Kodi Community Forum
LinksBoks (Links2Browser Web-Browser) integration into XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: LinksBoks (Links2Browser Web-Browser) integration into XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=11640)

- los93sol - 2005-06-21

update: ysbox has fixed the bug which was causing downloads to crash. he hasn't submitted it yet, but it is fixed :d

- aNtiBiOteK - 2005-06-21

awsome!
thats great news, now we can finally have it integrated in to the cvs and it will take off from here

- pike - 2005-06-21

Rolleyes

- los93sol - 2005-06-21

@aNtiBiOteK
not so fast...there are still quite a few other things that have to be done before the team will consider it for cvs. it still needs a download manager and a bookmark manager, it should use xbmc's fonts, etc. the enthusiasm is great though, the work on the integration is going from user support :d

regards,
los93sol

- aNtiBiOteK - 2005-06-22

from what i saw few weeks ago, it looked very promissing. perhaps a lot of people just dont realize the potential for this addon if it is implemented; since media is a huge part of the web now.

it would get rid of the need for web tv, and all those other web services. would get rid of the need for a new python plugin every time a site changes a bit of their code. would bring pr0n and other goodies to the big screen Smile etc... if flash is added, then well.. you know the deal.

this is really the future of entertainment. intergrating the internet with just about everything in your home. at this point, i just think about how wired my house is. i got the xbox as a front for my living room. 2 routers, one for voice over ip, one for wifi, voip phone line, about 4 functioning computers in the house, a computer under my xbox to serve as a dump / xlink server and comming soon a centralized server, with an xbox w/xbmc in every room linking to it. ok, i just went off on a tangent.

i would say that font support should not be on top of the priority list just yet. agreed, it is very important to have bookmark support; where you can just edit all your bookmarks in an xml file or something similar and upload it to your xbox. download manager is not that important, whats important is to be able to temporarily download files for the purpose of streaming. like atomfilm, yahoo's launch, etc...

my 2 cents,
antibiotek

- jiz_king - 2005-06-22

isn't it really nice to have something to look forward to again?

just like the old days

*fetches slippers and pipe*

i remember.. back in 01.........

- vnm - 2005-06-23

Quote:perhaps a lot of people just dont realize the potential for this addon if it is implemented; since media is a huge part of the web now.
even some of the devs seems to miss that point... i really hope this makes it into the cvs.

- DonJ - 2005-06-29

@los93sol are there any news?

thx

- los93sol - 2005-06-29

the project is still alive and going. more dev help is still needed so if you can help please get in contact with me as soon as possible.

regards,
los93sol

- incognegro - 2005-06-30

gr8 to see progress Smile i hope this gets included in the cvs round the time i get broadband. so my comp can take an overdue rest

- HarshReality - 2005-07-02

los, have you guys updated your anon cvs lately? went to see what i could see today and guicontrol is waaaay different than the current cvs for xbmc. as i normally use a file compare program to intigrate the alterations, there is no way as its a complete change from the current for xbmc.

90% change + blind overwrite == boom

- chilin_dude - 2005-07-07

keep up the good work guys, can't wait for this!

- kimgitz - 2005-07-11

hi guyz just thought u guyz rock, and want to say i for one cant wait to use it. just wanted to show my continued support to see this project brought to complition and hope this inspires you guyz to keep on the good work. :thumbsup:

- HarshReality - 2005-07-11

kinda like christmas aint it... your the first one up, but you still have to ait for mom and dad before you can tear into things.

anticipation is going to be the death of me.

- incognegro - 2005-07-11

:thumbsup: yea