Kodi Community Forum
LinksBoks (Links2Browser Web-Browser) integration into XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: LinksBoks (Links2Browser Web-Browser) integration into XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=11640)

- RetroS4 - 2007-04-18

It would be pretty simple since Links already supports direct loading of URL's via XBMC's skinning engine. As far as I can tell all the really needs to be done is to make the RSS control focusable, add OnClick() to the RSS control and pass it directly to links. Correct me if I'm wrong, but RSS feeds have a different URL than the actual news site so doing it through OnClick() would give the skinner more control over the end-user experience.

- nate12o6 - 2007-04-18

The thing i am looking foward to this for is there would be no need for a lot of the python scripts anymore. With nzb file support we would be able to go to whichever site we would like and just get the nzb files directly.

- ysbox - 2007-04-18

RetroS4: opening the browser with a predefined URL is straightforward indeed, the rest is a matter of working on the RSS control... Besides your idea of merging the goto and stop buttons makes sense; still, I would like to find another solution to simplify input - perhaps remapping buttons and allowing mouse navigation while holding another 'alternate' button like the right-trigger. But this will be for after the code is made public again.

The work is now almost done, just a few small things to fix and you'll be able to play with it in a few days (i'm far from working on it 24/7 btw Smile)!

- craze7 - 2007-04-18

YSBOX, you are a legend!

can't wait for this..

- weinerschnitzel - 2007-04-19

Oh man, a few days... This is rather exciting, I think we will see this on xbox-scene news when its done. I have faith that this won't freeze up on Request Sent, like I have been getting with the commits CoolGamer30 puts together. I really wonder why that is.

- christo182 - 2007-04-22

looks like the waiting is almost over! there's a new linksbrowser branch in the SVN! Big Grin

- nate12o6 - 2007-04-22

would that happen to mean that the tech builds will include this?

- spiff - 2007-04-22

eventually it will be merged into trunk. until then we wouldnt know what t3ch plans.

- craze7 - 2007-04-22

whoo-hoo!!!!

Good work ysbox

- ysbox - 2007-04-23

Guess it's not a secret anymore, so yes, there is a linksbrowser branch in SVN; building XBMC with links is now easier than ever:

just follow the instructions here!

only difference is the URL of the repository to checkout: [HTML]https://svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/xbmc/branches/linksbrowser/XBMC[/HTML] (instead of "trunk").

Then run Build.bat or do what you always do Wink

The branch still has to be kept in sync with the trunk for it to include the latest changes made to the trunk, but as it's now easier this should happen more often!

Also please don't consider this code as final, there are issues and most are known, most noticeably i have been unable to test how it runs in 16:9 resolutions.
As for big new features, let's just say I there are some you can expect to see (one day), and other you won't EVER. I'll clarify that later, for now enjoy what's already there!

- weinerschnitzel - 2007-04-23

spiff Wrote:eventually it will be merged into trunk. until then we wouldnt know what t3ch plans.
I think T3CH should do some builds of XBMCLinks. I think it will really publicize the project and developers may be more motivated to fix bugs and what not.
Well, hey, its out. And Spiff just did a fix. I'm gonna browse now.

- Deff - 2007-04-23

weinerschnitzel Wrote:I think T3CH should do some builds of XBMCLinks. I think it will really publicize the project and developers may be more motivated to fix bugs and what not.

I will be doing weekly builds (providing it's up to date at that point in time with XBMC) for my own use.

- Jezz_X - 2007-04-23

weinerschnitzel Wrote:I think T3CH should do some builds of XBMCLinks. I think it will really publicize the project and developers may be more motivated to fix bugs and what not.

heh I would say the amount of work allready put into it and not wanted all that to be wasted would be motivation enough to get it added to the main trunk

- Nickman - 2007-04-23

THANK YOU!! Smile Doing a private build right now.
Will report any problems/sugestions in this thread.

- C-Quel - 2007-04-23

Kudos! Smile