Kodi Community Forum
LinksBoks (Links2Browser Web-Browser) integration into XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: LinksBoks (Links2Browser Web-Browser) integration into XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=11640)

- hardc0r3 - 2006-04-12

i think your problem is with the file : util.cpp it gave me errors first time i compiled so i had to go back to 0409 version of that specific file after that it compiled perfect.

- Rand Al Thor - 2006-04-12

erm can you be a little more specifiic? revision 0409 of xbmc cvs or links svn?

edit: ok i tried going into my links folder before i merge it with my xbmc folder i found xbmc/util.cpp and i right clicked went to svn and get revision at: i tried entering in 0409 and i got an error. i think i must not be understanding what you meant. i know right now they are at revision 96. did you mean 94? or maybe a revision from 9/4/06?

- Coolgamer30 - 2006-04-13

Quote: erm can you be a little more specifiic? revision 0409 of xbmc cvs or links svn?

edit: ok i tried going into my links folder before i merge it with my xbmc folder i found xbmc/util.cpp and i right clicked went to svn and get revision at: i tried entering in 0409 and i got an error. i think i must not be understanding what you meant. i know right now they are at revision 96. did you mean 94? or maybe a revision from 9/4/06?

he means 0409 of the xbmc cvs.  just copy the linksboks source over the xbmc source like normal but use the util.cpp from the xbmc source instead of the linksboks source and then it will compile without a problem.

- Rand Al Thor - 2006-04-13

yeah i tried that and no luck either. just to make sure it worked still i tried compiling xbmc on its own and everything went fine. ive never seen so many error messages while compiling when i try to build with links. really strange.

edit: seems like there was a major error that kept occuring somewhere between the keyboard and the chair. basically im an idiot and it would help if i had the correct date for cvs and that i didnt make that same mistake 10 or 11 times. seems to be working great now.

- mrzaz - 2006-04-13

jep, i have tried both xbmc cvs 04/10 with links v96 and the cleared folder and did a clean 04/09 checkout with links v96
but both complains about a lot of errors in util.cpp when compiling.

have now done a comparison and the util.cpp file that was checked out actually was inserted late 2006-04-10 so it was included in the 04/11 checkout.
have done an examdiff on util.cpp on the 04/10 and 04/11 checkout and it's the 04/11 that is the correct one and this compared to links v96 is exactly the same except the added stuff that was added for links.

have now verified all other modified files between 04/10 -> 04/11 against the files included in the links folder and the only one that is used in both xbmc and links is util.cpp.

conclusion:
use the xbmc 04/11 checkout together with v96.
will try a compile now and get back with result.
success!!! xboxlinks now compiles successfully.

- ysbox - 2006-04-13

i made a quick sync for people having issues compiling:

Quote:-04-13-06 updated: synced to xbmc cvs -- "13-04-2006 fixed: sometimes a highlighted item in dvd menu's didn't change if another item was selected."

i'll include the first line of xbmc's changelog.txt from now on, to be more precise.

note that i use the very latest revision from dev cvs to sync so you might have to wait a little to be able to get it though anonymous access.

cheers

- mrzaz - 2006-04-13

compiled nice and easy... Smile
as this is alpha/beta i wouldn't expect miracles and found
some "quirks" here and there.

- does not save bookmarks when exit bookmark-menu.
(or i do something wrong. couldn't get out unless i pressed
the menu button)
- does not close the bookmarks menu after selecting a bookmark
to load.
- the osd-menu buttons not shown properly.
- a lot of other w3c incompability issues. (not complaint, just observation).

i will do some more testing and report back on any issues.

request:
menu setting to change font/font-size would be nice.
(if possible)

final thought. i am well aware that this is in the initial phase of the integration links > xbmc and it's nice that someone finally would take on the task of doing it.
creds to "los93sol" and "ysbox". Smile

will follow this development and give feedback from time to time.

regards
mrzaz

- chilin_dude - 2006-06-05

2 months and no post?
hows it going?

- incognegro - 2006-06-06

everybody is wating on xbmc 2.0 , thats probably why there hasn't been any activity

- kimgitz - 2006-06-06

am sure everything is going well, they should be working hard to get things ready for xbmc 2.0. linksbok should be intergrated soon after the release if all goes well.

credits to los93sol..he is also being working hard on another project that is dear to me....mc360...am sure he is keeping a good eye on that....making sure that we will be able to enjoy linkbok using mc360.

hi ysbox...dude hope your ok

everyone else in the team :thumbsup:

- HarshReality - 2006-07-16

Can they at least sync with CVS please? Been a few months and can almost wager it wouldnt work with current.

-04-13-06 Updated: Synced to XBMC CVS -- "13-04-2006 fixed: sometimes a highlig..

