Kodi Community Forum
Broken Weather Underground - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Weather Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=155)
+---- Thread: Broken Weather Underground (/showthread.php?tid=116668)

RE: Weather Underground - ronie - 2016-08-13

nope, it's hardcoded in the kodi sourcecode.

RE: Weather Underground - Rantanplan-1 - 2016-08-20

Hello Roine

i have since a while problems to show animated maps (first just on one machine, now on both)

they just doesnt show up and if they do (not often) the "radar" one doesnt have a BG image (just the green clouds).

Hope this helps:

debug Log

with weather debugging enabled:

Pastebin logsnipped

if this is of any Interst i use mapzoomlevel "7"

(btw. Im on Jarvis 16.1 Windows 7)

Regards

RE: Weather Underground - ronie - 2016-08-20

can you check if there are any .gif files in C:\x_Portable Progs\KODI (Jarvis Portable)\Kodi\portable_data\userdata\addon_data\weather.wunderground\maps\
and in case they are, can you open them in an image viewer?

RE: Weather Underground - Rantanplan-1 - 2016-08-20

Thanks

there are three and i can open two of them (one file throw "unknew file format or file not found" if i try to open it via "irvanview")

after a restart the two gifs seems to work again (only this two, but radar (which is one of this two) dont have a map BG (just Black).)

EDIT:
i uploaded them as .zip in case it is of any help.

Link:
maps.zip (in case of "advertisment", its the blue buttom with the cloudicon)

RE: Weather Underground - ronie - 2016-08-21

i was able to reproduce the issues.

the missing images are due to wunderground returning an 'internal server error' when the addon tries to download them.
at times, it works fine, at other times the error is returned.
not sure if there's anything i can do about it. seems like a problem at their end to me.

the black background seems to only happen for certain locations.
if i test with some US based locations, all if fine, whereas most european locations have this black background.
again, seems like a bug at their end to me.

RE: Weather Underground - Nikolo - 2016-08-24

Just bought a Api, enter the code but no luck from France no icons just the datas.

RE: Weather Underground - ronie - 2016-08-24

(2016-08-24, 19:30)Nikolo Wrote: Just bought a Api, enter the code but no luck from France no icons just the datas.

icons are provided by the skin you're using. so better ask in the support thread of the skin you're using.
one cause could be you're using a skin that isn't compatible with the kodi version you're running.

RE: Weather Underground - themoddingden - 2016-09-06

Have api key can't set location that is found in weather undergrounds website. does not list my location in kodi .
I get quebec as a whole. but not saint-prosper-de-dorchester quebec.
but weather underground has it and can't find location code.

RE: Weather Underground - ronie - 2016-09-06

try searching for saint-prosper-de-dorchester, works fine on my end.

RE: Weather Underground - gate1975mlm - 2016-09-15

I have a few questions for you guys if that's ok.

I finally figured out where to enter my Free API code in kodi 17 and it is showing my local weather info finally Smile

But how did it know where I live is my API code created only for where I live or something and where is the weather info coming from exactly as all I see is the name of my city? Also if I wanted to change the weather location to somewhere else how exactly do you do that?

So far all I did was enter the API code and boom it started showing my local city's weather.

Thanks

RE: Weather Underground - ronie - 2016-09-16

setting up locations is done on the same screen you entered you api code.

if you don't enter any locations, the addon will fallback to using geoip to determine the current location.

RE: Weather Underground - gate1975mlm - 2016-09-16

(2016-09-16, 10:09)ronie Wrote: setting up locations is done on the same screen you entered you api code.

if you don't enter any locations, the addon will fallback to using geoip to determine the current location.

So there is no way to scroll a list of different weather stations?

Like when i put in my zip code I thought you would be able to pick from different weather stations in my area?

RE: Weather Underground - ronie - 2016-09-16

nope.

RE: Weather Underground - jmh2002 - 2016-09-16

(2016-09-16, 13:33)gate1975mlm Wrote:
(2016-09-16, 10:09)ronie Wrote: setting up locations is done on the same screen you entered you api code.

So there is no way to scroll a list of different weather stations?

Like when i put in my zip code I thought you would be able to pick from different weather stations in my area?

The way to do what you want is to 'scroll a list of different weather stations' on www.weatherundeground.com first.

See my instructions below from a previous post in this thread (http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=116668&pid=2293256#pid2293256 ):

(2016-03-27, 10:38)jmh2002 Wrote: In the advanced settings of the Weather Underground addon I have always put the 4 digit codes for the exact station and this has always worked (for years).

If you go to https://www.wunderground.com, find your station, and then click 'Change Station' you will see this code.
Here you will also see a list of stations nearby including Personal Weather Stations from private people.

The Personal Weather Station codes are in a different format but work in the same way. I tested this morning with a couple close to me:

Nice Airport: LFMN
Rue Sa da: pws:INICE161

Everything works as it should. In the display name you can enter whatever you want to personalise the name that appears in Kodi.

Oh, autoip works too if you are travelling (but you are at the mercy of wherever the network ip address is of course).

Is this what you were looking for? Hope this helps Nod

NB: For personal weather stations you need enter in above format: pws:INICE161 (including the pws: ).
If you miss the pws: part then it doesn't work.

Hope this helps Cool

RE: Weather Underground - jmh2002 - 2016-09-16

@ronie

Is geoip the same as autoip?