker then video on screen, so the lightning always goes first & then video changes... this kinda spoils the video a bit Big Grin and i want to sync it so lights will be in sych with video, is there possibility to make lights delay a bit?
I know there is parameter delayafteropen but it doesnt apply to Lightpack.

2nd question:

I don't like that boblight plugin for XBMC works bad.. I mean i see almost grey/black scene and LEDs are red, or violet..which is stupid. I want leds to not glow if scene is black (it doesnt if scene indeed is very black and almost no images). It works nice with OpenELEC they have good plugin, but with Boblight addon for non OpenElec -it sucks...How to make leds to be acurate? Dim leds if scene almost have no colors?

RE: [RELEASE] Official XBMC boblight Addon - Bub4 - 2014-08-28

Tommix

not familiar with lightpack and your delay problem... Should be configurable...
Boblight indeed isn't "stupid" but works perfect after correct config - the value you are looking for is threshold

never blame the addon ^^

RE: [RELEASE] Official XBMC boblight Addon - Tommix - 2014-08-28

(2014-08-28, 16:38)Bub4 Wrote: Tommix

not familiar with lightpack and your delay problem... Should be configurable...
Boblight indeed isn't "stupid" but works perfect after correct config - the value you are looking for is threshold

never blame the addon ^^

Never blame add-on? Big Grin sorry but very stupid quote Big Grin Am developer i know that there is no developer who creates without bugs Smile
But thanks for replay will try threshold.

RE: [RELEASE] Official XBMC boblight Addon - Memphiz - 2014-08-28

You don't know what you are talking. OpenElec uses the same addon as the one we are talking about here in that thread. Its all about configuring the backend/daemon correctly. Surely there are bugs everywhere - but trust me - that addon is pretty good as is already Wink

RE: [RELEASE] Official XBMC boblight Addon - Tommix - 2014-08-29

(2014-08-28, 22:12)Memphiz Wrote: You don't know what you are talking. OpenElec uses the same addon as the one we are talking about here in that thread. Its all about configuring the backend/daemon correctly. Surely there are bugs everywhere - but trust me - that addon is pretty good as is already Wink

No it is not the same. It works absolutely different. the boblight binarry is the same, but not it's controlling. I dont use this plugin in OpenElec. OpenElec have it's own. It doesnt have any configuration option via XBMC as this one does.
OpenElec version is much better. Maybe it's all in the config, and i agree it's in config bu with this plugin i can't make any changes..whatever i change in settings-leds works the same. When i see brown video..night, caves...LEds are ORANGE! With OpenELEC they are dimmed to almost off, which is the correct way to be.
Looks like this ADD-on takes WHOLE video and uses it for LED color, but not the small amount of video in top, left, bottom, right. Led's shouldnt show color which is NOT in their position. LEFT leds shoud not show the color of middle of video. it have to show the color of left side. Smile

With this addon lightpack is just ambilight..which is boring and not responsive. BUT this Addon is good, but it should have option to switch to responsive mode and do not take colors from whole video.

[RELEASE] Official XBMC boblight Addon - Memphiz - 2014-08-30

What you say has to be configured in the backend (blackbars) - do you even Run boblightd somewhere? Color calibration has to be done in boblightd.conf - the addon is only Able to Set Color intensity (saturation), Speed and so on. It can't do anything about wrong calibration in the backend Deamon.

RE: [RELEASE] Official XBMC boblight Addon - Scidd0w - 2014-09-01

I just backed a project called AmbiLED HD on kickstarter.
I hope you will add support for it on boblight just as you did with lightpack.

RE: [RELEASE] Official XBMC boblight Addon - joeblack2k - 2014-09-02

just for future readers:

OpenElec uses "Boblight Daemon" addon to launch the connection between the lights and the computer

the other addon known as "Boblight" is the same for xbmc as it is for OpenElec that addon is the connection between the video and the "boblight daemon"

at this point the latest OpenElec 4.0.6 has a bug with LibUSB and lightpacks don't work with boblight
go back to version 4.0.0

RE: [RELEASE] Official XBMC boblight Addon - Tommix - 2014-09-03

(2014-08-30, 12:49)Memphiz Wrote: What you say has to be configured in the backend (blackbars) - do you even Run boblightd somewhere? Color calibration has to be done in boblightd.conf - the addon is only Able to Set Color intensity (saturation), Speed and so on. It can't do anything about wrong calibration in the backend Deamon.

All i say that OpenELEC runs boblight super good. I have good boblight.conf file, leds works, but colors and so on is stupid. it looks like it doesnt even get that video is almost black.... it only turnoffs leds when there is like 2 lines of text and all the rest is black. Settings amkes no diference, it only makes boblight stop working..

Just saying that default values should be better than it is now.And im thankful for this addon, just want to make it work correctly..as it's in openElec. Even images in this topic (first post) shows how wrong it is (if it's really showing the addon in action Smile ) all leds are the same, even thou the left side of screen is darker. looks like it takes only the most dominant color and uses it for bigger region then that color exists.

Can anyone share with me your config so that lightpack is responsive? and dark scenes makes lights go off.

PS: what setting "VALUE" means? value for what?