- SixOneS4 - 2006-07-27

To let you guys know I'm Los93soL, re-incarnated since my old name was banned. Wanted to give you guys an update on the status of Links, I haven't had much of a net connection since February, moved to a new house and there's no broadband available so being online is a bit difficult these days. Anyhow, I haven't spoken with Ysbox in quite some time, I have a sync sitting on my desktop but it unfortunately isn't working 100%. Some things are broken like pointer navigation with the sync, but it does get Links compiling with xbmc as of a few weeks ago.

I certainly cannot speak for Ysbox, but after some recent events I'm not sure whether I will be continuing work with the Links integration or not. I hope my position on this doesn't effect the work of Ysbox, I know a lot of you guys are looking forward to the integration and are waiting in anticipation for the day it all goes to CVS. My issue is this...I have no dev access to CVS which means once Links does finally hit CVS I will then be severely limited in my ability to help maintain and contribute to the project. I've more or less been deemed incompetent to make the simplest of changes so I guess my place in helping develop XBMC doesn't exist? At any rate this is all incredibly frustrating for me since I have so much time invested in this project, but I'm afraid until Pike recognizes the fact that I am a competent developer there's really not much I can continue doing with this project.

I'd like to take a minute to thank Ysbox, JMarshall, Geminiserver, BPairs, everyone who's helped with testing, and everyone else who has contributed to this project. Also, I want to stress my personal position on this does not reflect those of anyone else who has worked on the project and doesn't mean the project is being scrapped, just that I don't see the point in working on something when I'm apparently not recognized as a competent developer to even make a simple keymap change.

Regards,
Los93soL

- Xenophobic - 2006-07-30

HarshReality Wrote:Can they at least sync with CVS please? Been a few months and can almost wager it wouldnt work with current.

-04-13-06 Updated: Synced to XBMC CVS -- "13-04-2006 fixed: sometimes a highlig..

it doesn't even come close to compiling with current. endless stream of errors.

SixOneS4 Wrote:To let you guys know I'm Los93soL, re-incarnated since my old name was banned. Wanted to give you guys an update on the status of Links, I haven't had much of a net connection since February, moved to a new house and there's no broadband available so being online is a bit difficult these days. Anyhow, I haven't spoken with Ysbox in quite some time, I have a sync sitting on my desktop but it unfortunately isn't working 100%. Some things are broken like pointer navigation with the sync, but it does get Links compiling with xbmc as of a few weeks ago.

I certainly cannot speak for Ysbox, but after some recent events I'm not sure whether I will be continuing work with the Links integration or not. I hope my position on this doesn't effect the work of Ysbox, I know a lot of you guys are looking forward to the integration and are waiting in anticipation for the day it all goes to CVS. My issue is this...I have no dev access to CVS which means once Links does finally hit CVS I will then be severely limited in my ability to help maintain and contribute to the project. I've more or less been deemed incompetent to make the simplest of changes so I guess my place in helping develop XBMC doesn't exist? At any rate this is all incredibly frustrating for me since I have so much time invested in this project, but I'm afraid until Pike recognizes the fact that I am a competent developer there's really not much I can continue doing with this project.

I'd like to take a minute to thank Ysbox, JMarshall, Geminiserver, BPairs, everyone who's helped with testing, and everyone else who has contributed to this project. Also, I want to stress my personal position on this does not reflect those of anyone else who has worked on the project and doesn't mean the project is being scrapped, just that I don't see the point in working on something when I'm apparently not recognized as a competent developer to even make a simple keymap change.

Regards,
Los93soL

I found out a bit ago you were banned from the xbmc project, and i learned about some kind of fiasco surrounding you and mc360, but people in #xbmc over at efnet refused to provide any details.

I had the general feeling the the links2xbmc project was relatively dead, with no cvs updates (and as such not syncing with xbmc) since april, no new updates in this thread, or the one over at xbox-scene forums.

As for myself i think it's no big deal if links2xbmc is ever merged in xbmc's main cvs.
People that wish it, including me, can easily compile it in quite easily ourselves.
But it doesnt lessen the requierment that it be kept synced to xbmc tho, i havent used links2xbmc in months, for the simple fact that im not gonna be using a 4 months-old xbmc.

I sincerly hope the project isn't abandonned, and any disagreements with some xbmc developpers shouldn't stop you from doing your own thing on the side. I'm not making judgements on any side here, as in any case i can't, since i have no idea what this stemmed from.

/Tears - Textbook - 2006-08-03

Wow, what happened? los93sol / SixOneS4 has helped push the XBMC project with his work on this project (Links) and coding for the MC360 skin. I hope you guys can resolve whatever it is that happened. It's sad to see you gone from a project I was hoping to see get finished. I was really interested in this. Unfortunately, this may mean an end to something people were looking forward to. Here's hoping for something to work out for the end users.

- stuaxo - 2006-08-09

This is pretty bad if it's not got a chance of going in... obviously after xbmc 2 comes out prob worth looking at, maybe if there are disagreements, then it would be worth forking xbmc :-\