Kodi Community Forum
Testing XBMC Eden and i´m personally disappointed by XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Kodi related discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Testing XBMC Eden and i´m personally disappointed by XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=116535)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Testing XBMC Eden and i´m personally disappointed by XBMC - Eisi2005 - 2011-12-09

Hi,

first let me say XBMC is the world greatest media center i use.
I´m running XBMC 10.1 and all is fine.

XBMC 11 have surley some nice new features but for me personally there is nothing i need.

I miss some nice features:

Dual Audio
Movie Sets
Actor biography
Better Favorite view

How is your opinion ?

Greets
Eisi

- darkscout - 2011-12-09

1) Hopefully I'll have that patch done once Eden final drops
2) Um, movie sets work fine for me.
4) That depends on the Skin.

So far I've personally loving everything Mephiz has done. Airplay, Airtunes, NFS, AFP.

- Eisi2005 - 2011-12-09

Hi,

1) dual audio out of the box not with a patch. For windows user no problem to change the exe, but for linux noob like me using linux or live version beacuse it´s performant like windows it´s a problem.
2) out of the box not with an addon
4) all the skinbs i saw have only 2 views. Nice were a home widget and info button function and so on.

Greets
Eisi

- sialivi - 2011-12-09

Eisi2005 Wrote:2) out of the box not with an addon

Movie Sets *are* supported out of the box, only creating sets from within xbmc requires an add-on.

- Chris! - 2011-12-09

Quote:not as an addon
Your out of luck in future as xbmc is moving at a more add-on struxture because of the inherent benefits

Also the patch would likely be included in xbmc and you wouldn't patch it yourself.

And the biggest point (in big letters)
xbmc 11 is still in nightlies - so isn't representative of the final eden

- natethomas - 2011-12-09

Actually, it somewhat is representative of the final eden. Mind you, lots of bugs to iron out, but we're pretty well feature complete at this point.

- Ned Scott - 2011-12-09

There's soooo much stuff under the hood that's been improved. Eden might not be an update to wow people with buzzwords and pointless "social media" features, but it will run like butter on systems that once choked, gives better tools for skinners and add-on developers, and gives us the first official XBMC ARM release. We can't reinvent the media center for every point release.

- darkscout - 2011-12-09

Eisi2005 Wrote:Hi,

1) dual audio out of the box not with a patch. For windows user no problem to change the exe, but for linux noob like me using linux or live version beacuse it´s performant like windows it´s a problem.
2) out of the box not with an addon
4) all the skinbs i saw have only 2 views. Nice were a home widget and info button function and so on
Greets
Eisi

1) It will NEVER be supported out of the box without a patch. I'm hopefully going to make 2 debs for i86 and amd64 for eden final and be done with it. And then "but for linux noob like me using linux or live version beacuse it´s performant like windows it´s a problem." - English do you speak it? Because that doesn't parse.
2) Yes, out of he box.
4) It's not our fault you can't go looking through the skins.

- conehead - 2011-12-09

hmm concerning the movie sets...
theres a thing i still miss.
putting the fanart/backdrop into a folder and use it.
without setting it up in xbmc itself.

we have a server and like 10 ppl use it.
but everyone has to set it up himself.

i have a folder with sports movies...but the general fanart is from surfing...
i want a fanart for all people who add my source :/

- spiff - 2011-12-09

Dual audio=useless. Movie sets are utterly uninteresting they don add anything to the experience. I want to watch the movie don't read long lists of movie names. I never used favorites.

My point? Everything listed is esoteric features hardly anyone cares about.

You want it you add it.

- darkscout - 2011-12-09

spiff Wrote:You want it you add it.

You mean like someone made a patch for Dual Audio?

- aptalca - 2011-12-09

Movie sets are supported out of the box.

You just have to have an .nfo that contains the movie set info.

If you don't want to create the nfo yourself, you can use an addon to do that. But once the nfo is there, xbmc "out of the box" reads it and displays it in the library.

I use xwmm web server addon to create movie sets, it is available in the built-in addon repo, it is very easy to use and you do it through the web interface.

- spiff - 2011-12-09

Yes exactly. now they have it. Single platform hacks don't belong in the main tree.

- Tight_wad - 2011-12-09

I thought that I had read a post a long time ago....far far away, that said that Eden was not going to be a big bells and whistles type of a release. More of a renovation job that would prepare it for the future! Adding or changing things deep in the bowels of XBMC itself. Making it lean, clean, and a nicer place for the dev's to do their no pay Job.

Did something change that would have made anyone think that Eden would be any different then this?

- darkscout - 2011-12-10

spiff Wrote:Yes exactly. now they have it. Single platform hacks don't belong in the main tree.

Um, single platform being... Linux, OS X and Windows? What other platforms are there?