Kodi Community Forum
LinksBoks (Links2Browser Web-Browser) integration into XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: LinksBoks (Links2Browser Web-Browser) integration into XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=11640)

- edraws - 2005-11-27

hmmm, that's strange.

links should work with an usb keyboard without the osd.

i can use my keyboard with anything that requires input in xbmc right now without the osd.

there is probably and input control that needs to be modified.

- incognegro - 2005-12-02

(kick in da door @ nov. 25 2005,22:45 Wrote:is it possible to have some type of communication etween the rss feed on the homepage of xbmc and linksboks, like if there is a topic or headline that interests me i would click it and linksboks would autolaunch to that page..

what do you guys think
good idea but i think that would need a change in the way xbmc grabs rss feeds.........im no expert though so im i dunno

- Kick In Da Door - 2005-12-13

is it possible to open up webpages that i saved from my pc(.htm files) in linksbox, if possible how do i go about doing this, i already created a folder in drive e:/ of the xbox and moved my saved webpages to it, what are the steps to open them in linksboks if its possible?

- incognegro - 2005-12-17

(kick in da door @ dec. 13 2005,20:44 Wrote:is it possible to open up webpages that i saved from my pc(.htm files) in linksbox, if possible how do i go about doing this, i already created a folder in drive e:/ of the xbox and moved my saved webpages to it, what are the steps to open them in linksboks if its possible?
no not really........you see the browser will only display files that are on a web server. your files arent on a web server; it will display the local web server thats in xbmc but that wont display your file. now if you run a web server on your computer like what i do then you can display the page through that but it the page has to be on your computer in some fashion.

- kraqh3d - 2005-12-17

xbmc's webserver uses $home\web as the docroot. just copy your files there and you should be able to access them with http://localhost/<yourfilenamehere>.

(assuming, of course, that "localhost" works on the xbox. if not, just substitute in the actual ip address.)

- incognegro - 2005-12-18

yea i know but i tested it and it doesnt work

- sCAPe - 2005-12-19

any updates with the linksboks browser in xbmc? in what development stage is the browser?

is the bookmark feature already working?

just wondering, because i would love to see linksboks integrated into xbmc. Smile

thanks a lot.

scape

- ysbox - 2005-12-19

sorry still no update. i hope to find some time & motivation soon to finish those bookmarks and history and do a settings screen.

as for the local files, you can access them without having a web browser using urls like file://e:\folder\file.txt (i'm not sure about the '//' & can't test now, try with and without...).

- Kick In Da Door - 2005-12-21

(ysbox @ dec. 19 2005,21:24 Wrote:sorry still no update. i hope to find some time & motivation soon to finish those bookmarks and history and do a settings screen.

as for the local files, you can access them without having a web browser using urls like file://e:\folder\file.txt (i'm not sure about the '//' & can't test now, try with and without...).
thanks it worked, i defintaley needed it, and its with it "//"
example:

file://e:\offline webpages\news\articles\new york.htm

and your able to bookmark it which is nice, because some of the addresses get a bit to long to type in with a xbox controller.

thanks again, for xbmc & linksbok.

- Rand Al Thor - 2005-12-22

i compiled a build for the 20th, when i launch the web browser though it freezes the box. anyone else experiencing this?

- Lowen SoDium - 2005-12-26

(rand al thor @ dec. 22 2005,19:13 Wrote:i compiled a build for the 20th, when i launch the web browser though it freezes the box. anyone else experiencing this?
i get the exact same thing. i have for the last 2 syncs

- ysbox - 2005-12-30

update!  Wink

Quote:-12-30-05  updated: synced to xbmc cvs as of 12-30-05.
-12-30-05  updated: fixes to get rid of links' memory allocation and leaks tracking => more speed, less mem usage
-12-30-05  fixed: browser crashing on start. fix is in xbmc cvs (30-12-2005), not in svn.
-12-30-05  added: working history window
-12-30-05  added: xbmc-based bookmarks manager
-> add bookmarks, new folder, delete, move, edit...
-> while in it with focus on the list use black to bring up a context menu

as always, those who know how to test it can feel free to do so, and those who don't can feel free to... learn.

- Nickman - 2005-12-30

(ysbox @ dec. 30 2005,04:47 Wrote:update!  Wink

Quote:-12-30-05  updated: synced to xbmc cvs as of 12-30-05.
-12-30-05  updated: fixes to get rid of links' memory allocation and leaks tracking => more speed, less mem usage
-12-30-05  fixed: browser crashing on start. fix is in xbmc cvs (30-12-2005), not in svn.
-12-30-05  added: working history window
-12-30-05  added: xbmc-based bookmarks manager
-> add bookmarks, new folder, delete, move, edit...
-> while in it with focus on the list use black to bring up a context menu

as always, those who know how to test it can feel free to do so, and those who don't can feel free to... learn.
thanks for the update Smile i'll give it a try.

- Nickman - 2005-12-30

just did a compile and upload and i must say i'm impressed. it looks so much more polished now then the last time i tried it. (way back)

and the xbe file is almost the same size. this should be in the cvs tree so it can be maintaind alongside with rest of the code. jm have you tried this new version ?

anyhow great work :bowdown:

- ysbox - 2005-12-30

thanks Smile

in today's cool tips™:
"how to do cool stuff like amarok (1, 2) in xbmc and links using 1 line of python"!

get the wikipedia entry for the currently playing artist:
Quote:import xbmc
xbmc.executebuiltin('xbmc.browseurl(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/special:search/'+xbmc.player().getmusicinfotag().getartist()+')')

get the lyrics from the currently playing song:
Quote:import xbmc
xbmc.executebuiltin('xbmc.browseurl(http://lyrc.com.ar/en/tema1en.php?artist='+xbmc.player().getmusicinfotag().getartist()+'&songname='+xbmc.player().getmusicinfotag().gettitle()+')')

well ok, that's 2 lines with the import statement...
but check it out Wink
paste them in new wikipedia.py and lyrics.py files, put them in your scripts folders, play some music and run!